IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old September 26 2013, 08:20 PM   #46
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: What Are You Wearing?

Emher wrote: View Post
Wow everyone else has way more interesting sex dreams than I do.
I could tell you stories.....

But I won't.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 09:59 PM   #47
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral

Can I swoon? I'm gonna swoon. *Swoons his ass off* Girl, you you can carry up a dress.
I'll allow it.

Xip wrote: View Post
I have like all different styles that I like, and their all represented in my wardrobe too. So I have anything from random shirts with longsleeves and jeans to classy dresses and high heels. (I'm kind of short so I just love wearing high heels.)
I have a pretty eclectic fashion sense as well. I'm limited somewhat as to styles I can pull off because of my body type: I'm short, and I have a tiny waist, but I have a big butt and big arms and legs (combination of being super muscular and a little chubby). It makes finding clothes that fit and flatter a little tough...but then again, I suppose that's true for every woman.
I started wearing nail polish so I wouldn't bite my nails anymore and it worked! So I take a lot of time now picking my nail polish to match my outfits too. I also like to try fun nail art designs. this is the one I'm currently wearing:

Fabulous! I love it!
I like that outfit, it's fun and flattering! The bob suits you very nicely too
Thank you! And do post a picture of one of yours!
scotpens wrote: View Post
I'm wearing tan shoes with pink shoelaces
A polka dot vest and man, oh, man
Tan shoes with pink shoelaces
And a big Panama with a purple hatband.
If done right this could work.

Seriously, tan shoes with pink (or another bright color) laces would be a subtle and classy way to add a bit of color and pizzaz to any man's wardrobe.
lurok wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post

So if this is rambly. I'm kinda high.
I'll have what you're having.
It was seriously just an Ambien. That shit will fuck you up (pleasantly).

So, today's outfit...again the photo quality is shit, I don' t know how people get good pictures out of their iPhones, but anyway...

My favorite skirt, which I bought two years ago for $8.50 at a thrift shop. Definitely a handmade item, and I love it. Along with a teal green top, the same black leather belt I had on yesterday, and a turquoise beret my sister knitted for me a couple of Christmases ago:

Black tights, and my favorite black leather platform sandals. You can't see them in the picture, but they're these no-nonsense bitches:

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 10:18 PM   #48
Professor McGonagall
Rear Admiral

KimM wrote: View Post
Tora Ziyal wrote: View Post
^

Heading out the door in jeans, a black elliptical t-shirt, black tie shoes with 2.5 inch heels and black socks, black Coach bag. Multi-colored beaded earrings (black, blue, pink, red, green...). And the diamond/platinum ring that I wear almost all the time.

I realized that none of my Doctor-worthy clothes fit me, so I'll have to be content with aiming for Companion-worthy.
What is an elliptical t-shirt? Otherwise you sound quite spiffy!

Companion-Worthy sounds quite good to me!
Thank you. I felt spiffy. And am about to get more so to go out to dinner with a friend. Replacing the colorful earrings with simple silver ones so I can wear a hat that's gray and blue and has a gorgeous ostrich feather on it.

An elliptical shirt or skirt is longer in the back than the front, so when you look at it from the side, the hem is at a slight (or not so slight!) angle.
Professor McGonagall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 10:25 PM   #49
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

^My niece calls that a "mullet skirt."

Today, I'm wearing my brown w/turquoise print t-shirt and my jeans.
antichristhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 10:30 PM   #50
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Can I swoon? I'm gonna swoon. *Swoons his ass off* Girl, you you can carry up a dress.
I'll allow it.

Good, I don't think I could've taken it otherwise!

And I love that top and beret.

Last edited by Emher; September 27 2013 at 07:34 AM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 10:56 PM   #51
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral

^

Heading out the door in jeans, a black elliptical t-shirt, black tie shoes with 2.5 inch heels and black socks, black Coach bag. Multi-colored beaded earrings (black, blue, pink, red, green...). And the diamond/platinum ring that I wear almost all the time.

I realized that none of my Doctor-worthy clothes fit me, so I'll have to be content with aiming for Companion-worthy.

Thank you. I felt spiffy. And am about to get more so to go out to dinner with a friend. Replacing the colorful earrings with simple silver ones so I can wear a hat that's gray and blue and has a gorgeous ostrich feather on it.

An elliptical shirt or skirt is longer in the back than the front, so when you look at it from the side, the hem is at a slight (or not so slight!) angle.
I never knew that was the name for it. I am not particularly fond of the extreme form of this that has been on trend for awhile now -- as auntiehill's niece so rightly points out, they look like mullets -- but I do like the more subtle version. It also helps with a problem any bubble-butt-endowed gal will understand: that is, when you don't tailor a skirt with a regular hemline the opposite occurs, and the hem hangs lower in the front than in the back because your booty is more than it can handle.

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 11:21 PM   #52
mari
Captain

I never knew that was the name for it. I am not particularly fond of the extreme form of this that has been on trend for awhile now -- as auntiehill's niece so rightly points out, they look like mullets -- but I do like the more subtle version. It also helps with a problem any bubble-butt-endowed gal will understand: that is, when you don't tailor a skirt with a regular hemline the opposite occurs, and the hem hangs lower in the front than in the back because your booty is more than it can handle.
I hear that. My favorite summer dresses are all a bit longer in back, so I don't feel exposed all the time. Awesomeness.

Currently I am wearing my super-expensive splurge jeans, which are the only ones that fit right now, a multicolored t-shirt, and some warm socks because my feet are always cold. Also my wedding band and engagement ring, which are the only jewelry I ever wear.
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 12:52 AM   #53
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Xip wrote: View Post
(I'm kind of short so I just love wearing high heels.)
my favorite black leather platform sandals. You can't see them in the picture, but they're these no-nonsense bitches:

Those are awesome. And by "awesome", I mean they inspire fear and awe in the heart of your enemies.

I'm tall as a hobbit, but as a man my choice of, ehm, height improvements is somehow limited. I have a bit of heel on my motorcycle boots, but platforms are out of question, and I wouldn't wear lifts to save my life. So I guess I just have to laugh off my conspicuous shortness and simply be my awesome self.

Anyhow. Today I tried a new smart-sporty combination: beige jacket (new!), khaki shirt, dark blue jeans, dark blue tie, and khaki sneakers. I was not sure dark blue would work well with beige, but I think it totally did. I also showed off my last acquisition, a nice trilby hat (not pictured).

Apologies for the crappy selfie, but as tsq said, I seem to be unable to take good pictures of myself.

Old September 27 2013, 01:32 AM   #54
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Holy shit. You do look like Alan Rickman!
Old September 27 2013, 03:00 AM   #55
Professor McGonagall
Rear Admiral

^ But I'll bet he doesn't sound like Alan Rickman.

auntiehill wrote: View Post
^My niece calls that a "mullet skirt."
Good term for the more extreme ones! Mine are subtle.
Professor McGonagall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 03:13 AM   #56
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

Work clothes
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 05:16 AM   #57
Great Pumpkin
Pumpkin God

Location: In the pumpkin patch to surprise Linus and Captain Ice

Home for the night, so currently sitting around in a pair of shorts.

RIP Dad Apr 22, 1942 - Dec 2, 2011

Great Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 08:49 AM   #58
lurok
Commodore

Black jeans. Black zip-neck polo. DMs. JLC Memovox.
Old September 27 2013, 03:40 PM   #59
ZUUL-iet
Gate Keeper

Send a message via Yahoo to ZUUL-iet

This week, I 'ave been mostly wearing a white long-sleeved top, dark green jogging trousers, slippers, and of course the bag.

Not the epitome of style, but I get by.

There is no Zion Ravescene, only Zulu Romeo...
ZUUL-iet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 05:32 PM   #60
Masquerade
Rear Admiral

Liquid cotton t. Jeans. Black trainers. Seeing how casual I can dress at work in an infantile passive aggressive display.