RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 436
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 3 2014, 07:23 PM   #4111
Enterprise1701
Captain

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Wait, where again was the Bus coming from in the final minutes? Wasn't it coming from Thomas Nash's "secret" hideout in Pensacola, Florida and going to the Triskelion in D.C.? Cause it was nighttime when the Bus changed directions, but it was daytime in that ending preview scene where Fury was in D.C. in The Winter Soldier.

Last edited by Enterprise1701; April 3 2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Grammar.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 07:34 PM   #4112
3chordboy
Lieutenant Commander

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
One of those stun rounds would have hit Fitz in the face if the glass wasn't there. Hard enough to score the glass! That CAN'T be healthy.
Yeah, that was why I discounted the talk about it being non-lethal. But upon rewatching it, I could see that the gun had the blue markings. If I'd been showrunner and wanted the rounds really to be night-night rounds, I wouldn't make it do that to the glass, but whatev.
She says that it's "an icer"... the bullet impacts aren't bullet impacts, its the ice bullets shattering on the glass. watch it again kids

edit: see the episode "Seeds"
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 07:56 PM   #4113
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

3chordboy wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
One of those stun rounds would have hit Fitz in the face if the glass wasn't there. Hard enough to score the glass! That CAN'T be healthy.
Yeah, that was why I discounted the talk about it being non-lethal. But upon rewatching it, I could see that the gun had the blue markings. If I'd been showrunner and wanted the rounds really to be night-night rounds, I wouldn't make it do that to the glass, but whatev.
She says that it's "an icer"... the bullet impacts aren't bullet impacts, its the ice bullets shattering on the glass. watch it again kids

Actually, the ICEr is an upgraded night-night gun, introduced in the episode "Yes Men" (see the episode "Yes Men"). The ICE part is just an acronym. Maybe it is just the cartridge shattering on the glass, but that doesn't make it any less confusing.

But, "kids"? Really?

I just rewatched it. Right, she called it an "icer" and it had the blue markings on it.
Old April 3 2014, 09:44 PM   #4114
Reverend
Rear Admiral

3chordboy wrote: View Post

But, "kids"? Really?
Yeah, ixnay on the condescensionay there sunshine.

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
dansigal described what I meant perfectly so I have very little to add. I will say that I also try to avoid putting too much weight on television visuals because they don't have anywhere near the amount of time movies do to make sure things look as intended.
You're probably right. I just thought the placement of the impact shatters seemed quite deliberate.

Still, the logical problem on just what May thought was going to happen next had the glass not been in the way stands, but I suppose that's academic now.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 10:46 PM   #4115
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

Lord Anubis wrote: View Post
Also, the Bus may not be remote accessible for flight path alteration. May, Coulson, Skye and Fitz are in the cargo area of the plane when all of a sudden it turns and heads for Hand's location. The one conveniently absent is Ward who just executed Nash for really no good reason. Ward is a trained field agent, he wouldn't be that emotional. His immediate execution and really weak reasoning for why he did it makes it easy to suspect him of being a traitor...
If Ward is working for Hand and flying the ship back, why would she order to kill him?

Reverend wrote: View Post
It was a non-lethal weapon, but she fired with the intent of hitting him in the chest and head, not just a round in the centre of mass. For someone with her skill and training, that certainly looked like it was meant as a kill shot.

Have they ever said what two doses of that toxin will do? Presumably there's a limit to what a body can take.
Haven't we seen the agents shoot others in the head before? Plus, Fitz shot that guy on the train multiple times. I think he designed it (with comic book rules) to be non-lethal in any case.

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Wait, where again was the Bus coming from in the final minutes? Wasn't it coming from Thomas Nash's "secret" hideout in Pensacola, Florida and going to the Triskelion in D.C.? Cause it was nighttime when the Bus changed directions, but it was daytime in that ending preview scene where Fury was in D.C. in The Winter Soldier.
Maybe it was a flashback to while they were apprehending/killing the Clairvoyant. Also, they must have been taking Ward somewhere else (maybe the Sandbox).

Reverend wrote: View Post
Still, the logical problem on just what May thought was going to happen next had the glass not been in the way stands, but I suppose that's academic now.
Maybe May thinks Fitz is the bad guy. Her and Coulson are generally on the same wave length. While he was putting it all together, she may have been doing the same. She tries to report to Fury (considering she's on the good side) and Fitz cuts her connection? Her endgame would probably be interrogation. From her point of view, Fitz had no reason to fiddle with those wires in the first place.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 12:42 AM   #4116
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Very cool poster for next week's Agents of SHIELD episode by comicbook artist Mike Del Mundo

Apparently, each of the remaining episodes will have a poster done by a well-known Marvel artist, with this being the first. There's no word on who will provide the rest of them, but they're set to hit every Thursday until the season one finale. Pretty cool idea, eh?
Old April 4 2014, 12:48 AM   #4117
sojourner
Admiral

Cool! There's gonna be a giant rat in the next episode!
Old April 4 2014, 12:52 AM   #4118
Alidar Jarok

Well, at least metaphorically so.

More details

How long was this kind of initiative planned? Or did you always have a plan to introduce something like this in some way, even if it wasn’t necessarily through art?
At the beginning of the season, in the same way that the writers room figures out what the arc of the season is going to be, and you pitch ideas and you have dreams and hopes, the marketing and the publicity and the creative support team is also doing that, and they’re coming up with all kinds of different ideas. Some of them come to fruition and some of them don’t, but the idea to pull something like this off takes some planning and some time. And so the idea has been to do something like this for a very long time, and for me as a person — I was in art design before I became a writer, and I love comics and art — it’s been a great boon to what we do, having it memorialized this way. It’s funny, you’ll find TV writers who’ve got their name on a big multimillion dollar episode, and then they see someone else who wrote a comic with their name on it, and we all just want to write a comic. We all just want a comic we can own that has our name on it. Because the TV screen is so ephemeral, but to have a comic that you wrote, or to have a poster that commemorates an episode that you wrote, is pretty cool. So we’re all looking forward to that.
Old April 4 2014, 01:17 AM   #4119
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Wondering if Mr. Mandel will be designing one of those weekly promo posters?

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 01:51 AM   #4120
Christopher
Writer

^Is he a well-known Marvel artist?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 02:09 AM   #4121
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

No, but we've been seeing his work on all those screens since episode one. Figure he'd be good for at least one poster design.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
Old April 4 2014, 02:11 AM   #4122
Enterprise1701
Captain

I'm eager to see Skye's S.H.I.E.L.D. identification and find out what her surname is. I think of this show and Coulson, May, Ward, Fitz, and Simmons in my head but just "Skye" for Skye. It bothers me.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 02:12 AM   #4123
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

I don't think she's entirely sure of her own birthdate yet, right?

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
Old April 4 2014, 02:15 AM   #4124
Alidar Jarok

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
I'm eager to see Skye's S.H.I.E.L.D. identification and find out what her surname is. I think of this show and Coulson, May, Ward, Fitz, and Simmons in my head but just "Skye" for Skye. It bothers me.
It's possible that's a plot twist. I think it's been said that Skye isn't her real name.

Her badge doesn't have anything written on it, according to screencaps, though.
Old April 4 2014, 02:15 AM   #4125
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Skye Doe...?