Beam Me Up Scotty Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

UK Auction To Feature Spock Costume
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pine To Star In Wonder Woman
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Pegg Teases Elba Character
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old May 1 2014, 11:09 PM   #5236
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

By the way -- i REALLY like Triplett being a part of the team. he brings a positivity and energy that the team needs right now. It's a different kind of positivity that Skye brings

He's had a few scenes, but brings a light humor that balances out May's seriousness & Fitz' worry.

It'll be interesting if they parallel Garrett/Ward with Coulson/Triplett
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 11:53 PM   #5237
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Fitz is being a little bitch.

SHE'S NOT YOURS!

Simmons is fair game, so do something about it or shut the fuck up.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 11:59 PM   #5238
Tom Hendricks
King of the Wicker People

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

I believe that Ward will be found not to be a traitor/Hydra person after all. In fact I believe he is running an operation right now, one that started well before CA:TWS. I believe he was tasked by Fury himself to be a rogue agent, because something was up and Fury couldn't put his finger on it. Where I truly hit a snag is with Hand, is her death real? Even I find it hard to dispute what was shown, but I guess I'm going on a little faith.

I believe the real Hydra operative on the team is Simmons and that everything up to now has been a ruse to have her believe that Ward really went to Hydra. To many things don't add up for me. To make it believable they would have to keep Coulson in the dark, because if he believes it Simmons believes it.

While I will rightly admit this could be just how I want things to turn out and I will probably be totally wrong. This is my prediction based on what has been shown, what other information has been gleamed from other sources.

On a side note, has one show ever had a better turn around? The first several episodes were just downright boring. I was several weeks behind and frankly didn't care. In fact I was kind of writing the show off, about the abandon ship. However a few episodes before the CA:TWS came out, something happen and the show just blossomed. Then it took off like a rocket with the CA:TWS tie-in. It is truly don't miss TV now.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2014, 12:02 AM   #5239
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

What about killing Koenig? I don't think there's any chance that Ward is just undercover now.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2014, 12:07 AM   #5240
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Yeah, even Hand is more defensible than Koenig. Although, really, both deaths are unnecessary if he's undercover.
Old May 2 2014, 12:21 AM   #5241
bbjeg
Admiral

Besides Hand and Koenig, Ward killed several other agents and shot at Coulson (and Lola). He's way past redemption.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2014, 12:22 AM   #5242
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

And in the previous episode, it was clear that he was planning to (try to) off May, but let her go when he learned that she was leaving.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2014, 12:30 AM   #5243
Christopher
Writer

Ward also shot those two cops in the street, and who knows how many cops in the diner. He's killed far too many people for it to be remotely credible that he's secretly a good guy.
Old May 2 2014, 12:42 AM   #5244
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

He also helped Hydra raid the Fridge and went out of his way to alert Garrett to the hidden Gravitonium, which Garrett would have missed otherwise. Odd behavior for a double agent. "Here, let me make sure that this terrifying Weapon of Mass Destruction falls into the wrong hands, just to cement my cover."

But, yeah, the fact that he garroted lovable Patton Oswalt and stuck his lifeless body in the pantry is a deal-breaker all by itself.

"I'm so deep undercover that I slaughtered a quirky comic-relief character and left his body for my teammates to find."
Old May 2 2014, 01:36 AM   #5245
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^Plus, at this stage who would he be working undercover for? SHIELD is gone. Fury is officially dead. Maria Hill has gone to the private sector and it seems just about every other high level agent is either Hydra, dead or giving testimony in DC.

He is so far beyond redemption he can't even see it from where he is with a telescope.

Last edited by Reverend; May 2 2014 at 02:15 AM.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2014, 01:55 AM   #5246
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Ward also shot those two cops in the street, and who knows how many cops in the diner. He's killed far too many people for it to be remotely credible that he's secretly a good guy.
Agreed. Hell, I thought Hand + the two guys on the plane were more than enough. Line crossed forever.
Old May 2 2014, 02:26 AM   #5247
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
<rolls his eyes>

Whatever.
Right back atcha.
Old May 2 2014, 04:11 AM   #5248
sojourner
Admiral

The closest Ward can get to redemption is a self sacrifice action.
Old May 2 2014, 04:23 AM   #5249
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Masshyposis might work?

Stark once used a massive global brainwashing machine A.I.M. was going to use to take over the world to erase his public knowledge of his dual identity form the gestalt human conciousness and consensus.

Time travel would most certainly work.

Oh no.

This bad Ward dies, and then a good Ward from a parallel time line shows up to take his place.

I hate it when that happens.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2014, 04:44 AM   #5250
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
By the way -- i REALLY like Triplett being a part of the team. he brings a positivity and energy that the team needs right now. It's a different kind of positivity that Skye brings

He's had a few scenes, but brings a light humor that balances out May's seriousness & Fitz' worry.

It'll be interesting if they parallel Garrett/Ward with Coulson/Triplett
The real world issue I noticed on another entertainment board I am on is that while AoS has two Asians in the main cast there were no darker skinned toned people in a large cast. Trip being added would correct what is now seen as a deficiency TV producers are always being attacked for.

flavaflav wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
dansigal wrote: View Post
Well we only saw one half of that conversation; we're missing Fury's response. It's likely he was resigning from SHIELD, but Fury didn't accept his resignation and instead took his advice and shut down TAHITI.
I'd actually call that rather unlikely. Coulson's very loyal to SHIELD and believes in what it stands for. Fury and Coulson tried something with benevolent intentions, but it went horribly wrong and Coulson wanted it to be abandoned. That doesn't mean he'd lost faith in the entire organization.
You don't say you're resigning if you want to be taken off a project. You say... i want to be taken off the project. I don't think you got how messed up Coulson thinks the Tahiti project was. he was so disturbed by it that he would have nothing to do with it. And if SHIELD was adamant that project was a legit course of action, and insisted on continuing the program, Coulson was finished. An organization that would go down that path is not what Coulson signed up for. It's very Hyrda-ish. Obviously, Fury put Coulson's fears to rest and he didn't resign. Of course, Fury also bullshit him as we know.
If we are to believe the show then Agents Hand, Garrett, Coulson, Blake and Sitwell where the SHIELD equivalents to generals under Director Fury and Hill. And that high up resignations are the political statement you make if you really have a big objection,