TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 29 2014, 06:39 AM   #136
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses

Re: Person of Interest Season 3

He would have had at least a concussion and probably some broken ribs and internal damage from the impact. It would be recoverable, but he wouldn't be immediately up and walking around after that anywhere but in Hollywood.
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
The Festivus Awakens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2014, 06:52 PM   #137
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I thought that was a decent episode. Took me a while to realize that Ken Davies was Damar!

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2014, 11:30 PM   #138
Let the Good Times Roll!!

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I thought that was a decent episode. Took me a while to realize that Ken Davies was Damar!
I recognized him right away. That voice is unmistakable!

Pretty good episode except I did not like the whole Root sequence, especially toward the end. Following him around everywhere just have a talk and then let him walk away? WTF? That seemed like a total waste.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:02 PM   #139
Ometiklan
Commander

I thought this last episode was poor. The last few with Root and the two machines were great, but this episode dropped the ball hard.

Some issues:
- Shaw idiotically falls for the target's 180 degree about-face about doing something about the situation personally and the "you want a drink" ploy and doesn't notify Harold about her escape until Harold calls her?
- Triple layer security at the UN, but there are a bunch of black-clad Legionnaires holding a fight in a big lobby and no one comes to investigate? Our crew shoots people, breaks into offices, and walks out with no one reacting at all?
- Shaw fires two grenades through windows of the UN and the triple-layer security never bats an eye?
- The wrap-up at the bar, with the reversed deportation decision, occurs on the same night (according to Shaw’s dialog)? Fusco doesn’t have mountains of paper work he is still wading through? At least in earlier episodes where I had issues with them dropping important threads/ignoring major crime scenes, (for instance the guy that burned to death in the trunk of a car that John escaped from), they mention it later (as a crime scene the FBI investigated), but I don’t think they will ever be revisiting any of the major crimes that occurred here or the serious lapses in logic that are forgotten about.
- For all the good episodes where Harold and John are unsure about the target's good/evil status and do a proper investigation, there are episodes like this one where they jump to the obviously wrong conclusion and hold onto it too long (in this case, until the target revealed she was carrying paper, not a bomb).
- Conservation of characters and Casey Biggs’s presence telegraphed that he and the Greek diplomat were probably the real villains. Yeah, sometimes you can’t avoid this kind of thing, but normally POI handles this kind of situation more gracefully.
- The aforementioned confrontation with Root and Bear and John Greer seemed sloppy in terms of not being a real standoff, but I guess John G. was really serious about not wanting to negotiate at either end of a gun barrel, so this passes.
Ometiklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2014, 05:20 PM   #140
Aeon
Commander

Looks like Samaritan is now online.

Why exactly did Finch leave the others even though Reese didn't put a bullet in the senator's head? Then again, he propably knew that Decima would get the connections and he would be the first logical target, so I guess he wants to protect Reese and Shaw essentially from himself.
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 01:19 AM   #141
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Aeon wrote: View Post
Looks like Samaritan is now online.

Why exactly did Finch leave the others even though Reese didn't put a bullet in the senator's head? Then again, he propably knew that Decima would get the connections and he would be the first logical target, so I guess he wants to protect Reese and Shaw essentially from himself.
I saw it more as him rejecting the Machine (since it wanted them to kill -- possibly) rather than rejecting Shaw and Reese. The numbers being targets instead of victims or perpetrators seemed to greatly unsettle him. Maybe he's just dropping off the grid until he can reassess the new methodology of the Machine.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 06:09 AM   #142
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^That's exactly how I saw it. Finch knew he would be one of the first targets for Decima, so he had to make himself scarce.

I like that they stayed true to Finch's character and that he didn't
"This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both,and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased." -Dickens.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 07:50 PM   #143
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The music montage at the end was very well done. PoI does that better than anyone on tv now.
Old April 22 2014, 02:26 PM   #144
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Watched it last night. Should be interesting to see how they react to being the hunted next episode.

On a related note, I think I blew their cover yesterday.

Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2014, 05:03 PM   #145
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Who'd you prefer a visit from?

Shaw or Reese?
Old April 23 2014, 05:25 PM   #146
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Shaw, but only if the machine tells Root to join in...

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2014, 07:55 PM   #147
Aeon
Commander

"Should we consider turning on it's higher, more cognitive functions? This thing has a mind, why don't we use it?"

I can't wait for the last episodes.
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 11:30 AM   #148
Bob Morton
Lieutenant Commander

I enjoyed seeing Samaritan's interface and timeline functions. I wonder what the deal is with the truckfull of servers? I thought Root was going to sabotage them somehow, and maybe that's still the plan, but perhaps she stole them to upgrade her own machine.

I liked how the episode was a stalemate except for Decima having more man power. Though I'm not sure about Virgil offing himself like that; on command.

Good stuff!
Old May 1 2014, 12:13 PM   #149
Yanks
Fleet Captain

I really thought my interest in this show would wane with the loss of Carter.

But they've managed to keep me on the edge of my seat.
Old May 1 2014, 06:28 PM   #150
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I thought it was pretty clear that Root took the servers to bolster The Machine--perhaps help it to overpower Samaritan.

I was really, REALLY hoping that Grace's blindfold would slip when she stumbled or that Harold would say something to her. I'm hoping that somehow, when the show finally ends, that Grace and Harold get to be together in Italy. *sigh*

And would someone please refresh my memory? Where is Bear? I know there was a throwaway line about him a episode or two back, but I can't remember what it was.
"This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both,and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased." -Dickens.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote