RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,653
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 572
Newest member: Damix

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old January 18 2014, 04:02 PM   #16
Khan 2.0
Commander

Re: Enterprise The Movie

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
Aside from being a knock off of "Yesterday's Enterprise", why is Seven First Officer? Why not have a more interesting character, either from the series or original, someone who didn't rely on catsuits to hog screen time.
more box office
Khan 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 10:41 PM   #17
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I would have preferred DS9 the movie, VOY the movie, ENT the movie.. over all those TNG the movies. It's a real shame.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 12:30 AM   #18
Khan 2.0
Commander

the Ent movie there would kind of be a TNG 5 too. Bit like the way Gen was sort of also Trek VII and XM DOFP is also X4 in addition to being XM FC 2
Khan 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2014, 02:00 AM   #19
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

milojthatch wrote: View Post
I still disagree that Nemesis and Enterprise "killed" anything off.
Exactly... VOY helped.

The studio killed Trek, it's that simple.
The studio did kill Trek, by thinking it could keep churning out spinoff after spinoff and fans would keep tuning in as long as the words "Star Trek" were in the title.
Old January 26 2014, 02:29 AM   #20
timelord1010
Captain

jespah wrote: View Post
The sets are gone. All of that stuff was sold at the That's a Wrap sale/auction and afterwards.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/It's...le_and_auction
Not all of the sets were sold. On Doug Drexler's now dead site he had photos of the sets being destroyed by a bulldozer on orders from Les Moonvees. They wouldn't even stop so the guy taking pictures could go get a truck to haul the stuff away and save them the trouble of destroying the sets.

As for new Enterprise, I think they should go the Netflix route with the "Prime" universe Trek and Enterprise, if Enterprise is even in the Prime universe. I wonder if Enterprise is in the JJ Abrams universe after what happened in First Contact and Prime Spock fell into that universe. Then the episode "These are the Voyages" and Trip Tucker's death can be explained away as being in the alternate universe.
timelord1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 10:01 AM   #21
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

timelord1010 wrote: View Post
As for new Enterprise, I think they should go the Netflix route with the "Prime" universe Trek and Enterprise, if Enterprise is even in the Prime universe. I wonder if Enterprise is in the JJ Abrams universe after what happened in First Contact and Prime Spock fell into that universe. Then the episode "These are the Voyages" and Trip Tucker's death can be explained away as being in the alternate universe.
I've started thinking that myself.

For the MU two-parter, since we know so little of Interphase then there is nothing to say it couldn't cross realities.
Old February 8 2014, 07:25 PM   #22
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

milojthatch wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Berman was still in charge, but--as Roddenberry had done during the first season of TNG--stepped back into a more supervisory role with someone else (Coto) handling the day-to-day running of ENT.

Although Berman was said to be connected with the aborted Star Trek: The Beginning movie, it was really a very tangible connection, IIRC. I don't think it would have been a Berman production, IMO.
I'd wager Berman would have still be a producer...
Nah, Berman was already moving on from Trek as ENT was coming to an end. I said earlier, his association with the proposed Star Trek: The Beginning was very minimal--basically just an endorsement of the idea to Paramount. Kerry McCluggage and Jordan Kerner would have actually produced it, with Berman (at best) credited as an "executive consultant" like Roddenberry was following TMP.