RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 401
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 7 2013, 10:22 PM   #31
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

Agree it was a bit of a letdown after the fast-paced season opener. As much as I like keeping the focus on these major characters, I'm not sure we really needed another flashback to the Snow vs Regina standoff prior to the curse. I mean, we get it already-- they don't like each other.

I realize they were trying to create a thematic link with the present, but surely they could have found some slightly fresher territory to explore than that.

I also can't help but wonder why either Regina or Rumple don't just use their considerable power to wipe out Pan and his lost boys in one fell swoop (or at least use their Force-choke power on him until he gives in). Or teleport themselves around the island until they find Henry.

Unless Pan has some kind of "magic dampening field" set up, this search should really not take that long at all.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 11:22 PM   #32
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They used Hook (aka, the writers) to counter Regina's ability to teleport around. Apparently, doing so is somehow more dangerous than just stumbling into the same dangers with lots of stomping and caterwaulin' as they "sneak" through the jungle. He didn't say there was anything stopping her from doing so, just that doing so would guarantee she land in a pile of poisoned plants or some other dastardly danger of the island. Presumably, Rumpelstiltskin knows this as well, what, being just as experienced on the island as Hook is.

Idiotic, yes, but that's what the writers have decreed to be fact. Thus it is.

And I agree, the tedious flashbacks to the past to fill out an episode is really getting old, especially when its the same thing over and over. At least we get to see Snow with some hair. So there's that. (Why the fuck hasn't she grown it out since the curse broke? She looks ridiculously horrible with that 'do.)

Then again, even in the Enchanted Forest, I can't even fathom how Snow was supposed to be more attractive than Regina, either. 'Cause, damn. (I seem to have channeled Will Smith there at the end.)
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 11:38 PM   #33
davejames
Vice Admiral

Well as with the Kirsten Stewart movie, I think we have to accept that "fairest" applies to more than just her physical beauty.

I agree though, that is some damn unflattering hair she's got.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 12:47 AM   #34
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Cap'n Crunch wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Anyone notice in the Rumpy/Belle scene on the cliff he wasn't casting any shadows? It just looked odd since everything else was.
That's because earlier in the show he cut his shadow loose, and sent it to hide his dagger.
Ah, makes sense, well I have to give them some credit then.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 04:57 AM   #35
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I didn't catch this at all Sunday night but someone did:'Once Upon' promo blunder: Snow White's magic crotch!

Oooops!
Old October 8 2013, 05:02 AM   #36
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^^ Pretty funny, though I wonder what that viewer was focusing on when they noticed that. Eyes up here, pal!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 08:55 AM   #37
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

A good episode overall, although I really could have done without yet another flashback to the Enchanted Forest. Especially because I'd much much rather have seen more of Neal, Mulan, Aurora, and Phillip.

Also, I'm getting a bit tired of Snow having to constantly remind Emma that she's her mother.
Old October 8 2013, 12:34 PM   #38
Mr Light
Admiral

Dumb question; do we know what exactly Pan is going to do with Henry?

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 02:13 AM   #39
Nightowl1701
Commander

Actually, it's more what Henry's going to do for him...
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 02:39 AM   #40
JD
Admiral

I thought this was a good episode. We got some interesting stuff with the Emma and Co. and Rumple. I've liked the arc of Emma having to accept who and what she is, and we got some good movement on that front here. They said before the premier aired that Neverland would force the characters to confront their pasts, and we definitely started to see that here. Apparently this stuff with Rumple and his father will be an ongoing thing at least for a while, because his father will be appearing later in the season.
I do agree that the flashbacks for this one were kind of meh. I understand what they were going for with the thematic link, but the storyline itself just felt unnecessary. It didn't really tell us anything about Snow that we didn't already know. It looks like next week's flashbacks will be a lot more interesting.
I wonder if we'll ever get any flashbacks for Aurora, Granny or any of the other Dwarves? They've all been in several episodes, but we really don't know much about their histories outside of how they relate to the other characters.
Old October 9 2013, 04:16 PM   #41
Kosh Naranek
Captain

The clincher for me was the end. Pan told that Emma that Henry would hate her by the time she found him or something to that effect. I found that chilling. Henry has always been loving and accepting of her. What will that do to her if his love and acceptance is ripped away?
Old October 9 2013, 09:50 PM   #42
danellis
Lieutenant Commander

Loved Snow's response - "I'm not viral"

dJE
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I didn't catch this at all Sunday night but someone did:'Once Upon' promo blunder: Snow White's magic crotch!

Oooops!
danellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 04:20 PM   #43
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Is anyone going to do a "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" thread?
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 04:46 PM   #44
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas are engaged.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 06:16 PM   #45
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Are they gonna have a fairytale-themed wedding?