Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 1 2014, 07:41 PM   #151
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: Person of Interest Season 3

auntiehill wrote: View Post
And would someone please refresh my memory? Where is Bear? I know there was a throwaway line about him a episode or two back, but I can't remember what it was.
Bear has his own Twitter account if you want to follow his adventures. You'll have to translate it from Dutch to English though.

https://twitter.com/BearDeHond
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 11:24 PM   #152
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Bob Morton wrote: View Post
I enjoyed seeing Samaritan's interface and timeline functions. I wonder what the deal is with the truckfull of servers? I thought Root was going to sabotage them somehow, and maybe that's still the plan, but perhaps she stole them to upgrade her own machine.

I liked how the episode was a stalemate except for Decima having more man power. Though I'm not sure about Virgil offing himself like that; on command.

Good stuff!
At first i thought she'd blow the servers up too but actually hijacking them to improve The Machine is a far better plan. I wonder if we will ever learn the location of The Machine this way (the servers need to be sent somewhere and installed/configured after all).

With Virgil i thought it'd be some remote kill system but how he died was more shocking because he took his life on his own. Shows how utterly scary or in control Decima is that its employees would rather kill themselves than betray the organization.

Now what will Decima do with Harold i wonder.. using his skills voluntarily seems out of question and just killing him is too easy and they could have done it already.

The season finale is not that far ahead.. i can't wait.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 07:12 PM   #153
Aeon
Commander

So Greer doesn't want to control Samaritan or the information flow, he just wants to live under a more just rule? Interesting. Perhaps this is his way to build a legacy of sorts - he's not getting any younger.

Who sent that text message for Brandt/Collier? The Machine? Greer? Finch? Ingram? Not sure about Finch or Ingram, although the flashbacks were set in 2010 so it could fit into the timeline. Greer could also be a good candidate since he clearly was expecting Vigilance to show up.
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 09:15 PM   #154
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

So, if the "trial" is being broadcast, Finch's identity will no longer be a secret. The whole country will see his face.

I wonder if the Machine will intervene?
Old May 7 2014, 10:42 PM   #155
Aragorn
Admiral

Aeon wrote: View Post
Who sent that text message for Brandt/Collier? The Machine? Greer? Finch? Ingram? Not sure about Finch or Ingram, although the flashbacks were set in 2010 so it could fit into the timeline. Greer could also be a good candidate since he clearly was expecting Vigilance to show up.
What if Ingram reached out to him because his brother was a number he couldn't save and when Collier finds out Ingram was killed by his own government, it takes Vigilance in a whole new direction?

Or we're going to find out that someone we already know is the real head of Vigilance.
Old May 8 2014, 09:22 AM   #156
Aeon
Commander

Yeah, in that case it all ties back to Nathan. It could be plausible.

Either way the list of the head of Vigilance is pretty short. At least if we have already seen or heard this person.

So, if the "trial" is being broadcast, Finch's identity will no longer be a secret. The whole country will see his face.
I'm thinking this finale could be a real game changer.
Old May 8 2014, 02:01 PM   #157
Yanks
Fleet Captain

I love how is seems that Vigilance is going to end up being the good guy here?

This trial should prove to be very interesting.

I've always liked "trial" episodes. Death Wish, The Drumhead etc...

What a great show.... my favorite on the tube right now.
Old May 8 2014, 08:38 PM   #158
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

I wonder if the Machine will intervene?
Is it just New York that does not have any power? otherwise not many people will be watching.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2014, 10:19 PM   #159
Aeon
Commander

Just New York.
Old May 9 2014, 12:10 AM   #160
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Can this show get any more awesome?
Old May 9 2014, 12:11 AM   #161
Aragorn
Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Can this show get any more awesome?
Just wait until Zoe returns with John's son... Kyle Reese.
Old May 9 2014, 12:22 AM   #162
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

I loved the reveal of Greer's true purpose for Samaritan; he's not an evil overlord, just a frightened little boy. He doesn't want to control it, he wants to be controlled by it. Very interesting. Both Greer and Collier are similar in that they are disillusioned with the current system but fundamentally opposed in what they want instead.

I noticed the picture of Collier and his gang that Control received in the hotel room was a picture of Collier and his gang walking up to said hotel moments later.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 08:11 PM   #163
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Aeon wrote: View Post
What if Ingram reached out to him because his brother was a number he couldn't save and when Collier finds out Ingram was killed by his own government, it takes Vigilance in a whole new direction?

Or we're going to find out that someone we already know is the real head of Vigilance.
If you want to get real twisty, Ingram could still be alive. He was shown bleeding from the head but his body was intact on the gurney when the Feds said "we'll find out if he talked to anyone" and his body was covered and wheeled out of the triage area.

Let's say he sent the message to Collier about his brother, the Feds find out he's about to blow Northern Light's cover and make him "disappear" while interrogating him for information about his secret partner, Collier eventually finds out where he is and mounts a rescue with the newly formed Vigilence, and Nathan then becomes their secret leader and financier. They've always been remarkably well-equipped and informed for a ragtag terrorist group, which might hint at a powerful benefactor behind the scenes with knowledge of the Machine and Finch's M.O. and a bottomless checkbook.

The Machine did classify him as a potential threat before he died.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 08:26 PM   #164
Aragorn
Admiral

Some people speculate Greer is behind Vigilance because of how nonchalant he was about getting taken, that he's using Vigilance as proof that the world needs Samaritan.
Old May 10 2014, 08:01 AM   #165
Timo47
Commander

Did anyone else notice that at a certain point the 'squares' appeared over Greer and Harold? You can see it in the first of four images at http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wi..._Interest_Wiki.

So the machine knew where the were but choose not to tell our team.

Does that mean there's a camera at that location? Was it put there intentionally by Greer? There's no way he could be that sloppy.

It could also mean that Vigilance has been getting their information from the machine. Maybe the machine will be using Vigilance to do the dirty work (=killing) that our team refused to do?

On the other hand, if the machine wants Greer and his associates dead, why did it send their numbers to John and Shaw?