Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 6 2013, 04:40 AM   #1411
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Indeed, also the best use yet of Fitzsimmons.
Old November 6 2013, 05:13 AM   #1412
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Terrific episode, the best one to date. A lot of strong character work, especially from FitzSimmons.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 05:19 AM   #1413
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
I was initially wondering if it would be Zzaxx. Well, my first thought was Electro, but then I remembered he's a Spider-Man villain (indeed, I used him in my Spidey novel, so I'd better remember that), so they couldn't use him.
I was thinking the same thing about Zzaxx.

It was cool seeing Titus Welliver pop up again as Agent Blake from the Item 47 one-shot.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 06:44 AM   #1414
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I thought it was a pretty good episode that was focused more on Fitzsimmons, their very close relationship, and their interaction with other team members, in particular, Agent Ward. I've always noticed that Fitz is attracted to Skye, but his relationship with Simmons hasn't always been very clear to me. It appears to be platonic. I mean, why would he flirt with Skye if he and Jemma were an item? Unless, of course, they're polyamorous.
Old November 6 2013, 07:00 AM   #1415
kirk55555
Commodore

Well, I'm conflicted about this episode. Its main plot was beyond predictable once the virus was mentioned. I knew immediately that one of them would get the virus, and get cured in the nick of time. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the two tech people. I don't find them annoying, like Skye and Ward, but they are basically just the plot required tech babblers. They think up the needed tech/science solution to the problems the group faces. This episode gave them character development, I guess, but it was nothing unexpected. She was willing to nobly sacrifice herself, and they may be attracted to each other. That wasn't anything I didn't expect.

On the other hand, the Coulson stuff was cool, and the episode wasn't focused on Skye/Ward, so it definately had some positives. I don't think it was the strongest episode by far, but it was better than The Asset, and it wasn't bad. It was just fairly predictable, and its character stuff was just fairly standard. The next episode looks like a fairly average story, but I'm hoping it isn't just another generic adventure.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 07:01 AM   #1416
sojourner
Admiral

It played out to me that Fitz was somewhat oblivious to Simmons until the moment of his "right beside me" speech to her. It appeared to open his eyes a bit to the possibility.
Old November 6 2013, 07:19 AM   #1417
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Wait. Simmons was the one talking to Fitz at the end. She sounded very sentimental.
Old November 6 2013, 07:25 AM   #1418
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

He still thinks that she is a man, but she's keeping him in her back pocket until he's properly formed.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 07:51 AM   #1419
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

I adore FitzSimmons so much.

Really good episode, loved all the character work. Everybody got something - absolutely everybody. Ward's willingness to play along with FitzSimmons jokes, May's being a sounding board for Coulsen and that tiniest little hint more about what happened to her, Coulsen's scene with the firefighter and his continuing struggle with what happened to him, Skye's real attachment to these people, and of course FitzSimmons got the focus.

Maybe it's just me, but does anybody think the episode title "FZZT" is also kind of a play on who gets the focus (well, half of the combined name, but you get my drift)?

Nice to see some reasonable followup from Avengers and get a sense of how Coulson's a bit rogueish these days unlike before. I'm off the LMD bandwagon now too, and if they focus instead on the aftereffects of what happened to him I'll be happy - thought there is still the lingering "He must never know" mystery.

sojourner wrote: View Post
It played out to me that Fitz was somewhat oblivious to Simmons until the moment of his "right beside me" speech to her. It appeared to open his eyes a bit to the possibility.
Agreed. Their connection has always been more than just professional or friendly, he's just never really been aware of it as such. They're Xander and Willow... but even closer.
Old November 6 2013, 08:17 AM   #1420
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Here's what I find absolutely unforgivable.

An episode about floating corpses, almost on top of that Thor Movie coming out where there's all sorts of floating stuff.

I thought a crossover was upon me.

Bastards!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 12:35 PM   #1421
FreezeC77
Commodore

I actually was thinking that Simmons was going to be "Doyled" and be a regular character killed off very early on in the series for an impact. The interaction between Fitz & Simmons is really cute, but ultimately both characters kind of fill the same role.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 01:13 PM   #1422
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

I get more a surrogate sibling relationship vibe from FitzSimmons that a romantic one.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
An episode about floating corpses, almost on top of that Thor Movie coming out where there's all sorts of floating stuff.

I thought a crossover was upon me.
Tune in two weeks from now, True Believer!
Old November 6 2013, 02:06 PM   #1423
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

I wonder if they will play with the thought that the virus and cure somehow changed Jemma, and that she may develop some electromagnetic ability? SHIELD would want to keep her under wraps, but Coulson would rather protect his little family.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 02:28 PM   #1424
Forbin
Admiral

This was the tipping-point episode - the first really excellent one that should, IF they keep up this quality, make the show worthwhile.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 03:28 PM   #1425
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
I actually was thinking that Simmons was going to be "Doyled" and be a regular character killed off very early on in the series for an impact. The interaction between Fitz & Simmons is really cute, but ultimately both characters kind of fill the same role.
Doyled, Yeah, I thought the same.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote