TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 8 2013, 09:25 AM   #61
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

Enjoyed the second episode more than the first. I don't think this storyline is too "big" for "Castle". The series is a mystery show. It is all about uncovering secrets and exposing lies and solving mysteries, at any level while revolving around the relationship between Rick and Kate. I thought these first two episodes did a great job of building upon that notion. I believe Lisa Edelstein is on board for a three episode arc?

Will be watching last night's episode sometime hopefully later this week.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 06:10 PM   #62
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post

Will be watching last night's episode sometime hopefully later this week.
Come back when you do.

Last night's episode, the third, was the best of the season but I didn't like the ending.
Old October 8 2013, 07:43 PM   #63
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Yes, the best episode of this season for now (not that it says much being 3 episodes in) but it felt like Castle again with the gang together.

As to the end.. well, breaking the rules might work in a local environment (as local as NYC can be) but with federal agencies it will get you fired because they don't know how awesome Becket is and how cute and how skilled etc.

It may have been justice but she still broke the rules which is kinda odd for Beckett to do but then last episode already made it clear that she can't "just do her job" and ignore possible ramifications.
Beckett is about justice above all and in NYC she always made sure that justice was served (or maybe she just got lucky and justice + letter of the law always coincided).

Well.. may not have been the way she wanted to end things but she was already on the trajectory out by herself. She can count herself lucky if the Feds don't push a charge on her for obstruction or something like that.

However Castle found the solution i had ages ago.. he is not tied anymore to NYC once Alexis went to college, he's got enough money to afford two high class appartments and he can work anywhere where there is a computer, typewriter or pen/paper. It was still a very nice gesture and i'm happy Beckett accepted it without much discussion. It was the perfect solution after all.
Old October 10 2013, 03:39 PM   #64
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I was happy to see Castle acting so maturely. Getting an apartment in DC was the obvious answer.

I was a little surprised that they had Beckett be fired. I was expecting her to go back to the NYPD her own accord. Of course it's possible she had a pretty good idea what was going to happen when she leaked that information and it was her way of quitting without actually quitting.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 10:35 AM   #65
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Great episode...and I agree too best episode of the season, although I didn't have a problem with the first two. I hope we will see Agent McCord again. An interesting way of starting off this season.

Old October 14 2013, 06:12 PM   #66
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

I really hate Pi (aka John Oates). I hope that they will be required to solve his murder very soon.
Old October 14 2013, 07:26 PM   #67
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

"Pi!!!!" *Says in Castle voice*. Yeah he can go any time now.

Old October 15 2013, 04:24 PM   #68
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

I liked last night's episode. It was creative, and fun and for once a politician wasn't evil. I'm hoping Detective Sullivan and Pi run off together, never to be seed again. My favorite line: "She dotted the I".
Old October 15 2013, 06:23 PM   #69
Christopher
Writer

And for once the biggest-name actor (Tom Amandes) wasn't the killer, and for once it wasn't the first person they interviewed.

No surprise they got Beckett her job back, but it just occurred to me that it might've been interesting if they hadn't -- if Beckett and Castle had opened their own private detective agency. Although this show is too comfortable in its formula for that to have been a realistic prospect.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 06:28 PM   #70
SAndrews10
Captain

Now I don't know for a fact but wasn't the killer on Bones last night the same killer on Castle? If so that's awesome!
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 11:22 PM   #71
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Kirby wrote: View Post
I really hate Pi (aka John Oates). I hope that they will be required to solve his murder very soon.
I am waiting for the episode where Beckett walks in and sees Castle standing over Pi's body.

"Of course I did it. Have you met him?"
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 12:43 AM   #72
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Id say the worst part of the entire DC arch is the Senator never made an appearance, and its very contrived that Andy got her job back. but its all fun.
Old October 16 2013, 02:43 AM   #73
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Christopher wrote: View Post
No surprise they got Beckett her job back, but it just occurred to me that it might've been interesting if they hadn't -- if Beckett and Castle had opened their own private detective agency. Although this show is too comfortable in its formula for that to have been a realistic prospect.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. It's not even the first time I thought it (the other time being the hiatus between seasons last year, when Beckett was suspended). But yeah, they're too comfortable in their formula and invested in the other characters to go for a change like that.

I was sort of disappointed in the preview for next week, though. After four really strong episodes, it looks like we're back to the "Castle signs onto every far-fetched and dopey theory just to get a rise out of Beckett" thing that plagued last season.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 08:50 AM   #74
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm not convinced that we're entirely done with DC. Have a feeling we will return to it later on in the season. Beckett and Castle forming their own agency would be an interesting idea, but no way would they totally abandon Espo or Ryan to do that, and I don't see either of them leaving the force either in order to do that.

Enjoyed Monday's episode. Captain Gates has mellowed a bit I've noticed, while still being "stern". Sully isn't that annoying, at least not as annoying as Pi is and obviously meant to be. The band looks back together again as well.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; October 16 2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old October 16 2013, 11:53 AM   #75
Scout101
Admiral

Might work better for me if "sully" didn't have such a horribly fake Boston accent. If you're going to be a Sully, shouldn't have to stretch it. I'm over him, he can go now...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote