RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,458
Members: 25,788
Currently online: 552
Newest member: FADM. Parinton

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 24 2014, 03:43 AM   #301
Forbin
Admiral

Re: Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

I really didn't get a good look either, I'm just guessing.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 06:13 PM   #302
cardinal biggles
O HAI

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

I wasn't paying close enough attention to try and identify a particular make and model, but it definitely looked like a top-loader.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 12:27 PM   #303
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Like others have said, I found it fun but ludicrous. Lanie looked pretty good as Foxy Cleopatra.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Also, why was Jon Polito's character dancing around with the cops at the end of the episode instead of, ohh, under arrest for the attempted murder of the club owner, or at least the assault on his bodyguard?
Yeah, he bashed that guy pretty good. Maybe he was out on bail??

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2014, 01:36 AM   #304
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

I didn't finish this episode. I love their funnier episodes, but those are generally very character driven, this... this is was like a plot out of a Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson comedy.

It was just to stupid to continue watching.

This season has been a bit sketchy at times. Which is disappointing. Last season was a great shot in the arm for the show... but this year... meh.
Old April 26 2014, 05:08 AM   #305
Random_Spock
Commodore

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
I didn't finish this episode. I love their funnier episodes, but those are generally very character driven, this... this is was like a plot out of a Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson comedy.

It was just to stupid to continue watching.

This season has been a bit sketchy at times. Which is disappointing. Last season was a great shot in the arm for the show... but this year... meh.
Guess this year's episodes have been like Windows... one season is good, the next not so much . That sucks .
Old April 29 2014, 04:13 AM   #306
Random_Spock
Commodore

Sorry to double post...

Just saw most of tonight's episode... not too impressed by it either. Another middling one.

Hope next week's episode will be better plot wise. This one just seemed to be weak.
Old April 29 2014, 02:41 PM   #307
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Castle has been cruising along the whole season now, it is a long way from the atmosphere and fun of seasons 1-4.

As anyone can guess by my avatar i'm a huge Castle fan but at this point of the show i wouldn't get upset at cancellation or the show being tied up and finished.

Somehow there is no spark anymore, the main storyline hasn't been touched in ages and it's become a generic procedural of the week.

If a new viewer would tune in today i hardly expect them to become a fan of the show, with seasons 1-4 it would surprise me if they didn't.
Old April 29 2014, 03:44 PM   #308
Christopher
Writer

Nice to see Claudia Christian again, though she only got one scene. Also amusing to see Star-Crossed's Jesse Luken for the second time in one night (he was the guy who helped the victim break into the law office).
Old April 29 2014, 06:03 PM   #309
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

It was a fine episode. Better than last week's unwatchable. The story itself was rote... lets go ask this person some questions, and then ask the person that person tells us to talk to... blah blah, rinse repeat. Their structure was very very apparent in this one.

But, I did like the whole Ryan/Javi battle for best man. While not great, this is what I like about the show, the humor between the cast members... the banter... it's grounded and feels real in the context of the show. Unlike last week's stupidity.

But, yeah... not a great episode. I wouldn't mind if it ended this year. Has it been picked up?
Old April 29 2014, 07:37 PM   #310
Random_Spock
Commodore

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
It was a fine episode. Better than last week's unwatchable. The story itself was rote... lets go ask this person some questions, and then ask the person that person tells us to talk to... blah blah, rinse repeat. Their structure was very very apparent in this one.

But, I did like the whole Ryan/Javi battle for best man. While not great, this is what I like about the show, the humor between the cast members... the banter... it's grounded and feels real in the context of the show. Unlike last week's stupidity.

But, yeah... not a great episode. I wouldn't mind if it ended this year. Has it been picked up?
Yea it was better than some. Will be rewatching it though to see it in its entirety. My dear local ABC channel decided to interrupt for a commercial during part of it . Yea that was funny, those two are cards. And the banter was top notch from them along with the humor.

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Castle has been cruising along the whole season now, it is a long way from the atmosphere and fun of seasons 1-4.

As anyone can guess by my avatar i'm a huge Castle fan but at this point of the show i wouldn't get upset at cancellation or the show being tied up and finished.

Somehow there is no spark anymore, the main storyline hasn't been touched in ages and it's become a generic procedural of the week.

If a new viewer would tune in today i hardly expect them to become a fan of the show, with seasons 1-4 it would surprise me if they didn't.
How do you view about there being no spark? Do you mean in the writing?
Old April 29 2014, 08:34 PM   #311
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Agreed. I'm really losing interest in this show, which is a shame since I loved it so much, but it's just not interesting anymore. They either need to get new writers with a fresh perspective, or pack it in.
I fell asleep during the first act, and I really have no interest in going back and watching it. Maybe over the weekend.
Old April 30 2014, 03:38 AM   #312
Forbin
Admiral

Well, at least Claudia Christian was alive for her guest shot, as opposed to Pat Tallman.

I sure wish they'd use Molly more.
Old April 30 2014, 01:35 PM   #313
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Random_Spock wrote: View Post

How do you view about there being no spark? Do you mean in the writing?
Both.. writing has become mediocre and i especially noticed it in the most recent episode.

They start the case, collect evidence and then like a conveyor belt people line up to provide new information (especially Javi and Ryan). Now it was like this since the beginning but for some reason it bothered me more than usual. I didn't even pay attention to the case at all and haven't watched parts of the case so i can't even tell you who all the involved people are, what their relation to the case was and why he got killed and i don't care at all.

Now every episode can't be a landmark episode such as the season 3 and season 4 finales, the 3XK episodes and some others but i believe the show got too comfortable and low key. Nothing surprises anymore and the show follows a (rather boring) formula:

Opening murder scene - Scene from the private life of Castle and Beckett - interruption because of the new case - case handling (maybe with 1-2 scenes of a more private nature) - case closure - private scene Castle/Beckett

It's become a stale formula and not very interesting in the long run. For me the "blame" is to be found with the writing, certainly not the actors who are as capable, funny and loveable as the always are.

I will stick with the show until its finale but it's a shadow of what it once was.
Old April 30 2014, 04:39 PM   #314
Forbin
Admiral

That outfit Becket was wearing - tan equestrian jacket with a man's shirt and tie - was hideous to the point of distraction. I don't think I even caught what was going on in the plot while she was wearing that, I just kept wondering why anyone would dress like that.
Old April 30 2014, 06:50 PM   #315
SAndrews10
Captain

FPAlpha I feel the same way about BONES and starting to feel that way about CASTLE too now.
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote