Meaney In Talks For McGuinness Role
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Stewart And Son To Act Together

Quinto: If I Wasn’t An Actor…

Star Trek Beyond Update

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old May 14 2014, 04:01 PM   #5596
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

The season finale was awesome. It had some awesome moments, like Fury and Coulson just bantering at the raving Garrett, or Coulson just casually disintegrating Garrett as he's trying to make the cliche "villain isn't as dead as you thought" stuff. The stuff with Skye's Dad and Coulson's weird alien knowledge looks interesting. I'm really excited for season two, its going to be a long wait.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 06:00 PM   #5597
Marsden
Fleet Captain

I ablsolutely loved the "destroyer gun" and "I know what this does."

I noticed that Simmons kissed Fitz about 6 times but not on the kisser, he loves her and she thinks he is her little brother. This, plus brain damage can mean some strange changes for our little Fitzy next time around.

This was a great Finale. A real sense of closing up but leaves a lot of stuff to explore for next year. I can't wait for next season already.

I didn't know Fury worked for the Psi Cops.
Old May 14 2014, 06:06 PM   #5598
intrinsical
Commodore

So Garrett and Coulson both drew that mysterious diagram because both of them were injected with GH-325?
Old May 14 2014, 06:10 PM   #5599
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

intrinsical wrote: View Post
So Garrett and Coulson both drew that mysterious diagram because both of them were injected with GH-325?
Well, "hypergraphia" was listed as one of the possible side-effects in that classified video Coulson sent Fury . . ..
Old May 14 2014, 06:30 PM   #5600
Photoman15
Fleet Captain

Is Fury not wearing the eyepatch because of ownership issues? Or because he's incognito.

Plus after they say the super soldiers will revert to normal when the centipede stuff is removed and their eye-bombs removed, they show Fury's missing eye. Was he an experimental super soldier?
Old May 14 2014, 06:43 PM   #5601
Reverend
Rear Admiral

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Well it appears to be Kree writing, so the assumption that the "Guest" alien had some kind of information encoded right into it's DNA. How that can transpose itself into a human brain to be expressed via wall scribblings...well it's comic book logic. Plus crazy wall scribblings is an old trope for indicating deep or "divine" knowledge...and for being crazy...

So what are we thinking about the multiple Koenigs? Clones? Life model decoys? Or just boring normal human twins?

Oh and Calling it right now: Fitz is going to become Modok.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 06:52 PM   #5602
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Photoman15 wrote: View Post
Is Fury not wearing the eyepatch because of ownership issues? Or because he's incognito.
He burned it at the end of CA:TWS.
Old May 14 2014, 06:59 PM   #5603
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
The season finale was awesome.

I thought the whole season was awesome, and the finale was just the perfect capper. Clark Gregg didn't disappoint me in any single episode. I watched it for Coulson. I got Coulson. Job well done.

I think Skye's parents were Skrull sleeper agents. The dead Kree was originally sent to root them out.

Just my guess...

-Admiral James Greer
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 07:04 PM   #5604
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Another thing I liked was Cybertek being some generic crap cube farm. Probably a little schadenfreude on my part.

Marsden wrote: View Post
I noticed that Simmons kissed Fitz about 6 times but not on the kisser, he loves her and she thinks he is her little brother. This, plus brain damage can mean some strange changes for our little Fitzy next time around.
Fitz seemed quite cognizant of his situation.

Last edited by Mr. Adventure; May 14 2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Damned autocorrect
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 07:10 PM   #5605
Brolan
Commodore

The scene at the end with Garrett was funny but was anyone else a little disappointed we missed out on a cool super villain?
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 07:15 PM   #5606
dansigal
Captain

Marsden wrote: View Post
I ablsolutely loved the "destroyer gun" and "I know what this does."

This was a great Finale. A real sense of closing up but leaves a lot of stuff to explore for next year. I can't wait for next season already.

I didn't know Fury worked for the Psi Cops.
My complete guess is that we'll get a "brain damaged" version of Fitz, that is a Fitz who is smart but not a genuis, much to his chagrin. It'll probably last half a season or so, before they encounter some kind of drug or alien device that will allow him to be restored to his normal self.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 07:26 PM   #5607
Christopher
Writer

Photoman15 wrote: View Post
Plus after they say the super soldiers will revert to normal when the centipede stuff is removed and their eye-bombs removed, they show Fury's missing eye. Was he an experimental super soldier?
There's an MCU tie-in comic that shows him with the eyepatch during the Cold War, probably sometime in the '80s. Another tie-in comic has him say (in a situation where he's undercover, so it's not reliable) that he lost his eye in "the war." When asked which war, he said, "Take your pick."

Besides, SHIELD didn't know about the eye controller/bomb things until "Eye Spy." If Fury had had one, I kinda think they would've known.
Old May 14 2014, 07:49 PM   #5608
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Brolan wrote: View Post
The scene at the end with Garrett was funny but was anyone else a little disappointed we missed out on a cool super villain?
I'm more confused about how it came about at all. Just before that scene, didn't they pack him up in some kind of locked coffin thing and drag him out of the room with a host of agents? The casual way Coulson dispatched of him didn't seem to fit either, especially if Garrett had escaped and killed all the agents that were transporting him to get back there.

Felt like it was supposed to be some kind of simulator or something to let Coulson vent, but... turned out it wasn't.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 08:07 PM   #5609
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I suspect that scene was conceived and inserted after the fact. Probably would've been smoother by omitting the coffin scene, it plays like it was meant to replace it rather than follow it.

EDIT: watching it again, it's interesting that the coffin was there in that room. So maybe it could be rationalized the dead guys were actually Hydra agents who took him there to rebuild him. Maybe they died because Garrett is well, Garrett.

Last edited by Mr. Adventure; May 14 2014 at 08:29 PM.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 08:21 PM   #5610
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Most everybody's said my thoughts overall on this episode - truly excellent and I'm so excited for a season 2 now - but I wanted to specially note that FitzSimmons this episode... just... FitzSimmons this episode, damn. Those two knocked it out of the park for me.