RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,721
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 715
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old December 30 2007, 12:54 PM   #1
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell
Doctor Who: Who is the Doctor?

Doctor Who: Who is the Doctor?
The Thoughts about the Doctor by various characters.

1. Last of the Time Lords
Lucy Saxon
The Doctor, he is clearly of the same race as of Har.., no, the Master. Who does he think he is, even though he may or may not be the only other 'Time Lord of Gallifrey' in existence, to imprison him in the TARDIS. (How would he be able to repair it anyway...). Who are you Doctor, that you want to spare your enemy? Who are you that you think you can take action on behalf of a civilisation that no longer exists? Though you think you have won, you will still lose! Goodbye Harold...
The report of the gun is heard on the bridge of the Valiant, the Doctor is then heard urging the Master to survive.
"Just one bullet. You can do it"
"No!"
"Regenerate!" the Doctor cries out.
The Master cries out defiantly and dies. The Doctor cries over his body.
USS Fardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2008, 12:52 PM   #2
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell
Re: Doctor Who: Who is the Doctor?

Any comments?
Old January 3 2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Borg451
Captain

cool. but most people on this board are too retarded to appreciate your work.

will post a paragraph myslef if i come up with and intresting angle..
Borg451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Kaziarl
Commodore

I don't know about that Borg, me personally I've just never seen any of the doctor who shows. I'd like to, just haven't had the chance.
Old February 6 2008, 09:35 AM   #5
USS Fardell
Captain

2. The Sound of Drums
Martha Jones
We are standing on the tarmac as the President of the United States meets the Master. We watch as they meet, hidden by our perception filter keys. Jack, the Doctor and I, the only one's who can save the world from him, and these Toclafane that he is talking about. I can't even imagine what the Doctor is thinking. But why, Doctor, why do you think that the Master is your responsibility? Sure he is the only other Time Lord in existance, that you and the Face of Boe know of, possibly the only other survivor of the Time War, what are you thinking Doctor?
Old February 6 2008, 10:44 AM   #6
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Je ne sais pas.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2008, 08:12 AM   #7
USS Fardell
Captain

3. Utopia
Chantho
Chan the Doctor, who is he tho?
Chan how did he arrive on this planet tho? Chan how did he and his companions survive the futurekind tho?
Chan Professor Yana has started acting strange since he arrived tho!
Chan I need to look after him tho. Chan he needs to focus so the ship will work and the humans get to Utopia tho.
Old April 14 2008, 03:56 AM   #8
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Borg451 wrote: View Post
cool. but most people on this board are too retarded to appreciate your work.
Awww, how nice of you! As one of those 'retarded' people who frequents this board, I'm flattered that you noticed.

As for Fardell, you're after some interesting insights with the characters, but I'm not really seeing anything here that wasn't implied or said outright in the episode. This is the Doctor's greatest nemesis, far more so than the Daleks or the Cybermen... his conflict with the Master is intensely personal.

Let us see some of that history, some of what drives the Master to confront and betray the Doctor every time they meet.

Last edited by Gibraltar; April 14 2008 at 04:30 AM.
Gibraltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2008, 04:39 PM   #9
Starhawk
Lieutenant

Personally, I have been a fan of Dr. Who for decades. Mostly, Tom Baker and now David Tennant. Some of the others, ie Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker, kind of spoiled Whodom for me, but I am back and loving David. He has the quirkiness down pat with those wide eyes and crazed look about him. I will also admit to having mad crushes on some of the companions along the way, most recently Freema Agyeman. Catherine Tate'e character is driving me a bit batty at the moment though. I hope Freema comes back soon.
Starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Je ne sais pas.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2008, 08:22 AM   #11
USS Fardell
Captain

4. The Forest of the Dead
CAL
Who is this Doctor whom has saved my Library and myself? I can read every book in the Library, but they do not have information on what his motivation is, or more importantly, who he is!
Who are you Doctor? Who are you? You are more than the 'Oncoming Storm' the bringer of death and destruction of the myths and legends from thousands of worlds.
I know who you travelled with, Donna Noble. I know who she is and what her fate is.
River Song is not very forthcoming when I ask her about you. She keeps the information to herself, saying that very few people should know the Doctor's real identity. She may be right. That still doesn't mean I cannot ask the question. Who are you?
Old November 26 2008, 07:23 AM   #12
USS Fardell
Captain

USS Fardell wrote: View Post
4. The Forest of the Dead

Any Comments, questions etc?
Old November 26 2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Kirk1980
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Kirk1980 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirk1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Kirk1980

Well, I am a Doctor WHO fan but I am afraid you'll have to go back to the classic series before I'd be able to offer any interesting insights.

Seems alright, although the tone of both of your entries seems to be about the same. Maybe the characters were alike, just some constructive criticism

Let's see what's out there...
Kirk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2009, 10:23 AM   #14
USS Fardell
Captain

6. Journey's End
Wilfred
Who are you Doctor? What was so horrifying that Donna had to forget about you entirely? Something more terrifying than those 'Daleks? That is something that I don't like to contemplate. But still I ask, Who are you?
Old July 6 2009, 01:39 PM   #15
USS Fardell
Captain

7. The Stolen Earth
Harriet Jones
The Daleks are coming. I hope that the message that we are sending gets through to you Doctor. I have always wondered, though Doctor. Who are you? Why is it that you go around meddeling with other's affairs? What happened to make you do this?

8. Turn Left
Donna Noble (Alternate)
The Doctor. Who is he that the Earth needs him? Who is this man who has apparently become indispensible to the universe itself? Who are you Doctor that you have apparently become the hero that humanity does not know about.

9. The Next Doctor
Jackson Lake
I step into the real Doctor's TARDIS, which I realise stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space, although I don't truely understand what that means. I look around, at the large space that fits into the small box. More incredible than anything else that I have seen since my first encounter with the Cybermen. I move towards the console, the memories, his memories, that it brings up being both joyous and sad. I realise that the Doctor is the last of his kind. His civilisation is lost? Was it destroyed? By those Daleks he mentioned? Who is he that he continues to journey after loosing so much? The TARDIS seems to be lonely with him. It too is the last of its kind. Its sadness is giving me a headache. I have to go. I decide to invite him to Christmas Dinner. He needs the company...