RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,943
Posts: 5,479,231
Members: 25,056
Currently online: 568
Newest member: JeremiahJT

TrekToday headlines

USS Enterprise Press-Out And Build Manual
By: T'Bonz on Nov 28

New QMx USS Reliant Model
By: T'Bonz on Nov 28

Star Trek Thirty-Five Years On 35MM: A Retrospective
By: T'Bonz on Nov 28

Trek Shirt And Hoodie
By: T'Bonz on Nov 27

A Klingon Christmas Carol’s Last Season
By: T'Bonz on Nov 27

Attack Wing Wave 10 Expansion Pack
By: T'Bonz on Nov 27

New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 21 2014, 02:21 AM   #1
moviegirl
Cadet
 
Location: Canada
Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

Hello,
I sell discounted movies, all kinds. I am into a lot of fantasy type movies and superhero stuff LOTR Thor Iron man and some sci-fi, but not an extremely big trekkie (sorry) I just sold a star trek blu ray movie two days ago, the one with the face of Kirk on the front and Spock on the back of the blu ray case. It came with a white slip cover that just says STAR TREK on the front. A customer of mine just sent me an email saying he wants to return it because he wanted the 2010 edition. And if I can't do that, he wants 50% off the 2009 blu ray. What is going on? :alien blush: Did they make two movies back to back in 2009 and 2010? Can someone tell me the difference between the blu ray 2009 star trek and the 2010 version? I can see the cover looks different :tommie: I've been surfing the net for some answer on this and still can't find an explanation between the difference. If this seems like a dumb question……sorry Please help???
moviegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 02:31 AM   #2
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

moviegirl wrote: View Post
Hello,
I sell discounted movies, all kinds. I am into a lot of fantasy type movies and superhero stuff LOTR Thor Iron man and some sci-fi, but not an extremely big trekkie (sorry) I just sold a star trek blu ray movie two days ago, the one with the face of Kirk on the front and Spock on the back of the blu ray case. It came with a white slip cover that just says STAR TREK on the front. A customer of mine just sent me an email saying he wants to return it because he wanted the 2010 edition. And if I can't do that, he wants 50% off the 2009 blu ray. What is going on? :alien blush: Did they make two movies back to back in 2009 and 2010? Can someone tell me the difference between the blu ray 2009 star trek and the 2010 version? I can see the cover looks different :tommie: I've been surfing the net for some answer on this and still can't find an explanation between the difference. If this seems like a dumb question……sorry Please help???

A. Technically this is in wrong section, this belongs in the Abrams movies forum.
B. There was a movie in 2009 and 2013. Nothing new was made in 2010.
C. In November 2009, the first JJ movie was released as a deluxe 3-disc Blu-ray edition and also a more basic DVD edition. In 2010 Paramount Home Video re-released a Blu-ray edition that is a stripped down movie-only release. The 2009 release includes more, there was an entire disc devoted to bonus features, so I don't know why he'd be complaining, it's the better edition to buy. The movie itself is exactly the same. Same audio, same video.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 03:43 AM   #3
moviegirl
Cadet
 
Location: Canada
Re: Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
moviegirl wrote: View Post
Hello,
I sell discounted movies, all kinds. I am into a lot of fantasy type movies and superhero stuff LOTR Thor Iron man and some sci-fi, but not an extremely big trekkie (sorry) I just sold a star trek blu ray movie two days ago, the one with the face of Kirk on the front and Spock on the back of the blu ray case. It came with a white slip cover that just says STAR TREK on the front. A customer of mine just sent me an email saying he wants to return it because he wanted the 2010 edition. And if I can't do that, he wants 50% off the 2009 blu ray. What is going on? :alien blush: Did they make two movies back to back in 2009 and 2010? Can someone tell me the difference between the blu ray 2009 star trek and the 2010 version? I can see the cover looks different :tommie: I've been surfing the net for some answer on this and still can't find an explanation between the difference. If this seems like a dumb question……sorry Please help???

A. Technically this is in wrong section, this belongs in the Abrams movies forum.
B. There was a movie in 2009 and 2013. Nothing new was made in 2010.
C. In November 2009, the first JJ movie was released as a deluxe 3-disc Blu-ray edition and also a more basic DVD edition. In 2010 Paramount Home Video re-released a Blu-ray edition that is a stripped down movie-only release. The 2009 release includes more, there was an entire disc devoted to bonus features, so I don't know why he'd be complaining, it's the better edition to buy. The movie itself is exactly the same. Same audio, same video.
HI,

Thanks for your quick response. Please send me the link for the Abrams movies forum, I searched the site and can't find it. Then I will post this in the right place! Again thanks so much!
moviegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 04:49 AM   #4
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

It's right below this one in the list of forums:

"Star Trek Movies XI+"
http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

But I already answered your question for ya, so no need to repost it.

To recap:

2009= deluxe 3-disc
2010= single-disc movie-only

The movie itself is the same. You can find them both listed on Amazon.

2010 re-release: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Blu-...mm_blu_title_0

2009: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Three-Dis...mm_blu_title_2
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 04:58 AM   #5
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

Moved next door to the Movies XI+ forum!
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 07:07 AM   #6
moviegirl
Cadet
 
Location: Canada
Re: Star Trek movie 2009 and 2010--what is the difference??

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
It's right below this one in the list of forums:

"Star Trek Movies XI+"
http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

But I already answered your question for ya, so no need to repost it.

To recap:

2009= deluxe 3-disc
2010= single-disc movie-only

The movie itself is the same. You can find them both listed on Amazon.

2010 re-release: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Blu-...mm_blu_title_0

2009: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Three-Dis...mm_blu_title_2
Hi,

Thanks again. Actually the 2009 did come in a single disc case as well, or the 3 disc deluxe case with digital copy, blu ray movie, and special features disc. My customer bought the single disc edition 2009 and not the 2010 single disc edition. I really think there is no difference between the single disc 2009 and 2010 single disc. The cover photo is different but not the contents of the single blu ray movie disc. But the customer is always right, so I will just refund him.
moviegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.