Perth Mint Voyager Coins
By: T'Bonz on Sep 1

Face Off To Feature Trek Makeup

Pegg Omaze Video Features Outtakes

Vulcan Ale – The Genesis Effect
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old April 23 2014, 04:51 AM   #451
JD
Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

I enjoyed this one. I enjoyed getting to learn more about Cora, and I liked the relationship we got between Snow and Regina. I really like what they've been doing with Regina lately. I like villain-to-hero stories, and her's has been pretty good so far.
Old April 23 2014, 11:01 AM   #452
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I just want to see Snow lapse for a second and call Regina "Mommy" (Snowwhite's grandson is her brother?) and then watch Regina lose her shit.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 12:38 PM   #453
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I enjoyed this one. I enjoyed getting to learn more about Cora, and I liked the relationship we got between Snow and Regina. I really like what they've been doing with Regina lately. I like villain-to-hero stories, and her's has been pretty good so far.

I agree with the villain to hero thing & the changing relationship between Snow & Regina. I also like the relationship that has been developing between Emma and Regina. I fear what will happen, however, when Regina learns of Emma's plans to take Henry back to NYC, especially before they find a way to recall his memories.

I wonder why the WWOTW can't kill Emma, and if Emma is so powerful why that power isn't transferred in some way to Henry.
Old April 28 2014, 02:53 AM   #454
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Last week, JD mentioned...

JD wrote: View Post
... and I liked the relationship we got between Snow and Regina.
We got that again this week in spades!

I thought Regina was going to break down when Snow and Charming said their goodbyes and then again when Snow asked her to take her heart and split it in two for the both of them.

When Snow let herself fall into Regina's embrace, it made me think of the 10 year old who loved her step mother, and the young woman who saved an unknown child from certain death.

My only nitpick with TPTB is why split the heart? Why not place it whole within Charming. We know Graham / the Huntsman functioned "well" in Storybrook with his heart locked away in Regina's vault.

At least TPTB didn't turn "Storybrook" Charming into another Zelena avatar like Ariel a couple weeks ago.

Speaking about TPTB... I'm glad they went this route with Regina, specifically having the STEPMOTHER's kiss break the curse this time. All those stepmoms out there can stop feeling persecuted by the OUaT storyline.

"So, who was that guy you were kissing?"

Now that's a line Regina didn't expect to deal with this week.

You GO Girl!

And Neal...

Still looking out for Emma, even after you're "gone".

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

As for next week...

Lets just say, the WWotW's worst nightmare comes to Storybrook.

And she's ARMED!
Old April 28 2014, 02:59 AM   #455
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

I thought I read somewhere that Neal was permanently off the show and never coming back?
Old April 28 2014, 03:55 AM   #456
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Neal was permanently off the show and never coming back?
That is what was said, yes, although in light of the fact that this episode nullified other things they have said or tried to imply, I'm inclined to treat that as either misdirection or only being applicable outside of flashbacks, which is perfectly fine and really shouldn't be held against them.

Tonight's episode was really revelatory on a number of different fronts, which I thought was awesome, and also helped clarify several things:
1) Zel sent Walsh to NYC as a result of this episode's flashbacks, and probably either shortly before or after drinking the memory potion and leaving Rumple's presence
2) Everyone had been in Storybrooke for three months before Emma returned
3) Hook wasn't being intentionally misleading even though, without all the details, it may have seemed that way to others

The episode also further confirmed for me something that I think may have gotten 'lost in translation' insofar as how some of the fandom views the series' narrative formula, which is that there's a far different purpose for the kind of 'dual-time storytelling' that has defined the show from the very beginning in Season 3 than there was for it in Season 1, and than there was in Season 2.

Season 1's 'dual-time' storytelling was used primarily to establish the characters and mythology for the series and to help facilitate the progression of Emma's 'hero's journey';Season 2 used the formula to flesh out certain established characters that the fans wanted to know more about and tell/set up a storyline that was meant to last into the first part of Season 3 rather than being resolved in the course of 22 episodes; and Season 3 has used the formula to tell two largely self-contained story arcs that are only linked to one another in that the consequences of one bleed into and lead to the events of the other.
Old April 28 2014, 04:29 AM   #457
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I've grown to like Regina this past couple of years. She's not the villain anymore, but she's stil a badass with a lot of fire.

Snow: It's happening again. I'm pregnant and an evil sorceress is threatening my baby.
Regina: To be fair, I was threatening you. The rest was just collateral damage.

Old April 28 2014, 04:33 AM   #458
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

I liked when Regina was calling pregnant Snow fat
Old April 28 2014, 05:21 AM   #459
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Great episode.

Regina was the one who broke the memory curse by kissing Henry.
Neal was able to send a message and the memory potion to Hook so that he could find Emma.
Charming was going to make the ultimate sacrifice by making Snow cast the dark curse to return to Storybrooke. Snow's cleverness and her devotion to Charming preserved his life by having Regina split her heart into two.

I didn't realize until recently the actor who plays Robin Hood was the same hunk who played Leonidas in Meet the Spartans.
Old April 28 2014, 01:34 PM   #460
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I loved pretty much every minute of that episode!

Could the Good Witch have been in Narnia?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 01:35 PM   #461
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Tonight's episode was really revelatory on a number of different fronts, which I thought was awesome, and also helped clarify several things:
1) Zel sent Walsh to NYC as a result of this episode's flashbacks, and probably either shortly before or after drinking the memory potion and leaving Rumple's presence
2) Everyone had been in Storybrooke for three months before Emma returned
3) Hook wasn't being intentionally misleading even though, without all the details, it may have seemed that way to others

Why did Walsh remember he was beholding to the Wicked Witch if all their memories were wiped?

I must have missed the revelation that the people in Storybrook had been back for 3 months, when did they say that?

I loved how Henry recognized "Mr Smead" as being from the "Peter Pan" story and wonder why he never put the handless pirate together with that bit of info.

Do you think any of the monkeys they killed last night were Princess Aurora, Prince Philip, or Little John?
Old April 28 2014, 02:01 PM   #462
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I loved pretty much every minute of that episode!

Could the Good Witch have been in Narnia?
No. If ABC had licensed Narnia from Doug Gresham, a big deal would be made of it and we would know that it was happening.
Old April 28 2014, 07:19 PM   #463
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I would not completely rule out the possibility. An article I read on EW two years ago indicated that elements from Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and Chronicles of Narnia could be incorporated into to the series. We know at least Wonderland became a spin-off.
Old April 28 2014, 07:31 PM   #464
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I miscalculated things insofar as the timeline/chronology is concerned earlier, so I'd like to retract my statement that Zelena sent Walsh to NYC following events in this episode. I had misremembered the 8 months reference we got from New York Serenade and erroneously conflated it with the 8 months reference in this episode.

Answering the earlier query about how we know Snow and Co. were back in Storybrooke for 3 months or so before Emma's return, they cast the new Curse between 8 and 9 months following their return to the EF, and we know that Hook didn't find Emma until an entire year had passed since their return to the EF, meaning that there's a gap of between 3 to 4 months between when the Curse was cast and when Emma, Henry, and Hook returned to Storybrooke.
Old April 28 2014, 11:12 PM   #465
selina
Fleet Captain

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Do you think any of the monkeys they killed last night were Princess Aurora, Prince Philip, or Little John?
I was wondering about that as well. I hope they didn't.

Great episode. I really enjoyed Snow's and Regina's relationship. Also, the twist who was behind the dark curse was really neat. For Hook I felt a bit sorry, though. Snow, Charming and especially Emma were really hard on him.
selina is offline   Reply With Quote