Beam Me Up Scotty Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

UK Auction To Feature Spock Costume
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pine To Star In Wonder Woman
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Pegg Teases Elba Character
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old November 22 2013, 04:08 PM   #226
drt
Captain

Re: Is the USS Vengeance more powerful than the Enterprise E?

In TWOK the torpedo left a big burn mark on the underside if the saucer near the dorsal.

But I agree with you, from that point on (rest of the TOS movies and TNG/DS9/VOY) torpedos seemed to cause less damage than phasers half the time.
drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 04:23 PM   #227
Chemahkuu
Admiral

drt wrote: View Post
In TWOK the torpedo left a big burn mark on the underside if the saucer near the dorsal.

But I agree with you, from that point on (rest of the TOS movies and TNG/DS9/VOY) torpedos seemed to cause less damage than phasers half the time.
Yet oddly enough, it impacted the upper saucer nearer the pennant.
Old November 22 2013, 06:01 PM   #228
dudley
Commodore

To me, the USS Vengeance is another Scimitar. It's just a silly ship with four thousand torpedo launchers, ninety-nine shield layers, and a megablaster gun that can blow up God and God's God.

dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 01:33 AM   #229
Mycroft Maxwell
Lieutenant Commander

^ I flipped my chair laughing at this one. I couldn't say that better myself.
Mycroft Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2013, 05:08 AM   #230
Sans
Lieutenant Commander

dudley wrote: View Post
To me, the USS Vengeance is another Scimitar. It's just a silly ship with four thousand torpedo launchers, ninety-nine shield layers, and a megablaster gun that can blow up God and God's God.
Mycroft Maxwell wrote: View Post
^ I flipped my chair laughing at this one. I couldn't say that better myself.
The Mary Sue of ships?
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2013, 10:10 AM   #231
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Perhaps, but that USS Mary Sue (designed by Khan Noonien Singh, no less - surely the starship equivalent of "secret daughter of character X") would kick the E-E's ass. Seriously, it's got tech way in advance of anything else.

Computers: One man can fly it even after extreme damage. That's way in advance of the Enterprise's rickety automation in STIII (one hit knocked it out) and is seemingly at least on par with Voyager at the very end of "Year of Hell", a ship from a century ahead.

Transporters: Can teleport at least 72 targets at once, something we've only ever seen the likes of in the early 25th century future of "All Good Things"

Warp drive: 3x faster than the Enterprise. That's, like, warp 24 or something batshit insane like that. And the Enterprise made it to Kronos and back in a day! It'll take a leisurely 18 seconds to fly to the Gamma Quadrant and kick the Dominion's ass all by itself.

Warp core: It crashed into a city and the core didn't breach. The Enterprise-D's core breached at least once per season.

Size: Jesus Christ, it's 1450 meters from end to end. It gives The Doomsday Machine size envy. That's about the size of Deep Space Nine. It probably has Defiant's for shuttlecraft.

God's god AND the Enterprise-E would be space toast.
Old November 25 2013, 11:43 AM   #232
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
drt wrote: View Post

Yet oddly enough, it impacted the upper saucer nearer the pennant.
Based on what? The Reliant was circling around the Enterprise when it fired the torpedo (shortly thereafter we see it moving around in front of the E again). We only saw it on the viewscreen so it's not clear exactly where it was in relation to the hero ship when it fired.

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Size: Jesus Christ, it's 1450 meters from end to end. It gives The Doomsday Machine size envy.
Nah, I once scaled the DDM against the Enterprise and it's like 4,060 meters (13,300 feet) long.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2013, 12:33 AM   #233
drt
Captain

Here's an image that shows the scorch mark from Reliant's torpedo on the saucer.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/a...twokhd0504.jpg

(Thanks to Bob C for posting it in another thread so I didn't have to rummage for it)
drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2013, 04:30 PM   #234
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Smellmet wrote: View Post
I'd like to think the E would kick it's ass personally, it's 100 years more advanced
I would like to think the same.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2013, 05:06 PM   #235
Lance
Commodore

Vengeance certainly looks bigger than the 1701-E -- and owing to scaling problems with the NuEnterprise in the 2009 movie, it probably is bigger than the 1701-E -- but yes, I agree. In any correct world, alternate universe or no alternate universe, the 1701-E is still the more powerful of the two ships. Or at least, it should be.

