RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,675
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 498
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 14 2014, 10:54 AM   #31
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 4 discussion/spoilers

Grace Park been back since the episodes that began airing in January, and Kono is part of the team like she was before. Of course, this means Catherine has been kind of scarce lately, because let's face it, there's only so much for each character to do in a 40-minute episode.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 02:12 AM   #32
shivkala
Rear Admiral

They snuck in another Lost alum with François Chau. Had a feeling I knew him from somewhere, as soon as I clicked on the guest list for this on IMDB, it hit me. It's Pierre Chang/Dr. Marvin Candle/Dr. Mark Wickmund/Dr. Edgar Halliwax!
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 04:33 AM   #33
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Have only seen the show a few times but caught the episode Friday night by chance. Amazing that Grace Park just turned 40.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 05:07 AM   #34
Immolatus
Captain

Kamekona is out? I hope not.
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 06:15 AM   #35
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Not sure where Shaka Zulu got the idea that Kamekona was being cut out in favor of Hurley. I mean Jerry. Jorge Garcia is getting promoted to full-time next season because he's Jorge Garcia.
Old March 27 2014, 08:53 PM   #36
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Michelle Borth to Exit
Old March 27 2014, 10:37 PM   #37
BigFoot
Admiral

^
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2014, 10:44 PM   #38
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
She never did much for me as a character but I'd take her over Jorge Garcia's tin-foil hat brigader.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2014, 01:31 AM   #39
Top41

She was much more effective when she was recurring, and the character was in the Navy. It sucks, because I feel like they shouldn't have made her a reg to start out with… they should have just kept her recurring and the character wouldn't have had to be written out. I also read on TV Line something about her getting into it with fans on Twitter, so maybe she wanted out.

5-0 just works best when it's the original four. Adding Max was fine because he's the coroner and not in every episode. I'm not sure how Jorge will be… I suspect he works better in small doses/as a recurring character as well.

Really, the fun in the show for me is the relationship and banter between Steve and Danny. Adding a ton of extraneous characters to solve cases with them or join 5-0 seems unnecessary. The show should focus on its strengths and really, it's those two.
Old March 28 2014, 01:58 AM   #40
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

I feel like Top41 and I have discussed this to death on Facebook () but to add to what she said:

Michelle Borth's addition to the main cast last season didn't make any sense. This season, the writers seemed to be incrementally bringing Catherine into the Five-0 team like they were hedging their bets just in case Grace Park decided to turn her maternity leave into a permanent exit from the show. But by the time they'd integrated Catherine into the team, Kono was back from her quest to find Adam, and it was clear that Grace Park was staying, and suddenly Cath/Michelle is the fifth wheel. So in the end, this news is totally unsurprising.
Old March 28 2014, 02:17 AM   #41
Top41

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
I feel like Top41 and I have discussed this to death on Facebook () but to add to what she said:
Haha, we have!

Michelle Borth's addition to the main cast last season didn't make any sense. This season, the writers seemed to be incrementally bringing Catherine into the Five-0 team like they were hedging their bets just in case Grace Park decided to turn her maternity leave into a permanent exit from the show. But by the time they'd integrated Catherine into the team, Kono was back from her quest to find Adam, and it was clear that Grace Park was staying, and suddenly Cath/Michelle is the fifth wheel. So in the end, this news is totally unsurprising.
Yeah, I just wonder whether they're going to kill her off or have her leave for some other reason.
Old April 16 2014, 12:54 AM   #42
Top41

Did anyone catch Friday's episode? Easily my favorite of the season. Definitely a great episode for Steve and Danno. I love that Steve had a grenade with him! And Danny's reaction to it was priceless. Also super sweet that they said "I love you" to each other.