Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 19 2014, 08:28 PM   #3781
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Coulson rules.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; March 19 2014 at 08:43 PM.
Turtletrekker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 08:49 PM   #3782
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Watching those old clips of Coulson reminded me of how much I liked the character then and how much I dislike him now.
Well.. he's been through a lot and he's feeling betrayed by the very organization he devoted his life to so there's bound to be some changes.

However i still see the core of his character that made him so popular amongst the fans. It's still that outside events force him to react a certain kind of way to protect his team and to get to the bottom of it all.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 08:57 PM   #3783
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There was funny talk a while back about Julia Louie-Drefus guesting on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But what if Clark was to Guest on Veep, as some one exactly like Coulson who doesn't say he isn't from S.H.I.E.L.D. and doesn't say that he isn't Coulson.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 09:00 PM   #3784
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Coulson rules.
^This.
bbjeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 09:33 PM   #3785
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
There was funny talk a while back about Julia Louie-Drefus guesting on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But what if Clark was to Guest on Veep, as some one exactly like Coulson who doesn't say he isn't from S.H.I.E.L.D. and doesn't say that he isn't Coulson.
He was basically a Coulson-type on West Wing.

To me he's a little like Boba Fett - nice in small doses but I don't know how good a Boba Fett-led series would be.
Old March 20 2014, 12:00 AM   #3786
JD
Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Nothing too bad. The biggest spoilers are all related to The Winter Soldier, what happened to him, etc. I sort of tuned out as a precaution there and I don't know the details of the comic to know if things are different. Otherwise, there's some discussion of who the characters are and what their themes are without being dramatic.

If you want to mute the five minutes of TWS discussion, it might be a good idea if you're extremely cautious.
They've never treated the Winter Soldier's identity as a secret. I was kind of surprised how open they've been about the whole thing. I was expecting them to treat it as a huge shock for people who haven't read the comic, but I don't think they've ever tried to hide it. Pretty much every cast list I've seen has listed him as xxxxxxx/The Winter Soldier instead of just The Winter Soldier, and most of the trailers and previews have shown him with his face uncovered.
Old March 20 2014, 12:37 AM   #3787
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Well, until now it was unstated. All it takes it to recognize the actor, but none of the dialog at least mentioned who he was. I think the idea was to make it the worst kept secret, but still technically a secret. The Assembling a Universe narrative is the first to say it in black and white.
Old March 20 2014, 12:57 AM   #3788
sojourner
Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
most of the trailers and previews have shown him with his face uncovered.
Not in any of the trailers/commercials I've seen. He's always had a scarf/bandanna covering the lower half.
Old March 20 2014, 01:06 AM   #3789
theenglish
Rear Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
^It really should be though, don't you think?

May is at least as tough as Ward (probably more) and if a male character like, say Loki had done to May what was done to Ward then there'd be no hesitation in calling it what it is.
But that's the double standard, not reality. May is as at least as tough as Ward and has had the same job for at least as long, so if she were portrayed consistently it wouldn't be such a big deal to her either. Ever read Friday? But, of course, politically, it couldn't be portrayed that way on TV.
Every woman who goes into military situations has to accept this as a possibility if she is captured. Playing the situation off as so light just because it is a male character showed a lack of taste, I thought.
theenglish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 01:22 AM   #3790
Alidar Jarok

sojourner wrote: View Post
most of the trailers and previews have shown him with his face uncovered.
Not in any of the trailers/commercials I've seen. He's always had a scarf/bandanna covering the lower half.
There are a couple that don't, but the long hair and black around his eyes still make it tricky to recognize him if you haven't seen the actor in awhile.
Old March 20 2014, 02:56 AM   #3791
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

And that screencap got me wondering again: could a Helicarrier safely land and relaunch a plane the size of the Bus?

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 02:59 AM   #3792
Alidar Jarok

Probably. It's just as big as a regular carrier and they don't need a runway to land anyway.
Old March 20 2014, 03:16 AM   #3793
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Nothing too bad. The biggest spoilers are all related to The Winter Soldier, what happened to him, etc. I sort of tuned out as a precaution there and I don't know the details of the comic to know if things are different. Otherwise, there's some discussion of who the characters are and what their themes are without being dramatic.

If you want to mute the five minutes of TWS discussion, it might be a good idea if you're extremely cautious.
They've never treated the Winter Soldier's identity as a secret. I was kind of surprised how open they've been about the whole thing. I was expecting them to treat it as a huge shock for people who haven't read the comic, but I don't think they've ever tried to hide it. Pretty much every cast list I've seen has listed him as xxxxxxx/The Winter Soldier instead of just The Winter Soldier, and most of the trailers and previews have shown him with his face uncovered.
I figure they are only holding secrets when they reach the Ironman 3 level. Everybody who really cares about the identity already knows and are in for the journey not the destination. Do those just going to the movie without Marvel knowledge really care?
Old March 20 2014, 03:42 AM   #3794
sojourner
Admiral

Probably. It's just as big as a regular carrier and they don't need a runway to land anyway.
But how much weight can it carry and still remain airborne?
Old March 20 2014, 03:55 AM   #3795
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
But how much weight can it carry and still remain airborne?
After seeing the carrier with massive battle damage remaining airborne in the Avengers I imagine as much as the plot calls for. A C-17 with an extra pair of engines should not matter. How they can get it down to the hanger deck however is another question.