TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 24 2014, 02:32 PM   #5806
Duncan MacLeod
Fleet Captain

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Christopher wrote: View Post
I wonder if we'll ever meet the Koenigs' other brother John, who runs Fury's secret moonbase. I think he's been posted there since 1999.
Didn't he accidentally get himself blown up shortly after getting there? I know there was some kind of explosion.
Duncan MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2014, 02:37 PM   #5807
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I wonder if we'll ever meet the Koenigs' other brother John, who runs Fury's secret moonbase. I think he's been posted there since 1999.
I wonder another of his brothers, Walter, works for S.W.O.R.D. on some kind of trek through the stars for sentient worlds.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2014, 02:38 PM   #5808
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

You all remember when we had a moon. My, this is an old board.
Old May 24 2014, 09:45 PM   #5809
cylkoth
Commodore

Obviously HYDRA built the nuclear waste disposal sites...
Old May 25 2014, 12:53 AM   #5810
DWF
Vice Admiral

cylkoth wrote: View Post
Obviously HYDRA built the nuclear waste disposal sites...

Good one!!
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2014, 09:52 AM   #5811
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Don't forget the fifth brother, Friedrich Koenig. He's the one who prints the lanyards.
Old May 25 2014, 07:46 PM   #5812
Enterprise1701
Fleet Captain

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Uh, is Deathlok even using the Centipede implant now? I thought he was pure Cybertek now instead, with Garrett being the weirdo with both cybernetics and Centipede. Raina certainly seemed surprised that he had it with his cybernetics.
The larger wrist implant his uses grafted itself over it. It's still there, though it may be mostly redundant.
Plus in "The Bridge" the upgraded Centipede users had more Centipede implants on their forearms and upper backs. Then in "End of the Beginning" when Peterson debuted with his combined Deathlok/Centipede armor, he had a big orange Centipede thingy on his back. I'm not sure if it's aesthetic or actual since it poses a big target.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2014, 08:12 PM   #5813
Christopher
Writer

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Then in "End of the Beginning" when Peterson debuted with his combined Deathlok/Centipede armor, he had a big orange Centipede thingy on his back. I'm not sure if it's aesthetic or actual since it poses a big target.
In Doctor Who, the one weakness of the Sontarans is a vent in the back of the neck. The Doctor implied once that they were engineered this way so that they would always have to face their enemies in battle and never retreat.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 05:25 AM   #5814
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Saw the cast of SHIELD this Saturday at Comicpalooza; everyone from the main cast was there except for Fitz and Skye, who were "working" (didn't say where or on what). The actor who played Ward, Brett Dalton, talked about how he didn't know he was Hydra until one day before the script-read, and how he actually teared up about it, since he thought he'd be killed off before the season was over. Ming-Na talked about how the role was supposed to be a black woman, but they decided to cast her instead. The female agent was supposed to be named "Rice," but she pointed out that they would have to change that if they cast her---for obvious reasons.

Clark Gregg said Deathlok/Mike Peterson was his favorite character and that he hoped the Coulson/May relationship would continue to be expanded upon. Elizabeth Henstridge tried to very tactfully answer a teen girl's question about whether Simmons loved Fitz the way Fitz loved Simmons,and J. August Richards, "Mike," just laughed and said, "Oooh, poor Fitz. Sounds like he's in the Friend Zone!"

Stan Lee made a surprise appearance; he just popped in to congratulate everyone on the success of the show, and then asked when his next cameo appearance would be.

They all seemed very nice, especially Clark Gregg, and everyone had a very good time. They got a standing ovation from a very crowded auditorium.
"This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both,and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased." -Dickens.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 05:28 AM   #5815
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^ I like that Stan Lee even cameos in comic panels.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 05:43 AM   #5816
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Old May 27 2014, 09:41 AM   #5817
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Ming-Na talked about how the role was supposed to be a black woman, but they decided to cast her instead. The female agent was supposed to be named "Rice," but she pointed out that they would have to change that if they cast her---for obvious reasons.
Was her first name Condoleezza?

Elizabeth Henstridge tried to very tactfully answer a teen girl's question about whether Simmons loved Fitz the way Fitz loved Simmons,
She might not even know at this point.
Old May 27 2014, 12:58 PM   #5818
Christopher
Writer

Heck, Lee, Kirby, and other Marvel creators were writing themselves into their comics as far back as the '60s -- for instance, Lee and Kirby getting kicked out of Reed and Sue Richards's wedding (a scene homaged in Rise of the Silver Surfer). The running gag was that Marvel Comics actually existed within the Marvel Universe and published comics based on the real adventures of the superheroes (although with some differences from the ones we read, e.g. using a fake secret identity for Spider-Man because they didn't know who he really was).

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
Ming-Na talked about how the role was supposed to be a black woman, but they decided to cast her instead. The female agent was supposed to be named "Rice," but she pointed out that they would have to change that if they cast her---for obvious reasons.
Was her first name Condoleezza?
Althea, as I recall.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 03:06 PM   #5819
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Rewatching the series after it's completion is definitely more revealing. They put hints throughout it and it neat noticing them the second time around.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 10:12 PM   #5820
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Stan is the man.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote