Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 6 2013, 03:38 PM   #46
wjaspers
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Orci strikes back

Orci has a bad attitude, which you all will come to know in the future.
wjaspers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 03:41 PM   #47
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

^What happens in the future?

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 03:56 PM   #48
AllStarEntprise
Captain

^^ Isn't it obvious? The next Star Trek movie Orci writes will be called Star Trek Revenge on the Fandom. Another TWOK inspired flick where Orci will either subtly or blatantly rip in to the detractors of his work of Star Trek.
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 05:42 PM   #49
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Trekweb are desperately trying to become The Daily Fail of Trek news sites.

You mean the Daily Mail...haha
Everyone knows what he meant. Your correction is unnecessary and verges on spam. Please don't spam.
Old September 6 2013, 06:32 PM   #50
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

JarodRussell wrote: View Post

Rick Berman heard way worse criticism during his time with Trek, and he never resorted to anything like that.
That's because Rick Berman had very little passion for Star Trek. For him it was a job, for Orci it is something that he has obviously loved for a really long time.

I would have told the venomous fans to go fuck themselves too.
Old September 6 2013, 06:46 PM   #51
ralph
Captain

Is It confirmed? Is he real Bob Orci? There is a fake Orci in TrekMovie.

In this case, I think it is odd, to say the least, that Orci should behave in this way.

Of course, there are people who dislike this movie and people who find it very good.

I thought that he were used to it.

Last edited by ralph; September 6 2013 at 06:58 PM.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 06:58 PM   #52
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

It was an incredibly douchey thing to say, regardless of whether you like his work or not. However, if I have the right to say Orci can't write scripts for shit, then he has the right to criticise my posts.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 07:00 PM   #53
Mach5
Rear Admiral

It's official, I miss Brannon Braga. He was a schmuck, but at least he was a gentleman, and not some buttmad juvenile asshole.

A Hollywood screenwriter becoming upset over a fanboy rant on the internet? Classy Bob. Real classy.
Old September 6 2013, 07:02 PM   #54
BeatleJWOL
Commander

Send a message via AIM to BeatleJWOL Send a message via Yahoo to BeatleJWOL

Have any of you complaining about Orci ever spent a lot of time reading the comments on TrekMovie? Not all bad, mind you, but yikes...

There's a reason I spend more time here. I only wish more "Hollywood people" would interact with their fans as much as Bob Orci has.
BeatleJWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 07:20 PM   #55
Mach5
Rear Admiral

His issue was with the article initially. Getting upset over comments is twice as stupid.

Someone should really get him to join here. It's a much better environment.
Old September 6 2013, 08:17 PM   #56
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Getting upset over internet comments is fine. It's his repugnant, elitist opinions on success that bother me more. He's spitting on any writer that isn't famous, and judging screenplay quality purely in financial terms. Undeniably a twatish attitude.
Old September 6 2013, 08:27 PM   #57
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Getting upset over internet comments is fine. It's his repugnant, elitist opinions on success that bother me more. He's spitting on any writer that isn't famous, and judging screenplay quality purely in financial terms. Undeniably a twatish attitude.
I didn't read it that way at all.

But it might help some of these people to actually go through the rigors of writing a screenplay before they go spitting on the work of others.
Old September 6 2013, 08:29 PM   #58
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
I didn't read it that way at all.
How convenient.

Opus wrote: View Post
I do agree that Trek has become 'one note'. EVERYTHING Trek now seems to revolve around TWOK.
So fucking true.
Old September 6 2013, 08:46 PM   #59
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

Mach5 wrote: View Post
It's official, I miss Brannon Braga. He was a schmuck, but at least he was a gentleman, and not some buttmad juvenile asshole.

A Hollywood screenwriter becoming upset over a fanboy rant on the internet? Classy Bob. Real classy.
Braga got in trouble with internet fans by saying some of them are "12 years old". You can read it in the below article (which btw was co-written by me, SteveK tried to recruit me to be an editor at trekweb in those days but I declined)

http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/200...018955036.html
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 08:48 PM   #60
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Wow, just what is it with those guys. They knew the fanbase was very vocal. Now some of them don't like the film and the writer reacts all butthurt. That's hilarious.

And the "You don't like my film. But the film made a shitload of money. So go fuck yourselves!" attitude is extremely classy.
I also love when he resorts to "That's why I'm writing movies and you don't." What a horrible attitude. He may be rich and successful, but he's still an asshole.

Rick Berman heard way worse criticism during his time with Trek, and he never resorted to anything like that.
Rick Berman was never an avid poster on comment sites and bulletin boards. Maybe if he was he would have had the same reactions Orci occasionally does, instead of being able to give controlled, civil interviews months removed from any specific insult that might make you angry, and with an opportunity to carefully consider your words in a neutral setting.

Orci's reaction is no worse than the one you give above, calling him an asshole, but he's being held to a higher, unreasonable standard just because he's a writer, as if that negates the fact that he's also a human being who gets frustrated by being attacked. It's part of the fandom entitlement complex, thinking that they should be able to mercilessly insult whomever they want and god forbid if they get a taste of their own medicine in return.

It's also amusing how quickly you change your tune when it comes to celebrities you don't care for. In the past you've advocated for us to hand out warnings to people who insult celebrities who aren't even posters here, but hey, I guess if they wrote a movie you didn't like, that cancels everything out, huh?
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote