TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 20 2013, 08:07 PM   #91
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Re: The Voice (U.S.)

^What are you talking about? According to Carson, that was the best coach/team performance on the show EVER.

I'm not real excited about anyone this year. I'm a little surprised that Will and Ray have continued to survive. Though I do like Will as a person, he has the funniest facial expressions sometimes, like he's suddenly become aware that he's on TV.

Cee Lo is down to one team member, which had to be voted through by America. It's not looking good for him. I think that any of the other 3 coaches have a shot at someone on their team winning.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 09:09 PM   #92
Aragorn
Admiral

I think the two seasons a year isn't necessarily diluting the talent, but it does dilute what makes this show stand out.

But one thing this season has going for is that the final round of contestants -- outside of Matthew -- wasn't a given two months ago. You see Jacquie start strong and then tail off, Cole become a contender, Caroline's stock fall earlier than expected and James still selling well despite some mediocre performances.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 02:29 AM   #93
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

The only of those performances I thought was all around good was the Tessanne Chin/Caroline Pennell performance. They just had a really good chemistry. Otherwise it was, James Wolpert outsings everyone and Cole Vosbury outsings everyone.

I'm not a fan of his solo performances but James Wolpert is clearly a better singer than Will & Kat. Those five are clearly set apart as the stronger singers in this competition.
JirinPanthosa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 03:10 AM   #94
Aragorn
Admiral

So who's going home along with Caroline next week? Tessanne, Ray or Will?
Old November 21 2013, 03:19 AM   #95
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

I don't think Caroline is a for sure thing next week. At this point no one is totally safe and someone else's mistake may spare someone else who has been foundering the last few weeks.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 05:13 AM   #96
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

Will and Ray are the only ones left I think are just not good.
Old November 22 2013, 02:14 AM   #97
Danny99
Vice Admiral

James Wolpert needs to be the one to go. He's nothing special.
Old November 23 2013, 04:25 AM   #98
Aragorn
Admiral

Here's some random news -- the singer who will help mentor Shakira's team next season is... Miranda Lambert.
Old November 24 2013, 12:25 AM   #99
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Ooooh snap.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2013, 05:03 PM   #100
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

I saw the second half of the show yesterday, starting with Cole Vosbury. I think Cole's was the best performance of the competition so far. And Jacquie's was easily her best, she's actually turning into something I wouldn't mind to see win.

And all the performances are in the top 30 in iTunes, except Ray Bodreaux and...guess who. Matthew Scheuler! I agree that performance was just kind of weird, but usually the predictable frontrunner is set in stone at this point in the game. I think he'll be saved by the Twitter vote though and Ray Bodreaux and Caroline Pennell will go home.

And guess who's first in iTunes. Will Champlin? I agree that was his best performance but Cole's was so much better I expected him to get the iTunes bonus this week.
Old November 27 2013, 03:59 AM   #101
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I'm not surprised that Will Champlin is top this week. I thought his performance was the best of the night. It was really awesome. Of course, it was a great song choice, it would allow any singer to shine.
—T.S. Eliot
Old November 27 2013, 04:07 AM   #102
Aragorn
Admiral

You know, these Twitter instant saves only saves them for one more week and then they're gone anyway. It takes some of the surprise out of the next week. Whoever gets saved is getting less votes than everyone else who already moved on. Before this season, with the last singer saved you wouldn't know where they ranked in total votes.
Old November 27 2013, 05:45 PM   #103
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

This might be an exception though, because Matthew Scheuler is not unpopular, he just suffered from really terrible song choice. Hallelujah is easily the most popular performance of the competition, and it's just Christina is trying to make him into this weird dance-pop guy when it just doesn't fit for him or play to any of his strengths.

You thought Will Champlin's was best of the night? I thought it was a good performance but out of the five I saw I thought Cole was easily #1 and Jacquie easily #2.
Old November 28 2013, 04:02 AM   #104
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Cole is this year's Swan brothers for me; they are clearly popular and keep getting voted through, but I find them so unmemorable. I tune out of their performances because they just don't interest me. I'm not entirely sure why.

I wish they would call these "instant saves by America" what they really are: instant saves by the East Coast. Unless you want to spoil yourself by watching Twitter or happen to have a way to view an east coast feed of NBC, a huge portion of the country doesn't get to join in.
—T.S. Eliot
Old November 28 2013, 09:14 AM   #105
Aragorn
Admiral

Supposedly eastern and central time viewers are like 80% of the United States viewership. Plus if anyone really wants to vote, they can follow the live results online or with an East Coast feed if their cable provider offers it. Of course, that just means they'll tune out when it's airing their time.

I never thought The Swon Brothers would make it to the live rounds, but they kept surprising me with one live strong performance after another. I thought their Danny's Song might've been the best live performance ever on The Voice. Still knew they wouldn't win, but they really show how much picking the right song means on this show. Just look at all the songs Adam and CeeLo torpedo some of their singers with.