Marcus pimped the Vengeance as a kick-ass battleship, armed to the teeth, top secret tech, etc. But ultimately it's still a 23rd century ship, and it probably operates on systems that are antiquated by Picard's time, regardless of whether it's some kind of pocket splinter universe or not.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2013, 05:31 PM   #236
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Computers: One man can fly it even after extreme damage.
Hey, remember when everyone on the Enterprise Dee got really sick and Data was going to pilot the ship to the Neutral Zone all by his lonesome?

And remember when Janeway was the only one left alive on the extreme damaged Voyager, and she rammed her ship into that alien timeship?

And remember when Kirk was (at least planning) to take the beat up Enterprise all by himself and return the unconscious Spock to the Genesis Planet?

And remember when just two holograms piloted the Prometheus in combat? (okay that was two)

And remember when George Kirk rammed the Iowa (whatever) into the Narada by himself?

Warp core: It crashed into a city and the core didn't breach. The Enterprise-D's core breached at least once per season.
The Voyager crash (really hard) on the surface of Ice Planet Zebra, and the warp core managed not to breach as well.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2013, 05:33 PM   #237
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Was the Vengeance really that much more powerful than the Abramsprise? She attacked the Abramsprise with her pants down. From behind. And pounded her. Repeatedly. Before she even knew what happened.
Old November 30 2013, 06:32 PM   #238
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Lance wrote: View Post
Vengeance certainly looks bigger than the 1701-E -- and owing to scaling problems with the NuEnterprise in the 2009 movie, it probably is bigger than the 1701-E
Not a problem, a choice made by those in charge to make it bigger.
Enterprise-E: 685m
Enterprise 1701 (AU): 725m
Vengeance: 1460m
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Computers: One man can fly it even after extreme damage.
Hey, remember when everyone on the Enterprise Dee got really sick and Data was going to pilot the ship to the Neutral Zone all by his lonesome?
Data isn't just any crewman. We've seen how much faster he can operate the controls than the usual humanoid.
And remember when Janeway was the only one left alive on the extreme damaged Voyager, and she rammed her ship into that alien timeship?
Yes, I mentioned it in my post.
And remember when Kirk was (at least planning) to take the beat up Enterprise all by himself and return the unconscious Spock to the Genesis Planet?
We all know how that worked out, even with five helpers including the best engineer in the fleet.
And remember when just two holograms piloted the Prometheus in combat? (okay that was two)
Indeed - in the ship that's probably closest in function and purpose to the Vengeance in the Prime Universe (also designed for combat and a minimal crew)... and is newer and more advanced than the Enterprise-E.
And remember when George Kirk rammed the Iowa (whatever) into the Narada by himself?
He flew it alone for 12 minutes and did two things. I doubt he'd have fared any better longer-term than the Voyager senior staff at the start of "Year of Hell" part 2.
The Voyager crash (really hard) on the surface of Ice Planet Zebra, and the warp core managed not to breach as well.
True, I'd forgotten about that one.
Old December 3 2013, 04:40 AM   #239
Mycroft Maxwell
Lieutenant Commander

Bad Robots are dumb@$$es. They are little kids that want to uber everything. "Well my ship has 999,999 infinity super duper mega quantum torpedoes that can destroy God, God's God, God's God's God, and God's God's God's God." Yeah, Bad robot is full of immature power envy fanboys. TRUTH: Enterprise E would fraggin pwn the Vengence with her shields down.
Mycroft Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 03:50 PM   #240
anh165
Commander

Mycroft Maxwell wrote: View Post
Bad Robots are dumb@$$es. They are little kids that want to uber everything. "Well my ship has 999,999 infinity super duper mega quantum torpedoes that can destroy God, God's God, God's God's God, and God's God's God's God." Yeah, Bad robot is full of immature power envy fanboys. TRUTH: Enterprise E would fraggin pwn the Vengence with her shields down.
Firstly, the Vengeance doesn't have quantum torpedoes, it has only on screen demonstrated phasers which clearly deal real damage in a way never seen in any Federation ship before.

Secondly, the Enterprise E with her shields down will be just as fragile as the Narada is, and you can see what the JJ-Prise did to that.