Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 5 2013, 06:47 PM   #136
Buck Bokai
Lieutenant

View Buck Bokai's Twitter Profile
Re: Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

I liked it, even if the killer was telegraphed. As soon as the police officer starts harassing Alexis and Castle in the restaurant, it seemed pretty clear that he was involved. Thought it was more police corruption than young kid gone wrong, though.
Buck Bokai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 12:14 PM   #137
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Lazy police work doesn't necessarily mean police corruption; the police chief, who was the real killer's dad, seemed genuinely shocked at his son's involvement and guilt.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 05:16 PM   #138
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

It's possible that the killer could've used his family knowledge of the police to steer them the wrong way or make them overlook stuff.

It was a fun one, and I agree it's nice to NOT have some crazy theory coming out of Castle this week. He's always been dead serious when it comes to his daughter's safety, almost to the point of murder; and when the chips are down, he'll tame himself to help her out. I do find it a bit odd that Alexis was suddenly implicated in some murder case and Castle DIDN'T make a big deal of it, even before they stopped talking. What is she taking at Columbia, anyway? I've looked a bit and can't find info on her major, though that was a major point of her college choices in earlier seasons.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6 2013, 06:51 PM   #139
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
It's possible that the killer could've used his family knowledge of the police to steer them the wrong way or make them overlook stuff.

It was a fun one, and I agree it's nice to NOT have some crazy theory coming out of Castle this week. He's always been dead serious when it comes to his daughter's safety, almost to the point of murder; and when the chips are down, he'll tame himself to help her out. I do find it a bit odd that Alexis was suddenly implicated in some murder case and Castle DIDN'T make a big deal of it, even before they stopped talking. What is she taking at Columbia, anyway? I've looked a bit and can't find info on her major, though that was a major point of her college choices in earlier seasons.

Mark
When she was working with Laney I thought she was considering medicine. But after the protest bombing that disappeared, so she may have given that up.

This whole thing with trying to prove a convicted killer innocent sounds like it may be pre-law, if its a school thing. It could be a volunteer group she got attached to through someone in school.

I still think Alexis will eventually be in the law enforcement business. She is a natural, much like Beckett.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 07:51 AM   #140
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Vendikarr wrote: View Post

I still think Alexis will eventually be in the law enforcement business. She is a natural, much like Beckett.
I don't see her as a cop though. I think she's more likely to be a lawyer type. She's a do-gooder but I don't think she can shoot people for a living. Plus, it would shave too closely to Nash Bridges for my liking if she became a cop.

The series will probably hang it up before she finishes college, though. So we will likely not see it.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 04:34 PM   #141
Christopher
Writer

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
The series will probably hang it up before she finishes college, though. So we will likely not see it.
But maybe in ten years we'll get a revival series about Alexis as a successful mystery writer who begins consulting with a male detective...

Then again, when I think "sequel series about a detective's family member," all that comes to mind is Mrs. Columbo, so maybe it's not such a great idea.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 05:37 PM   #142
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

The creator of Castle said he can see the show going on for 10-12 years, so that would be plenty of time to have Alexis graduate and Beckett have a few children.
Old November 10 2013, 12:16 PM   #143
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
The creator of Castle said he can see the show going on for 10-12 years, so that would be plenty of time to have Alexis graduate and Beckett have a few children.
In theory but even with the best writing team in the world it's near impossible to keep viewers with a show where the main focal point is the relationship between two characters. What storylines will you do after the wedding and the first kid(s)?

You are left with a couple who is very much in love and living their private and professional lives and personally i can't see that watching for 10 years. They need to introduce artificial drama and then you've crossed into soap territory and that is definitely something i don't want to see.

About the only show currently i see having the potential to go endlessly is Grey's Anatomy.. they regularly introduce new characters as Interns and some of the original cast is there to provide familiarity but the strange thing is that they found a really good balance between new people and the old guard. Of course once in a while they have absolutely ridiculous events and they often enough drift over to soap levels but that's part of the charm.

Even if all the original cast members fade out over time i'd probably still watch it (well, maybe not if all the original cast is gone).
Old November 13 2013, 03:44 PM   #144
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

No comments about this week's episode? I just watched it last night, and thought it was the weakest of the season so far. Nice to see David Blue is still exercising; I don't get that crazy outfit he was wearing though. I did like the shootout that Ryan and Esposito got into, that was well done.
Old November 13 2013, 03:59 PM   #145
Christopher
Writer

It was an okay episode, but I guessed right off the bat that the diamond was synthetic. I liked the bit where Beckett was amazed that Castle's elaborate theory was downright plausible.

The main point of interest for me was that the fixer was played by Anthony Ruivivar, the voice of Batman on the current (though currently on hiatus until January) Beware the Batman animted series.

As for the shootout, I was distracted by the presence of that NYC-style subway entry in a location that didn't resemble any part of NYC I've ever seen. This show just doesn't hold up well against all the shows that are actually filmed in NYC.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 07:46 PM   #146
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I also thought the diamond was man made ad pretty much the whole plot of the episode.

It was a filler episode of a cop show and it was watchable, so no complaints, but it was also completely forgettable.
Old November 14 2013, 12:29 AM   #147
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

Christopher wrote: View Post
As for the shootout, I was distracted by the presence of that NYC-style subway entry in a location that didn't resemble any part of NYC I've ever seen. This show just doesn't hold up well against all the shows that are actually filmed in NYC.
Agreed. I have a vague recollection that the first season of Castle was filmed in NYC and every season after was filmed in LA, but I may be wrong. The first season and the first handful of episodes in the second (hold-overs from the first season, IIRC) always seemed more authentically New York than subsequent episodes and seasons, at least by my perception.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2013, 04:40 AM   #148
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I looked it up. The pilot was filmed in NYC, then there was some extra footage and such for the next few episodes.

But according to this site only the first two episodes were filmed in NYC then the rest was LA.

http://castlefans.org/wiki/index.php...For_Your_Grave
Old November 14 2013, 11:18 PM   #149
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I looked it up. The pilot was filmed in NYC, then there was some extra footage and such for the next few episodes.

But according to this site only the first two episodes were filmed in NYC then the rest was LA.

http://castlefans.org/wiki/index.php...For_Your_Grave
Ah, thank you. The extra footage that was filmed must have caused me to arrive at the wrong conclusion.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 03:09 AM   #150
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I agree, it's been several months since I've seen season 1, but it does have a more NYC feel.

It makes me miss a real Law and Order. SVU is just law.