Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread

Old September 24 2013, 07:12 PM   #1
WesleysDisciple
Lieutenant Commander

Was siskos birth Certificate faked?

Surely he'd have noted Mother : Sisko, sarah, on it?

did his dad have it faked, or altered , very hard to do.

You'd think he'd have seen his own birht certificate or at least bio that should list his parents at some point.
Old September 25 2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Was siskos birth Certificate faked?

^A lot of people have never seen their birth certificates. I'm over thirty years old and have never bothered to look at mine. My parents have it somewhere, but I've never seen it.

--Sran
Old September 25 2013, 03:41 AM   #3
Pavonis
Commodore

Who looks at their own birth certificate? I know I've been born. I don't need the paperwork to prove it.

Besides, most birth certificates are held by the government, aren't they? With copies issued on an as-needed basis, I thought.
Old September 25 2013, 04:06 AM   #4
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

I thought for sure this was going to be a joke thread about Obama and the birthers. Not sure whether to be disappointed or pleasantly surprised. Probably a little of both.

On topic, I've never seen my birth certificate. Never saw any particular need. It's just the kind of thing you don't question until or unless you have a reason to.
Old September 25 2013, 04:44 AM   #5
Avro Arrow
Captain

Really? None of you have seen your birth certificate? I've had to use mine as a form of identification on multiple occasions.

Although perhaps there's a difference in what a "birth certificate" is between Ontario and other jurisdictions. My birth certificate does not make any reference to my parents, whereas the OP implies a birth certificate would list the parents in their part of the world.
Old September 25 2013, 05:11 AM   #6
Tosk
Rear Admiral

I've never seen any proof of my birth either. I wonder if my real mother was possessed by a Prophet.
Old September 25 2013, 05:16 AM   #7
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Avro Arrow wrote: View Post
Really? None of you have seen your birth certificate? I've had to use mine as a form of identification on multiple occasions.

Although perhaps there's a difference in what a "birth certificate" is between Ontario and other jurisdictions. My birth certificate does not make any reference to my parents, whereas the OP implies a birth certificate would list the parents in their part of the world.
I've seen mine and have a copy. Not sure why I needed it.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Old September 25 2013, 05:19 AM   #8
Sci
Admiral

As this thread demonstrates, it's not implausible to imagine thart Sisko has never bothered to look art his own birth certificate.

On the other hand, who knows that they still use birth certificates or use them for the same purposes in the 24th Century? For all we know, they might not issue government ID cards anymore.
Old September 25 2013, 05:27 AM   #9
Pavonis
Commodore

Avro Arrow wrote: View Post

I didn't say I've never seen it. I've just never had to see it, as in, I had no particular need to see it, so I can easily believe Sisko had no need or desire to see his certificate. I don't recall if my parents are listed on mine, so who knows if it would be listed on one in the 24th century?

As it happens, my birth state used to issue a little plastic card, the same size and shape as a driver's license, that constituted proof of the holder having a birth certificate on file in the capital. It was a lot more durable and easier to carry around than a paper file.
Old September 25 2013, 06:18 AM   #10
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

I used my birth certificate to get a passport, and because I sometimes amuse myself with astrology and wanted my exact birth time. Aside from that, I don't think I've ever had much use for it, and I don't recall ever looking over it in detail.
Old September 25 2013, 07:21 AM   #11
Jono
Rear Admiral

These days the only reason you need to even look at your birth certificate is if you are using it as a proof of identification you'd think if Ben needed to prove who he was that it would be through biometric data, which would probably be harder to fake and easier for the individual.

As for him reading a his own bio, the only one I can think he might access is his Starfleet records and would they show have anything on his family more extensive than next of kin, which Sarah would never have been given she died when he was 2 or 3 and therefore long before its a concern for Starfleet.

Last edited by Jono; September 25 2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old September 25 2013, 08:00 AM   #12
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Yeah, the only time I ever needed my birth certificate was to apply for a passport. It's been over ten years since I even looked at it, so I could be wrong, but I think it had the name of my adoptive father on there anyways.
Old September 25 2013, 08:39 AM   #13
davidant32
Commodore

I had a copy of mine when I needed to cross the border into Canada. Though that was some years ago and now I think you need an actual passport (not sure, as I haven't been back). I don't really recall if I even looked at it very closely at the time either.
Old September 25 2013, 09:16 AM   #14
MacLeod
Admiral

Well you need a birth certificate to get things like a passport in the UK.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old September 25 2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Nuto
Cadet

In Germany you can get a birth certificate without the names of the parents.
Closed Thread