Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 3 2013, 04:13 PM   #31
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: Haven Season 4 (Spoilers)

Certainly could be. Now that they've re-introduced him, they could find a way to bring him back, at least in flashbacks to the adoption.

They gave some weight, finally, to the seriousness of Audrey and Nathan's dilemma. I liked that final scene, when he said he couldn't live with himself (about time!).

Then of course we find out that killing Nathan is not going to work, and then...BOOM!

Looks like Sheriff Carter is coming back too.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2013, 06:47 PM   #32
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

And, whoa, Sheriff Carter is creepy.

I guess now we know why Audrey must kill the one she loves to end the Troubles.
Old November 19 2013, 01:50 AM   #33

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

But it looks like whatever happens to him happens to her, so they basically both have to die to set the town free.

So what are they? Gods of mischief? Aliens with a messed up sense of humor? Evil farmers from another dimension?
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old November 19 2013, 01:55 AM   #34
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

So can William feel Nathan making love to Audrey?

It might explain why he's such an asshole.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 06:36 AM   #35
Jono
Rear Admiral

Audrey seems to have forgotten about her kid. Nathan at least made a passing mention that he might have killed him when he caused the barn to explode.

William is a tad unstable. Carving "NOT HER" into someone's forehead after you kill them is pretty disturbed. Oh, and the whole killing people, super-charging troubles, stalking thing is also a bit out there.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2013, 10:32 AM   #36
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

1001001 wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

But it looks like whatever happens to him happens to her, so they basically both have to die to set the town free.
I wonder if that's why the prophecy was reversed when he came through the door. Maybe they're only linked on this side of the barn.

So what are they? Gods of mischief? Aliens with a messed up sense of humor? Evil farmers from another dimension?
Something from another dimension. And they've been around for centuries, at least in our time.
Old November 19 2013, 10:45 AM   #37
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Jono wrote: View Post
Audrey seems to have forgotten about her kid. Nathan at least made a passing mention that he might have killed him when he caused the barn to explode.

William is a tad unstable. Carving "NOT HER" into someone's forehead after you kill them is pretty disturbed. Oh, and the whole killing people, super-charging troubles, stalking thing is also a bit out there.
They could be faking us out?

"Nother" might actually be a word that means something.

Old November 22 2013, 01:33 AM   #38
Velocity
Commodore

Jono wrote: View Post
Well, the Colorado Kid wasn't Audrey's kid--he was Sarah's (or whoever she was then) and Nathan's. She didn't really remember the "other" incarnations' lives.
Old December 8 2013, 01:30 AM   #39

So am I the only one left watching?

I think they've veered off a little with the whole William thing. Maybe it's just me but it seems to be dragging out a bit, and the mythology is getting denser and harder to believe. No one seems curious about where they come from. That seems weird to me.

Season finale next week. I'm expecting a big cliffhanger with the whole "Who is she really?" thing not being resolved. I don't know how the ratings are doing...???
Old December 8 2013, 02:48 AM   #40
The Keeper
Commodore

I am still following along.

I like the new direction it's taken, Williams role is very mysterious and a nice change from the trouble of the week formula I was beginning to feel wearing thin. I actually cheered out loud when it became clear some answers regarding the lighthouse were forthcoming!
Old December 8 2013, 04:37 AM   #41
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

I'm still watching religiously--although it does oddly feel as though we're heading into the endgame, even though next week is just being billed as a "season finale." As opposed to a series finale.
Old December 8 2013, 04:42 AM   #42
propita
Rear Admiral

I'm still watching, but really disliking whatever they've done. I like Duke's gf, that was fine. But the whole William thing....no matter how much I like the actor, and it's obvious he's trying to make something of the role, if the role and plot are so badly written, how much can he save it?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2013, 04:56 AM   #43
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Imagine that your husband, got on all fours in the local park and started playing with your dog.

The first three minutes it was fine, after 10 you're telling him to get the #### up, but he won't, after half hour, you just leave, #### his head trip... But you come back the next day and he's still running about like a dog, and he's misplaced his clothes and...

Fleas were yesterdays problem, he's starting to make a canine family and totally forgotten about you, that you love who he used to be 24 hours ago has very little to do with it any more, he has to be saved period, no matter how many dogs are going to doggy heaven.

William makes perfect sense if human beings are barely even animals.

Old December 8 2013, 06:52 AM   #44

propita wrote: View Post
I'm still watching, but really disliking whatever they've done. I like Duke's gf, that was fine. But the whole William thing....no matter how much I like the actor, and it's obvious he's trying to make something of the role, if the role and plot are so badly written, how much can he save it?
I agree, but we don't even know what's really going on. They've stretched this thing out so long...what is the deal? I asked earlier, what are they? Aliens? Pranksters from another dimension? Mischievous Gods? The lack of curiosity on the part of the other characters seems really strange to me.

I am still enjoying the series, don't get me wrong. I'm really hoping this all has a payoff.
Old December 8 2013, 07:38 AM   #45
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Do Native American Gods look like Native Americans?

They said early on that the troubles predate Whitey.

Those inkballs, despite being inkballs, remind me of the glowing marbles from Starman.