Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old September 25 2013, 08:06 PM   #1
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

What Are You Wearing?

We used to keep this thread up a good while back, and I miss it. I haven't seen Holdfast around in ages (and I miss him too! Maybe his Fashion Sense will start tingling and we'll lure him back) but perhaps there are some closet sartorialists of whom I remain unawares who will be enough to keep this baby going. If not there's always the people who want to up their post counts and those who just like documenting everything. So, after you're done posting about your latest latte, last night's steak and pudding, and the single word that best sums up your mood, take a moment to tell us what sort of creative arrangement of garments you're sporting! Pictures encouraged!

As for me, today I've got on a fab leopard print swing dress (full skirt), with a black leather belt, black and tan low-healed wingtips, and a cream colored cardigan with black, gold, and yellow drawings of lighthouses and sailboats that I bought at a thrift store for $2. One pearl ring and one pink crystal ring. Pink nails.

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Re: What Are You Wearing?

I'm sitting at my computer at home wearing shorts, a yellow t-shirt and socks.
Old September 25 2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Black slacks, a plaid button up shirt, scuffed brown dressy looking Merrells. No jewelry. This is what I wear pretty much every day I go to work. Some days its a light sweater (purple, brown, or gray) or a slightly different patterned plaid shirt. I dress because others expect me to look somewhat professional. If it was my choice I would wear pajamas everywhere. As soon as I get home from work I throw on the PJs. I'm all about comfort, and severely lacking in style!
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 08:14 PM   #4
KimMH
Rear Admiral

I am wearing white after Labor Day.

With a lovely wool cardigan and black skinny jeans and killer black equestrian-style boots. I decided to start never leaving the house in an outfit I wouldn't wish to be kidnapped by the next doctor and travel time and space in the Tardis. Really.
Old September 25 2013, 08:15 PM   #5
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

KimM wrote: View Post
I am wearing white after Labor Day.

With a lovely wool cardigan and black skinny jeans and killer black equestrian-style boots. I decided to start never leaving the house in an outfit I wouldn't wish to be kidnapped by the next doctor and travel time and space in the Tardis. Really.
Wise words, KimM. Wise words.

Old September 25 2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

KimM wrote: View Post
I decided to start never leaving the house in an outfit I wouldn't wish to be kidnapped by the next doctor and travel time and space in the Tardis. Really.
Best everyday-fashion guideline ever!

Much to my embarrassment, I never got dressed today (yes, I'm very tired). Wearing a flowered nightgown, a bathrobe that looks more like a long, cream-colored sweater, and socks. At least the socks match the colors of the nightgown.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 08:36 PM   #7
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

^Nothing to be ashamed of. The moment I get home the jammies go on.

Old September 25 2013, 08:55 PM   #8
Xip
Lieutenant Commander

Actually, I was thinking about how we didn't have a thread like this the other day. I won't say I love fashion, but I like it. Jup.

Now I'm wearing my comfy cloths for when I'm at home: Grey sweatpants, black tanktop and a Disney's Tiger hoodie. Earlier today I was wearing blue jeans with a blue long sleeve that falls over one shoulder, underneath I wore the black tanktop and over it I had a taupe jacked. I wore real nice (and comfy!) vans in orange and beige.

Jewelry: The usual really. My watch, two rings and a necklace.

Hair/make up: I'm wearing a high ponytail and I painted my nails bright blue with grey and silver dots. (Essie, Avenue Maintain, Maximillian Strasse Her and Beyond Cozy if you must know the colors. ) I think I have a picture of the nails somewhere...
Xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 09:32 PM   #9
RoJoHen
Awesome

Right now? Boxer briefs.
Old September 25 2013, 10:08 PM   #10
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

My nightshirt. I have the day off, I'm not leaving the house, so I saw no reason to waste an outfit on schlepping myself about the house.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 10:16 PM   #11
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

Nothing.

Look away.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Use of Time
Commodore

Boxers and a t-shirt. I don't like to wear pants when I get home from work. This has caused a problem in the past when I had the front door open with only the storm door for protection. I can't describe the panic that sets in when you hear the door bell and you know that you have to pass the storm door to grab some shorts/pants. I prefer to sprint at a speed where the person doesn't get a chance to focus on my lack of clothing while yelling "just a second!" It's hit or miss. I like to live life on the edge.
Old September 25 2013, 10:57 PM   #13
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Well, about to go to bed so just dull grey boxers I'm afraid. Not even my fun sort of tropical leaf ones.
Old September 25 2013, 11:13 PM   #14
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Khaki shorts and a green button-up. My standard summer fare.
Old September 25 2013, 11:45 PM   #15
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Xip wrote: View Post
Actually, I was thinking about how we didn't have a thread like this the other day. I won't say I love fashion, but I like it. Jup.

Now I'm wearing my comfy cloths for when I'm at home: Grey sweatpants, black tanktop and a Disney's Tiger hoodie. Earlier today I was wearing blue jeans with a blue long sleeve that falls over one shoulder, underneath I wore the black tanktop and over it I had a taupe jacked. I wore real nice (and comfy!) vans in orange and beige.
I love mixing a classy and toned-down color palette (taupe and blue) with a pop of funky color (orange in the Vans)! Would love to see the outfit.
Jewelry: The usual really. My watch, two rings and a necklace.

Hair/make up: I'm wearing a high ponytail and I painted my nails bright blue with grey and silver dots. (Essie, Avenue Maintain, Maximillian Strasse Her and Beyond Cozy if you must know the colors. ) I think I have a picture of the nails somewhere...
I didn't think to mention my hair, but then I never really style it. It's a classic bob, cut so I don't have to do anything to it. On rare occasion I pin it up, but usually it's the same. Autumn is the beginning of hat season, though, so looking forward to that! Anyway, here is today's outfit, with and without cardigan. I'm afraid I am incapable of taking a non-blurry selfie: