New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old September 18 2013, 11:02 PM   #16
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Into Darkness. Terrible!

R. Star wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I think it's the whole "I am doing a drive by, kthxbye" deal that people react to.
Could be, though if that's the logic it's silly. If you think someone is trolling, all you're doing by responding is giving them something to react to.

Then again I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.
I always give people the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason to feel otherwise. New user, old user, you don't join, say you joined to slag on something, proceed to slag on said something, also state that you're never commenting again, only to comment again by starting a new thread about it in the wrong forum. That is the quickest way to lose that benefit.

You cannot use the expression "I didn't know not to post twice," because that doesn't matter. If you said you're not going to comment on it again, only to make a new thread about it in one of the topmost visible Trek forums, then you're either lying, or trolling.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
Old September 18 2013, 11:09 PM   #17
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

If two senior officers being a relationship was a problem for him he should have quit Trek during TNG.

I agree there were serious problems with the film, and it wasn't targeted at the same people who enjoyed the original Treks. But it's possible to criticize a film without a condescending tone.
Old September 18 2013, 11:47 PM   #18
Opus
Commodore

Michael001 wrote: View Post
Again. Sorry I posted twice. I couldn't find the first one and not knowing forums didn't think it worked so I started again.
With an exact 'copy and paste'? Amazing. Truly.

Thank you for the feedback though.
No problemo.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
If two senior officers being a relationship was a problem for him he should have quit Trek during TNG.
Or TOS's first season episode 'Court Martial' - Kissing on the bridge! I could add more, but I'd be repeating myself...

I agree there were serious problems with the film, and it wasn't targeted at the same people who enjoyed the original Treks. But it's possible to criticize a film without a condescending tone.
I enjoyed the original Treks. I enjoyed this one. I think it was targeted for someone just like me.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Old September 19 2013, 12:10 AM   #19
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Opus wrote: View Post

I enjoyed the original Treks. I enjoyed this one. I think it was targeted for someone just like me.
I've enjoyed the Abramsverse films far more than most of TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.
Old September 19 2013, 12:33 AM   #20
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Well, since this is in the wrong forum, and the exact same point was made in the correct forum, I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to continue the discussion in Star Trek Movies XI+

"Hailing Frequencies Closed"
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Closed Thread