New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 18 2014, 06:53 PM   #91
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: Person of Interest Season 3

I think my favourite bit of the episode was when Finch mentioned Grace at the end. Glad the team is back together, although it was nice to get something a little different this week.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 07:10 PM   #92
Locutus of Bored
Easy Raptor

Caretaker wrote: View Post
One of my oldest friends wrote an article about the show and current real life events for The New Yorker website.
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I think my favourite bit of the episode was when Finch mentioned Grace at the end. Glad the team is back together, although it was nice to get something a little different this week.
I loved that final scene in Italy. It felt a bit like a continuation of Alfred seeing Bruce Wayne in the cafe at the end of TDKR, which may have been intentional given the producer.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 10:22 PM   #93
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I loved that final scene in Italy. It felt a bit like a continuation of Alfred seeing Bruce Wayne in the cafe at the end of TDKR, which may have been intentional given the producer.
I thought that scene felt familiar. Thanks for reminding me.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 06:27 AM   #94
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Good point, Locutus. I hadn't even thought of that.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 11:16 PM   #95
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

I'm happy that Root is now in the main title sequence. Can anyone remember what the Machine labeled her as? "Analog" something?
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 12:29 AM   #96
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

I think it has happened in the season 2 finale when the Machine rebooted itself and Root was the first to get Admin access for 24 hours. If you notice she also has a special Marker around her.. black with yellow edges which according to the PoI Wiki means she's labeled as being able to communicate directly with the Machine. According to the Wiki it's called an Analog Interface (the Machine could sure still learn something about proper human etiquette ).

Liked the plane episode because it was a little bit ridiculous.. at one point i thought if the plane carried the yearly Assassin's convention which all had the same goal Reese came back a little too quick but then again they need to move forward and extending his behaviour through the rest of the season would make it unnecessary hard.

I'm really curious to see where they will go with Samaritan.. can you imagine how frightening an AI war would be should they be able to turn Samaritan and make it evil?

Another point:
Why the garbled, robotic message type from the Machine? A machine that advanced could surely simulate human language.. if Apple can do it reasonably well with Siri the Machine should be able to imitate language patterns very easily. Not that it's bothering me but i'm just asking myself why.
FPAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 01:27 AM   #97
Let the Good Times Roll!!

I thought the plane episode was preposterous, but saved by the ending scene.

Control torturing Root, and the turnaround there, was pretty intense. Good stuff.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 02:11 AM   #98
Aragorn
Admiral

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
I'm happy that Root is now in the main title sequence. Can anyone remember what the Machine labeled her as? "Analog" something?
She's been in the opening sequence as "analog interface" since the beginning of the season. Maybe with Carter out of the sequence, you can see Root for an extra second.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2014, 01:45 PM   #99
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
She's been in the opening sequence as "analog interface" since the beginning of the season. Maybe with Carter out of the sequence, you can see Root for an extra second.
Really? I must not have been paying enough attention to the opening until the latest episode. Could've sworn it was shiny and new.

Thanks to FPAlpha and Aragorn for the answer to my question.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 01:02 AM   #100
LeadHead
Interstellar Man of Mystery

Yeah, Root has been in the opening titles this season, just earlier in them originally. I think more around the point where the narration says "violent crimes involving ordinary people"
Old February 26 2014, 08:27 PM   #101
Aragorn
Admiral

Anyone recognize the voice of this latest villain they've added to the rogues gallery?
Old February 26 2014, 09:49 PM   #102
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

No, I didn't.

I liked seeing Finch get in on the action (wish we would see more of him), and enjoyed the call-center plotline. Hubby the Computer Guy explained the key-fob thing to me; I thought that was pretty cool.

I like seeing the team up against someone more powerful. A hero is only as good as the villain he's up against, so having a more powerful foe makes the show more interesting.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2014, 09:57 AM   #103
Aragorn
Admiral

Holy crap!

Is there any other show on network TV that plots out so many moving pieces like this? And when they put those pieces together the payoff is awesome for the longtime viewers.

I can't believe there are actually people out there who want this show to be more like CSI and NCIS with the weekly procedural plot that is completely forgotten for next week's procedural plot.
Old March 5 2014, 10:46 AM   #104
Locutus of Bored
Easy Raptor

Yeah, it was amazing how they brought all the disparate pieces of backstory and hints together into one seamless episode like this. Really a fantastic payoff for fans who have stuck with the show these last three years.

It didn't even seem like they were just including the main cast in the story just for the sake of inclusion; they were all integral parts of the story and performing their normal pre-Finch duties, with no contrived shoehorning into the story necessary. And it makes it clear how Finch decided to build his final team; it was all based on this one botched mission.

And then to have Root show up and get the kid from Jurassic Park and The Pacific at the end was just the cherry on top.

Really a brilliant bit of dramatic chess from the writers over the span of three seasons. I love this show.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2014, 11:23 AM   #105
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

Superb.

It's episodes like these that are true gifts to the constant viewer.