Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 16 2013, 06:32 PM   #211
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

Yeah, that was straining it a bit. Obviously not all the townspeople were at the boundary of Storybrooke as well so some of them must still have been in the town when the curse was spreading through.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 06:38 PM   #212
sojourner
Admiral

Regina obviously teleported everyone and the VW to the edge of town for the teary farewells, lol.
Old December 16 2013, 08:02 PM   #213
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile

One observation: When Mr Gold was in his shop trying to get the anti-magic bracelet off, it looked like he planned to cut his hand off to get it off, but when he arrived in the town square, he still had both hands.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 08:05 PM   #214
SAndrews10
Captain

He was going to do that, but then came to terms with things and the prophecy and was ready to make the sacrifice.
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 08:35 PM   #215
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Wow, that was a great series finale!
Umm, except for the fact that it wasn't. We still have a full half-season to go and will more than likely get a fourth season on top of that.
Well yes, obviously. The point is it would have made an excellent series finale since everything was wrapped up neatly.
Old December 16 2013, 08:36 PM   #216
Snow Miser
I'm Too Much

View Snow Miser's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Snow Miser Send a message via AIM to Snow Miser

I wish that had been the series finale, it would have been perfect.
Old December 16 2013, 09:01 PM   #217
Scout101
Admiral

SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
He was going to do that, but then came to terms with things and the prophecy and was ready to make the sacrifice.
Probably the way they went with it. Of course, had they been smarter, he could have figured out that he, you know, has magic. So once he cuts his hand off, he'll have his magic back, and then can heal his hand/reattach/whatever. Makes a lot more sense in my head, at least, just grow it back once you get your magic.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 09:14 PM   #218
sojourner
Admiral

I kept waiting for Gold to realize he still had the black fairy's wand.
Old December 16 2013, 09:40 PM   #219
Snow Miser
I'm Too Much

View Snow Miser's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Snow Miser Send a message via AIM to Snow Miser

Scout101 wrote: View Post
SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
Probably the way they went with it. Of course, had they been smarter, he could have figured out that he, you know, has magic. So once he cuts his hand off, he'll have his magic back, and then can heal his hand/reattach/whatever. Makes a lot more sense in my head, at least, just grow it back once you get your magic.
That's what I thought he had done in the first place. He healed Dr. Whale when he got his arm torn off.
Old December 16 2013, 11:15 PM   #220
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

A Jewel Christmas wrote: View Post
I wish that had been the series finale, it would have been perfect.
Yes and no.

Perfect for Emma and Henry, but not for anyone else.

No happy endings for the rest of the tribe.

I just wonder why Hook remembers everything, is it because he's "special" or does everyone remember?

ETA:

sojourner wrote: View Post
Hmmm, does this open up for the return of Pinocchio?
I would ecstatically lobby for the return of the Huntsman, if not for the recent "50 shades of gray" recasting news.
Old December 16 2013, 11:21 PM   #221
davejames
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
That's actually what I thought HAD happened at first. And I'm still not sure whether getting the dagger back restored his power or if it was only the power contained in the dagger that he really needed to kill Pan.

Rumple had his usual swagger back, so I'm assuming he got his power restored. But it would have been nice if all that had been explained better.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 11:56 PM   #222
Snick27
Captain

Well to me that was the series finale. Without Gold and Regina the show just isn't worth watching for me..

Got a question about Knave. Since he was brought along with everyone to Storybrooke, will he be effected? And what if he gets the rabbit to take him back and there is no town. He is going to be like where in hell did everyone go to.
Same with the Madd Hatter.

So did everyone in Storybrooke loose their memories of everything that happened during the curse years? Cause when they go back home im sure everyone there will remember everything.
Old December 17 2013, 12:11 AM   #223
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

From the promo for next spring, it looks like the ones who went back retained their memories...

AND more importantly,

SPOILERS!

Regina

didn't

die!

Promo for the next ep, in March 2014!

SPOILERS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BWvrU9h3Tw

I wonder if the "Evil" Queen is history after Regina's experiences in Storybrook. Will she become the woman Henry always wanted her to be?

I also wonder about those memories Regina implanted in Emma & Henry's mind.

Could she have left a memory of herself, for Henry to find?

Remember how he went to Boston in search of Emma in the pilot.

Perhaps he will feel a complusion to leave the US in search of Regina?

I do have one question from the above clip.

SPOILERS!

WHY is Dr Whale in a modern hospital?
Old December 17 2013, 01:04 AM   #224
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post
Got a question about Knave. Since he was brought along with everyone to Storybrooke, will he be effected? And what if he gets the rabbit to take him back and there is no town. He is going to be like where in hell did everyone go to.
Same with the Madd Hatter.
Unlikely, from a writing/production standpoint. Last I watched, Knave (a.k.a. Will Scarlett) sacrificed himself to save Cyrus on OUAT in Wonderland. IIRC, Knave didn't die, but he ended up inside a bottle like a genie.

So did everyone in Storybrooke loose their memories of everything that happened during the curse years? Cause when they go back home im sure everyone there will remember everything.
I don't think they lost their memories upon returning to the Enchanted Forest, but I'm unclear as to what happened to the Storybrooke townsfolk who were affected by the cloud/curse. The cloud didn't hit all corners of town at the same time. Some people could've been at work, in the shower, sleeping, etc., when the curse started to spread.
Old December 17 2013, 01:21 AM   #225
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

It's really amazing that there's so much confusion about the end of last night's episode even though things were pretty clearly explained, but here's an outline of what actually happened
First of all, PAN'S CURSE NEVER HIT. By destroying the scroll used to cast It, Regina stopped said Curse in its tracks.

Secondly, the 'price' extracted for Regina stopping Pan's Curse was this: Emma and Henry would lose their Storybrooke experience memories, which would've made them virtual strangers to each other, and everyone else would be sent back to the place(s) where they came from (Black-and-White Land for Whale and the Enchanted Forest for everyone else).

Third: Regina used the same spell she used on Belle in "Lacey" on Emma and Henry in order to prevent their Storybrooke experience memories from being erased.

Fourth: The above things did nothing whatsoever to affect the timeline of the show; everything we've seen - including flashbacks - still happened.

Fifth: The false memories that Regina gave Emma and Henry have simply made them believe that they've been a family for all of Henry's life.

Sixth: That flashback at the end with Emma and baby Henry in the hospital in Phoenix was her changing her mind about giving him up for adoption without holding him in her arms.