MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 30 2013, 12:21 AM   #2356
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

The essay was written in 1971.

If you couldn't read, or walk or breathe in 1971, lets just remember that old people humour is weird.

Although, it only takes Clark 5 days to downgrade towards a "relatively" human powerset... Beach-house on the dark side of the moon, and don't go back to Earth till the baby is out.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2013, 01:58 AM   #2357
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

FWIW, the Niven premise is supported by the fact that in the comics of the era (ca. 1976) there was a story that is considered to imply the first time that Lois and Supes ever got it on in the Silver/Bronze Age continuity (the "Beef Bourguignon" incident)...and in that story, Supes is powerless and pursuing a relationship with Lois as Clark.
Old December 30 2013, 02:02 AM   #2358
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Luminus wrote: View Post
North Pole Myk wrote: View Post
Nah, he's a god not an alien. They have sex with mortals all the time, with little side effects.
How? He's strong enough to fight the Hulk, so he should break Jane in half with just a sneeze. He can't control his climax. He'll shoot a hole right through her like Hancock almost did to that groupie in his movie.

[
He is a God. His strength comes from magic. The mythological world is rampant with demigods who's mothers managed to have sex with gods and not die.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2013, 02:52 AM   #2359
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Meanwhile last week, Valkyrie passed out from exhilaration at the the peek of a sexual climax with our friend Flash Thompson.

It's so nice when our friends hook up.

Wait?

If he was wearing Venom at the time, which he almost certainly was, did that make it a threesome? And did Flash subconsciously order or literally order Venom to use himself as a condom... Venom is a girl? Venom has babies, so either the symbiote is a girl or asexual.

Also, if venom was an an equal parter in that sex, how else would Flash have had the Strength to "get'er done" then why wasn't Venom allowed to spray his DNA inside her just like the human was?

Then the next event dealio might very well be Planet of the Symbiotes II: Asgard.

Old December 30 2013, 02:57 AM   #2360
Christopher
Writer

He is a God. His strength comes from magic. The mythological world is rampant with demigods who's mothers managed to have sex with gods and not die.
One more time: That's the comics. It's not the case in the movie/TV universe that we're discussing. The MCU Thor is an alien, not a god. Odin explicitly said in The Dark World that Asgardians are not gods.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2013, 03:40 AM   #2361
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
One more time: That's the comics. It's not the case in the movie/TV universe that we're discussing. The MCU Thor is an alien, not a god. Odin explicitly said in The Dark World that Asgardians are not gods.
We're bouncing back and forth between the comics and the TV/Movie universes,discussing characters who have yet to appear in the MCU and sharing when we first met certain characters.

Any how, the point still remains. The "mythological" world is rampant with "demigods" who's mothers managed to have sex with [Aliens who have been mistaken for ] gods and not die.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Old December 30 2013, 03:48 AM   #2362
Christopher
Writer

Yes, of course it's true that gods have mated with mortals. But that doesn't answer the question about the movies' Thor, which is my point. It explains it in a different context, but if MCU Thor is, like Superman, a superstrong alien, then the issue of whether he and Jane could safely become intimate remains unresolved.

Old December 30 2013, 03:53 AM   #2363
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Yes, of course it's true that gods have mated with mortals. But that doesn't answer the question about the movies' Thor, which is my point. It explains it in a different context, but if MCU Thor is, like Superman, a superstrong alien, then the issue of whether he and Jane could safely become intimate remains unresolved.
Was it a question about the movies' Thor or Thor in general? It was part of a thread drift about several non movie characters.
Old December 30 2013, 04:02 AM   #2364
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Last time I checked Thor's mum was Geia.

The living soul of planet Earth.

That's a lot of non Asgardian magic in his dna.

(Regular Asgardians can only lift/press 35 tons.)

Has Jane tired to pick up the hammer?

She spent years with her soul merged with Sif.

A little worthiness had to have rubbed off while they were tangled up.

If Jane can pick up the hammer, then she's strong enough to take what Thor can deliver.

Old December 30 2013, 05:26 AM   #2365
Christopher
Writer

Was it a question about the movies' Thor or Thor in general? It was part of a thread drift about several non movie characters.
The point is, even if the discussion is about Thor in general, movie Thor is still part of the discussion, and it's a part that isn't in any way addressed by the "Thor is a god" line. So that's not a comprehensive enough answer because it only answers for one version of Thor, not all of them. It's incomplete.

Old December 30 2013, 05:30 AM   #2366
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The point is, even if the discussion is about Thor in general, movie Thor is still part of the discussion, and it's a part that isn't in any way addressed by the "Thor is a god" line. So that's not a comprehensive enough answer because it only answers for one version of Thor, not all of them. It's incomplete.
Being a God or even a "God" is answer enough.
Old December 30 2013, 05:34 AM   #2367
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Are the Eternals gods? Becuase if they are, then so is (squint) Apocalypse.

Old December 30 2013, 05:40 AM   #2368
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Are the Eternals gods? Becuase if they are, then so is (squint) Apocalypse.
They're faux gods. The results of aliens tinkering with human DNA. Dumb humans kept thinking they were gods and pissing off the real ones. Of course taking names like Thena and Makkarri didn't help.
Old December 30 2013, 05:49 AM   #2369
Christopher
Writer

Maybe for you, but not for me, and not for a lot of other people. And the rest of us are entitled to keep asking questions.

Which pretty much encapsulates the whole religion-vs.-science thing right there, doesn't it?

Old December 30 2013, 06:07 AM   #2370
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Maybe for you, but not for me, and not for a lot of other people. And the rest of us are entitled to keep asking questions.

Which pretty much encapsulates the whole religion-vs.-science thing right there, doesn't it?
Since we're talking about a fictional God or a fictional alien, I'm not so sure.

The question asked cannot really be answered by "us". Only those in charge of the fictional future of Thor will answer it, if they chose. At best we can speculate. My speculation is based on the "fact" that Gods/"Gods" and humans have had sex and produced off spring without the death of the human partner.