Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Jenny McCarthy
Thumbs Up 34 35.05%
Thumbs Down 45 46.39%
Thumbs Sideways 18 18.56%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 24 2013, 06:53 AM   #46
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: Jenny McCarthy: Babe of the Week #39 (Sept. 2013)

Australis wrote: View Post
Admiral2 wrote: View Post
Emher wrote: View Post
Don't care how "hot" she is. She is a stupid, dangerous woman.
And the essence of a babe of the week thread - contrary to what some would want or demand - is a measure of attractiveness, not intelligence. Her hotness should be your only criteria.
As I said, when stupidity pours forth, hotness drains away.
Exactly. I can not find her attractive knowing how a horrible person she is.

Not quite the same point, but at the gas station near my work a new girl started working this summer. To be frank, probably one of the ten most attractive women I've seen in real life. But such an unpleasant attitude all the time, that she's not that attractive to me.
Old September 24 2013, 07:05 AM   #47
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

And the essence of a babe of the week thread - contrary to what some would want or demand - is a measure of attractiveness, not intelligence. Her hotness should be your only criteria.

Most celebrities say and do stupid things. They're only dangerous if they're allowed to act on them on a large scale. She doesn't decide for you or your children about vaccination. You do. As long as you do what you want to, let her spew whatever bilge she likes.
Yes, we're discussing attractiveness which, for some, goes beyond a pair of tits and a winning smile. She is woefully ignorant, and actively pushes that ignorance into public view, and into the public domain where it is treated like a legitimate view of something of which she does not understand. As tsq mentioned in her post, the woman is causing actual harm with her full on media advocacy, and the programs in which she is involved.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 04:57 PM   #48
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

J., I can always trust you to sum these things up in great ways.
Old September 24 2013, 05:33 PM   #49
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post

Most celebrities say and do stupid things. They're only dangerous if they're allowed to act on them on a large scale. She doesn't decide for you or your children about vaccination. You do. As long as you do what you want to, let her spew whatever bilge she likes.
Yes, we're discussing attractiveness which, for some, goes beyond a pair of tits and a winning smile. She is woefully ignorant, and actively pushes that ignorance into public view, and into the public domain where it is treated like a legitimate view of something of which she does not understand. As tsq mentioned in her post, the woman is causing actual harm with her full on media advocacy, and the programs in which she is involved.
Exactly. There is so much else wrong with Admiral2's post that I didn't even know where to begin.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 07:24 PM   #50
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Her vaccine shit is completely ridiculous, but hey if I tried to judge on politics, activism, and perceived intelligence of the women in this thread my "Thumbs Down" rate would rapidly approach 100%.

And wait a second. Jenny McCarthy is on the View? I'm not sure if that's supposed to be embarrassing for her, or embarrassing for the show

Anyway, googled and this came up: http://tasteofcountry.com/luke-bryan...mccarthy-kiss/

Now I'm even more confused, but that's kind of adorable.

She's looking pretty good rocking those glasses, so I'll throw her an "Up"

In the mid-90s I don't think I ever heard a single person try to deny that Jenny McCarthy was anything but ridiculously hot. Maybe that was before the advent of anti-blonde hipsterism?
Old September 24 2013, 09:48 PM   #51
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Since physical attractiveness is the only standard I use in this thread she got a thumbs up. But her stupidity nearly won her my very first thumbs down.
Old September 24 2013, 10:02 PM   #52
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Nice clip. And the guy got more than just a polite lip press.

On a side note, Sherri Shepherd's outfit looks like a Starfleet uniform.

She's looking pretty good rocking those glasses, so I'll throw her an "Up"
Yeah. Saw a bit of her on The View for the first time today and how good she looked in those glasses was the first thing I noticed. Almost reminds me of Charlize Theron too.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 10:07 PM   #53
Data Holmes
Admiral

Indeed.
Old September 25 2013, 05:17 AM   #54
Rageforthemachine
Rear Admiral

As a subscriber to two skeptic magazines and someone who always professes to not be into generic busty blondes I know I am not supposed to like her, but....CHRIST ALMIGHTY IS SHE HOT!

Thumbs way up for being a weak man.
Rageforthemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 07:17 PM   #55
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Data Holmes wrote: View Post

Indeed.

What is with the panic attack?

She is NOT The President of the United States.

She is NOT a member of Congress.

She is NOT The Surgeon General of the United States.

She is NOT anybody with any realistic executive or legislative authority.

Jenny McArthy is a Playboy Bunny with a tepid television career that just landed a job on a hen-chat show that just carted its previous dumb blond off to Fox. Yes, her opinions on vaccination are stupid, but they are only dangerous to the children of anybody stupid enough to ACT on those opinions, and anybody that stupid should never have procreated in the first place.

I'm NOT that stupid, obviously none of you are that stupid, so our kids are safe, and therefore I see no problem with giving a thumbs up to someone who is demonstrably physically attractive but otherwise a whopping moron. Most high profile celebrities are whopping morons. It's a given.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 07:24 PM   #56
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

^Actually, you're wrong. They are dangerous to everybody, not just their unvaccinated kids. We rely on herd immunity for vaccines to work because: a)no vaccine is 100% effective, b)immunity can wear off, c)not all people can be vaccinated. Those most at risk are the immunocompromised and infants too young to receive vaccines, but antivaxers like McCarthy are a danger to everyone, and we're seeing the result of their idiocy in the the pertussis epidemic that swept California, for example.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 07:44 PM   #57
scotpens
Vice Admiral

Jenny McCarthy is a Playboy Bunny with a tepid television career that just landed a job on a hen-chat show that just carted its previous dumb blond off to Fox.
She's a former Playboy Playmate, not Bunny. The magazine's centerfold models are Playmates. The waitresses who work at the Playboy Clubs are Bunnies. Some women have been both.

Sorry, but it's just a bug up my ass.
Old September 25 2013, 11:03 PM   #58
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

J., I can always trust you to sum these things up in great ways.
Well, I do talk... a lot.

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Exactly. There is so much else wrong with Admiral2's post that I didn't even know where to begin.
There is nowhere to begin. It's an amalgam of assumption and dismissiveness.

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Indeed.

What is with the panic attack?

She is NOT The President of the United States.

She is NOT a member of Congress.

She is NOT The Surgeon General of the United States.

She is NOT anybody with any realistic executive or legislative authority.

Jenny McArthy is a Playboy Bunny with a tepid television career that just landed a job on a hen-chat show that just carted its previous dumb blond off to Fox. Yes, her opinions on vaccination are stupid, but they are only dangerous to the children of anybody stupid enough to ACT on those opinions, and anybody that stupid should never have procreated in the first place.

I'm NOT that stupid, obviously none of you are that stupid, so our kids are safe, and therefore I see no problem with giving a thumbs up to someone who is demonstrably physically attractive but otherwise a whopping moron. Most high profile celebrities are whopping morons. It's a given.
She has star power which, sad to say, is very influential in this country. It's a very dangerous mix when you get star power, even B-list star power, medical ignorance, and terrified parents together. Jenny's not just a low level celebrity, she's a mom who is fighting the medical establishment to save her child; do you not think for two seconds that such a mix can be influential? You better damned well believe it can.

Our kids aren't safe, you know why? Because as tsq stated, we rely on herd immunity to protect ourselves, and with the increasing number of parents not vaccinating their children, we're seeing a resurgence of the measles due to those anti-vaxx efforts, and she is the face of the anti-vaccination movement.

There are plenty of guys who are just thinking with their dicks on this one. Don't be one of them.
Old September 25 2013, 11:20 PM   #59
Yoda
Rear Admiral

There are plenty of guys who are just thinking with their dicks on this one. Don't be one of them.
Very inspirational, J. Surely with her resounding defeat here in her TrekBBS babe thread, Jenny will have no choice but to rethink her views on vaccination.
Old September 26 2013, 01:43 AM   #60
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Very inspirational, J. Surely with her resounding defeat here in her TrekBBS babe thread, Jenny will have no choice but to rethink her views on vaccination.
Do you not consider Admiral2 to be a person?