Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old September 20 2013, 03:05 AM   #16
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: "Mudd in Your I" (Star Trek: Aurora II)

Tim, if you can assure me that this would be rated PG-13 or less (PG or PG-7), I will do what I prefer to do, and wait for the entire episode and watch it then. I do keep the links on your dedicated page current for anyone using Star Trek Reviewed to see what's there, and your link is marked "A" for active, (as opposed to "C" for complete, or the ambiguous "B" for groups producing no more films but still have something in the can which hasn't been released). So, anyone glancing at your listing or page will find this link. If they want to see the work as a partial release, bingo, it's there. If they want to wait... they can wait with me. I don't make that determination for others. I just know that, the most extreme example of this was Phase II's Blood and Fire, where I and those who came along after it's full release think it's among their finest work, almost as good as World Enough and Time, while those who watched it as it was released consider it one of their poorest releases. Most people agree that Aurora is among the pantheon of greats in the Star Trek Fan Film world. The only issue is, 'how do I enjoy it THE MOST?'

Thank you for your fabulous work, no matter what.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 10:21 PM   #17
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore

What else can I say about the segment other than it's ... fascinating.
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 02:55 PM   #18
Auroratrek
Lieutenant

Barbreader wrote: View Post
Tim, if you can assure me that this would be rated PG-13 or less (PG or PG-7), I will do what I prefer to do, and wait for the entire episode and watch it then. I do keep the links on your dedicated page current for anyone using Star Trek Reviewed to see what's there, and your link is marked "A" for active, (as opposed to "C" for complete, or the ambiguous "B" for groups producing no more films but still have something in the can which hasn't been released). So, anyone glancing at your listing or page will find this link. If they want to see the work as a partial release, bingo, it's there. If they want to wait... they can wait with me. I don't make that determination for others. I just know that, the most extreme example of this was Phase II's Blood and Fire, where I and those who came along after it's full release think it's among their finest work, almost as good as World Enough and Time, while those who watched it as it was released consider it one of their poorest releases. Most people agree that Aurora is among the pantheon of greats in the Star Trek Fan Film world. The only issue is, 'how do I enjoy it THE MOST?'

Thank you for your fabulous work, no matter what.
Hi Barb,

Well, I guess these things are subjective, but again using "Enterprise" as a measure, I would say that "Mudd in Your I" is less "PG-13" than that--"Enterprise" had partial nudity, naked physical contact and scenes with characters clearly pre- and post- sexual relations. "Mudd in Your I" Part 1 has one shot with partial nudity about equal to what we see of T'Pol in Enterprise, but overall is more on the lines of "Mudd's Women" with a comedic sense of sexiness and some comically mild suggestive language and situations, but it's a Harry Mudd episode, so none of it is serious.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Auroratrek; September 21 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Auroratrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 05:57 PM   #19
Redfern
Commodore

Could be more awkward. T'Ling's gender switch could have (or might yet) trigger a Pon Farr! As this far from Vulcan, I doubt the Aurora could reach it in time! Kara might have to help T'Ling in some very, ahem, "unconventional" ways!

Wait...that's my fan-fic. Whoops! Never mind! Nothing to see here! Heh, heh...

Seriously, I eagerly await your depiction of Mudd and the the performer who will give him voice! The "file photo" looks very close to Roger C. Carmel's distinctive features.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 04:45 AM   #20
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

Thanks, that sounds safely within my parameters for Star Trek Reviewed. Of course, in the end, it's all subjective. I can wait until it's all out and make a final call then.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2013, 05:01 PM   #21
scifib5st
Commander

Very well said Tim, wishing you the best of luck.
I love the format for this show. You have opened many eyes for what is possible with Star Trek today. So many characters from ST universe to take from.
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 06:38 AM   #22
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Loved the teaser and the first part is brilliant. Patiently waiting for more.

Also male T'Ling is very handsome
Old October 7 2013, 07:36 AM   #23
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

Great work. Are those V4's? Thought I recognized some of the props too.
Old October 12 2013, 10:25 PM   #24
scifib5st
Commander

Hope the next part comes out soon!
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 03:27 PM   #25
Auroratrek
Lieutenant

Melakon wrote: View Post
Great work. Are those V4's? Thought I recognized some of the props too.
Thanks! Yes, V4s & M4. I'll confess that I switched from V3s to V4s halfway through the production of the first Aurora movie--that was drag to recreate Kara in the new mesh, but I did it almost specifically to make use of the Trek uniform textures over at Daz Star Trek Builders Unite forum. I also updated T'Ling to V4 in this new movie--more fun, but there is an improvement, I think, in the look. One of the biggest pains, however, was that I didn't like the V4 eyes--I actually wanted the eyes to be slightly less realistic to stay out of the "uncanny valley", so I had to substitute them with V3 eyes. It also helped disguise the upgrade. ;-) The props and sets are gathered from all corners, so anyone familiar with Daz/Poser will recognize something!
Auroratrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 09:03 PM   #26
Forbin
Admiral

Oh my, that was fun.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 11:17 PM   #27
Psi'a Meese
Lieutenant Commander

I'm pleased to have watched part 1 today. Great job, thus far. I'm looking forward to their getting to confront Mudd. As for any sexual tension that may (or may not?) unfold between Kara and T'Ling, I'm not too worried. There is opportunity for more, priceless banter between them as a result. Sprinkle in the humorous tone of a Harcourt Fenton Mudd story and I'm sure we're in for a fun ride.
Old October 21 2013, 04:43 AM   #28
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

I'm going to check it out now.

I enjoyed the initial installments, and I'm sure I'll enjoy these new episodes.
Old November 3 2013, 05:40 PM   #29
Reanok
Commodore

I really enjoyed watching part of your Aurora sequel. I can't wait to see part 2 soon please.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote