RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,713
Members: 24,835
Currently online: 609
Newest member: SB118_T'Mar

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 13 2013, 06:58 AM   #256
JD
Admiral

Re: Sleepy Hollow (Spoilers)

Great episode. I love that Capt. Irving actually got to get in on the action this week. John Cho came back! I wonder what he meant when he kept saying he was protecting Abbie?
I did not expect to see them capture the Horseman like this. Next week's should be very interesting.
Old November 13 2013, 07:17 AM   #257
sojourner
Admiral

He's got a thing for Abbie. He's trying to protect her from - you know - dying.
Old November 19 2013, 07:11 AM   #258
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Blimey! The glass armonica was such a remarkable piece of musical instrument!

What a revelation. The Horseman is none other than Ichabod's old friend Abraham, who was in love with Katrina and felt betrayed by Ichabod.

So is Brooks alive or dead? He's certainly not a living dead. John Cho delivered quite a creepy vocal performance as the Horseman's spokesperson. What he did to save Ichabod's life was commendable, and I wonder if we'll ever see him again.
Old November 19 2013, 02:52 PM   #259
Forbin
Admiral

Where do you look when you're talking to the Horseman?
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 07:20 PM   #260
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

To the Horseman, of course, although Brooks did all the talking.
Old November 19 2013, 08:27 PM   #261
Christopher
Writer

^I think Forbin is asking, what part of the Horseman do you look at when there's no face or eyes?

I suppose I should've seen this revelation coming. In the original Washington Irving story, Abraham Van Brunt, aka "Brom Bones," is Ichabod Crane's rival for the hand of Katrina Van Tassel, and is implied to have faked the apparition of the Headless Horseman in order to scare Crane away. Although they've totally changed things around here, of course.

And yes, I loved the glass armonica! Why don't we use those anymore?

As for Andy saving Crane, I don't think it was commendable, since he was just relaying Moloch's orders. Evidently Moloch wants Ichy alive for some reason.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 10:37 PM   #262
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Ohh. That makes sense. I didn't get the part about Moloch, but I do remember Brooks say, "The master forbids it" or something to that end.
Old November 20 2013, 12:42 AM   #263
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Yeah, when he said "the Master forbids it"... I thought he was making it up. But when the shadow guys came and took them both away I figured... he was right!

Speaking of the bad guys, they didn't have any trouble showing up at the end... why did they keep failing when Brooks first called them? Did the Master "forbid" his minions from rescuing the horseman too soon, so Morloch could figure out what was going on with his "head" minion?
Old November 20 2013, 02:18 AM   #264
Mr Light
Admiral

The second they showed the Horseman being personally mad at Crane then cutting to his best friend I knew he was gonna be the Horseman

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:38 AM   #265
propita
Rear Admiral

Why does the Horseman turn as if looking around or listening? Does he need light to "see" by?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 12:51 PM   #266
Mr Light
Admiral

Phantom Head Syndrome

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:10 PM   #267
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Phantom Head Syndrome
Maybe even literally!
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 11:20 PM   #268
JD
Admiral

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Yeah, when he said "the Master forbids it"... I thought he was making it up. But when the shadow guys came and took them both away I figured... he was right!

Speaking of the bad guys, they didn't have any trouble showing up at the end... why did they keep failing when Brooks first called them? Did the Master "forbid" his minions from rescuing the horseman too soon, so Morloch could figure out what was going on with his "head" minion?
That was after Andy broke the hex protecting the hideout. When he pulled the thing out he used to summon I believe he also broke the hex.
As for the episode, I enjoyed it. Before this episode started I didn't expect such a personal connection between Ichabod and Death. As the episode went on, I did start to wonder if he was going to be Abraham. I like the team the seem to have truly set in place this episode. I wonder why Moloch is so concerned with Ichabod? I'm assuming it must have something to do with his role as a Witness.
Old November 26 2013, 07:07 AM   #269
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Good episode tonight. We learned two things: Ichabod and Katrina had a son, and Grace Dixon, Mr. Lachlan's house matron who helped deliver Katrina's baby, was the ancestor of Abbie Mills.

The tree monster reminded me of Swamp Thing and wasn't really much of a threat to Ichabod and Abbie.

Walter returns in a couple of weeks.
Old November 26 2013, 04:57 PM   #270
sojourner
Admiral

It was an evil midget ent.