Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 1 2013, 02:36 AM   #16
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Re: Haven Season 4 (Spoilers)

1001001 wrote: View Post
Yes it's getting harder and harder to believe in all the "gas leaks" and "lightning strikes". Someone from the outside should have noticed by now.

Still, once you suspend disbelief....
They're just happy they don't live in the next town over, Cabot Cove.
Old October 1 2013, 04:56 PM   #17
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
Yes it's getting harder and harder to believe in all the "gas leaks" and "lightning strikes". Someone from the outside should have noticed by now.

Still, once you suspend disbelief....
They're just happy they don't live in the next town over, Cabot Cove.
Or Storybrooke.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 02:33 AM   #18
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

The door in the middle of nowhere from last night's episode reminded me of the door on the beach in the second Dark Tower novel. Would have been cool if some lobstrosities had emerged when they opened it.

I wonder if the Barn is connected to the Tower, however tangentially. (I realize that this show probably can't outright reference the Dark Tower series due to rights issues, but the producers have slipped in subtle Easter eggs to other King works in the past, so maybe their intention is for the audience to make the connection without their official verification.)
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 05:20 AM   #19
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ I too was reminded of the doors in The Drawing of the Three, but hadn't thought to speculate about a possible connection, story-wise, between The Barn and the Dark Tower itself.

Haven has thus far drawn from more of King's writings than just The Colorado Kid, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the people behind it drew on elements of the TDT series at some point either overtly or subtly.
Old October 13 2013, 05:38 AM   #20
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Forgot about this, the Friday 10PM slot is easy to forget but I eventually caught up. Typical Haven so far, great first episode, middling remainder probably until hiatus/finale. Still, better than a lot of stuff that's on, I like "Lexi" so far and it's agreeable enough if not essential.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2013, 04:23 PM   #21
Let the Good Times Roll!!

I knew she wouldn't be Audrey when she returned! I could see that coming a mile away. The plan to kill Nathan won't work now, since she doesn't love him. She doesn't even know him!

This show is strangely entertaining despite some pretty bizarre twists and turns. Who the hell was Sheriff Carter supposed to be? He said something like "all I'm allowed to do is help you." Allowed? By who? Why? What's Dave on about? The barn is "dying"? Is it alive?

I hope the show does not end without satisfactory answers to all the mysteries they've raised.

And, just to note, the stand alone story with the kids disappearing was creepy as hell.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2013, 08:44 AM   #22
Seventh White Boomer
Rear Admiral

Well, a lot happened in that last episode. Duke and Nathan both now know Audrey is back, Jordan gets offed, and Wade goes bananas.

I'm not sure about Wade going off the deep end. His marriage has broken up and he might have turned to booze to deal with it, but it didn't seem to be a consistent flow to get to where he seems fine with murdering Jordan.

Plus were we told before that Vince and Dave were troubled? I can't recall anything on it and I had assumed they were "clean" as Stillwater School would put it.
Seventh White Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 04:07 AM   #23
Velocity
Rear Admiral

Jordan was getting to be so annoying, I'm glad she's history. She said that she just wanted the troubles to be over, but she came across more as just a woman scorned.
So "Lexie" knew she was Audrey when she came out of the barn? But the biggest question is how they are going to resolve the Nathan-Audrey-Duke triangle.
Old October 26 2013, 08:50 AM   #24
Aragorn
Admiral

Jon-o'-lantern wrote: View Post
Well, a lot happened in that last episode. Duke and Nathan both now know Audrey is back, Jordan gets offed, and Wade goes bananas.

I'm not sure about Wade going off the deep end. His marriage has broken up and he might have turned to booze to deal with it, but it didn't seem to be a consistent flow to get to where he seems fine with murdering Jordan.

Plus were we told before that Vince and Dave were troubled? I can't recall anything on it and I had assumed they were "clean" as Stillwater School would put it.
Wade going off the deep end and killing Jordan fits right in with this show, meaning that it's out of nowhere and makes no sense because of how inconsistent and poorly-planned-out the writing is. Like Vince having a trouble, like Vince being the leader of The Guard.

Plus Wade's also the Ice Truck Killer.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2013, 12:32 AM   #25
Let the Good Times Roll!!

I finally caught up on the last three episodes (my stupid job doesn't give me nearly enough TV time!).

Anyway, I liked the stories for the most part. The girl dreaming with Audrey/Lexi (rhymes with "Sexy") talking to her was a little awkward. Nathan's school-sex dream was pretty good though. More intentional humor in that episode than we've seen in a while, I think.

So now will they just forget all the murdered people, or will Duke get blamed? He took the boat to the dump site, he has the broken knife with his fingerprints in his kitchen...??

Agent Howard being Boston's adoption agent...???

I'm glad they brought back the M.E. She's hilarious. "You're a cop now? I bought pot from you!"

From the previews of next episode it looks like they're going to confront the Nathan-killing/Trouble ending issue head on. That's good. If his death really is the only way to stop the troubles, Audrey/Lexi is being very selfish.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 06:06 AM   #26
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Well, it looks like they're going full-tilt into Dark Tower territory now.

+Crabs with human eyes that sound like cousins to lobstrosities

+Strange doors where there shouldn't be doors

+Talk of "thinness" between worlds

The producers are really squeezing all the Stephen King they can get out of this license. I'm curious to see how far they take this storyline (given the rights issues involved between this and other King properties, like the Dark Tower series).

Did anyone notice the paperback book in the box of mystery parents' belongings? I think the title was "Staked my Heart" or something like that. The camera did a brief linger on it: does anyone know if this is significant to the Haven show or maybe another work by King?
Old November 2 2013, 06:25 AM   #27
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ IIRC, Staked My Heart was the book that Audrey #1 (Emily Rose's Audrey) lent Faux Agent Howard before he sent her to Haven back in the pilot.
Old November 2 2013, 10:13 AM   #28
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
^ IIRC, Staked My Heart was the book that Audrey #1 (Emily Rose's Audrey) lent Faux Agent Howard before he sent her to Haven back in the pilot.
Wow, terrific memory.

So...does that mean that the new girl is Audrey's (or a past incarnation of Audrey's) daughter?
Old November 2 2013, 03:11 PM   #29
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

According to Vince and Dave, her biological parents were Haven locals, and Faux Agent Howard facilitated her adoption. The reason she has that box of junk is because she found it in what she believes to have been her birth parents' old house.
Old November 3 2013, 10:55 AM   #30
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Haven has been really good the last few weeks. It was nice that Jennifer addressed Duke's heroism directly-- one of the strange and cool things about this season is that Duke has been in charge. With Nathan no longer an authority figure, everybody seems to be defaulting to him, even with Dwight as chief. Weird things are happening, even by Haven standards.

Especially the crabs with human eyes.

And who else things that Agent Howard will be back-- and not on the same side as Colin Ferguson?