RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,337
Posts: 5,353,607
Members: 24,619
Currently online: 564
Newest member: nmatos2005

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 21 2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Borjis
Commodore
 
Borjis's Avatar
 
Geordi's Beard

I noticed it when watching "the outcast."

I like it.

Then I did some googling and found there are 3 episodes where he has one, but couldn't find specific other episodes.

Anyone know the other 2?
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 09:27 PM   #2
bbjeg
Vice Admiral
 
bbjeg's Avatar
 
Location: ˙ɐlnqǝu sıɥʇ uı ʞɔnʇS
Re: Geordi's Beard

It wasn't his character.



Now if he was bald and went on a few more away missions involving phaser fights, he could pull it off.
bbjeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Cyke101
Rear Admiral
 
Cyke101's Avatar
 
Re: Geordi's Beard

Borjis wrote: View Post
I noticed it when watching "the outcast."

I like it.

Then I did some googling and found there are 3 episodes where he has one, but couldn't find specific other episodes.

Anyone know the other 2?
A Fistful of Datas, where Data notices that Geordi is growing one. Then there's The Quality of Life soon after, where it's shown in a later stage of growth. Beverly tries to bet Riker, Geordi, and Data (yes, Data) to shave off their beards if she beats them at poker, but the game was interrupted.

Then in the movies, there's Insurrection and Nemesis, but those are a bit more stylized.
__________________
“You do not use science in order to prove yourself right, you use science in order to become right.”
Cyke101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 11:15 PM   #4
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Geordi's Beard

I read he grew it out in one episode for his wedding.

Does anyone know the surgery he needed which limited his role in Best of Both Worlds Part II?
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 12:31 AM   #5
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Geordi's Beard

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
Borjis wrote: View Post
I noticed it when watching "the outcast."

I like it.

Then I did some googling and found there are 3 episodes where he has one, but couldn't find specific other episodes.

Anyone know the other 2?
A Fistful of Datas, where Data notices that Geordi is growing one. Then there's The Quality of Life soon after, where it's shown in a later stage of growth. Beverly tries to bet Riker, Geordi, and Data (yes, Data) to shave off their beards if she beats them at poker, but the game was interrupted.
It was Riker, Geordi & Worf in that game - all three with beards.

Data only had a beard in 'The Schizoid Man'.
__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 12:36 AM   #6
Shat Happens
Commander
 
Shat Happens's Avatar
 
Re: Geordi's Beard

coming to think of it, did anyone had a beard in Kirk's ship? EDIT: oops, wrong board, this is TNG's.
Shat Happens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 01:02 AM   #7
Melakon
Vice Admiral
 
Melakon's Avatar
 
Location: Unmarked grave, Ekos
Re: Geordi's Beard

Shat Happens wrote: View Post
coming to think of it, did anyone had a beard in Kirk's ship? EDIT: oops, wrong board, this is TNG's.
Yeah, Mirror Spock. But that is the other forum.
__________________
Curly: Moe, Larry, the cheese! Moe, Larry, the cheese! (Horses Collars, 1935)
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 01:16 AM   #8
Pondwater
Fleet Captain
 
Pondwater's Avatar
 
Location: In Left Field.
Re: Geordi's Beard

It made him look a little older and clashed with his Visor.
__________________
Myrtle green and bracken brown.
Pondwater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 02:23 AM   #9
Cyke101
Rear Admiral
 
Cyke101's Avatar
 
Re: Geordi's Beard

od0_ital wrote: View Post
Cyke101 wrote: View Post
Borjis wrote: View Post
I noticed it when watching "the outcast."

I like it.

Then I did some googling and found there are 3 episodes where he has one, but couldn't find specific other episodes.

Anyone know the other 2?
A Fistful of Datas, where Data notices that Geordi is growing one. Then there's The Quality of Life soon after, where it's shown in a later stage of growth. Beverly tries to bet Riker, Geordi, and Data (yes, Data) to shave off their beards if she beats them at poker, but the game was interrupted.
It was Riker, Geordi & Worf in that game - all three with beards.

Data only had a beard in 'The Schizoid Man'.
Woop, I stand corrected. But Data with a beard is an eternal image nonetheless.
__________________
“You do not use science in order to prove yourself right, you use science in order to become right.”
Cyke101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 02:45 AM   #10
dg1379
Commander
 
dg1379's Avatar
 
Location: Lakewood, OH, USA
Re: Geordi's Beard

jimbotron wrote: View Post
I read he grew it out in one episode for his wedding.

Does anyone know the surgery he needed which limited his role in Best of Both Worlds Part II?
I think they said gallbladder removal on the bobw bluray.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 02:53 PM   #11
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Geordi's Beard

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
od0_ital wrote: View Post
Cyke101 wrote: View Post

A Fistful of Datas, where Data notices that Geordi is growing one. Then there's The Quality of Life soon after, where it's shown in a later stage of growth. Beverly tries to bet Riker, Geordi, and Data (yes, Data) to shave off their beards if she beats them at poker, but the game was interrupted.
It was Riker, Geordi & Worf in that game - all three with beards.

Data only had a beard in 'The Schizoid Man'.
Woop, I stand corrected. But Data with a beard is an eternal image nonetheless.
Especially when he strokes it thusly...
__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 07:03 PM   #12
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Geordi's Beard

dg1379 wrote: View Post
jimbotron wrote: View Post
I read he grew it out in one episode for his wedding.

Does anyone know the surgery he needed which limited his role in Best of Both Worlds Part II?
I think they said gallbladder removal on the bobw bluray.
Thanks. It was also noted that they fleshed out some of his appearance in the episode with stock footage, but I've never been able to notice any.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 06:11 PM   #13
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral
 
WillsBabe's Avatar
 
Re: Geordi's Beard

jimbotron wrote: View Post
dg1379 wrote: View Post
jimbotron wrote: View Post
I read he grew it out in one episode for his wedding.

Does anyone know the surgery he needed which limited his role in Best of Both Worlds Part II?
I think they said gallbladder removal on the bobw bluray.
Thanks. It was also noted that they fleshed out some of his appearance in the episode with stock footage, but I've never been able to notice any.
Some of the cutaways to Geordi speaking around the briefing room table were filmed separately, I think. Not sure if that counts as stock footage, as such, though.
__________________



WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 06:40 PM   #14
borgboy
Fleet Captain
 
borgboy's Avatar
 
Re: Geordi's Beard

I thought this was a thread about Leah Brahams...
seriously, it looks good on him.
__________________
Resistance is futile
borgboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 09:52 PM   #15
Wadjda
Lieutenant Commander
 
Wadjda's Avatar
 
Re: Geordi's Beard

Geordi touching his beard is the only manly thing he ever can do on TNG.
Wadjda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.