RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,709
Posts: 5,842,068
Members: 26,182
Currently online: 487
Newest member: jerlenedjimenez

TrekToday headlines

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Sep 3

Star Trek Night At Fenway Park
By: T'Bonz on Sep 3

New Star Trek Merchandise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 2

Perth Mint Voyager Coins
By: T'Bonz on Sep 1

Face Off To Feature Trek Makeup
By: T'Bonz on Sep 1

Pegg Omaze Video Features Outtakes
By: T'Bonz on Sep 1

Vulcan Ale – The Genesis Effect
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Shatner Writing Book About Friendship With Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Nimoy Documentary ON COPD In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Three New Star Trek Beyond Set Shots
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 7 2013, 02:18 AM   #151
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: A boat on a river
Re: Orci strikes back

Benicio del Toro
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 02:20 AM   #152
JWPlatt
Captain
 
Re: Orci strikes back

Great...

Don't you think originally wanting to hire Benicio del Toro makes Orci's statement meaningless?
JWPlatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 02:24 AM   #153
Tosk
Rear Admiral
 
Tosk's Avatar
 
Location: On the run.
Re: Orci strikes back

JWPlatt wrote: View Post
Great...

Don't you think originally wanting to hire Benicio del Toro makes Orci's statement meaningless?
Shhh! Orci is trying to rewrite recent history. Leave him be.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 02:26 AM   #154
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: alt.nerd.obsessive.pic
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Orci strikes back

JWPlatt wrote: View Post
Great...

Don't you think originally wanting to hire Benicio del Toro makes Orci's statement meaningless?
Who says it was Orci's choice?
__________________
"Just give me two seconds, alright, you mad bastard!" - Montgomery Scott, Star Trek Into Darkness
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 02:30 AM   #155
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: RIP Leonard Nimoy
Re: Orci strikes back

Hold up what's worse:

- Casting someone who might be wrong for the part purely cause of their skin color

- Casting someone who is right for the part but is a different skin color than what the character was previously established as?

I'd hate to have seen the shit storm had they cast an African-American for the role of Kirk or Spock.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 02:31 AM   #156
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: A boat on a river
Re: Orci strikes back

JWPlatt wrote: View Post
Great...

Don't you think originally wanting to hire Benicio del Toro makes Orci's statement meaningless?
Or maybe they rethought it and decided not to go with him for those very reasons.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 03:33 AM   #157
WarpFactorZ
Captain
 
Re: Orci strikes back

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
You said people in the industry who are paid for their work should "shut the fuck up" (in all caps, no less).
Fie. You got me. KHAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!

Locutus of Bored wrote:
Also, while we don't warn for insulting celebrities who are not forum members, can you please cut it out with the constant "cunt" an "twat" type insults toward Orci?
If we're now concerned about language, I ask that you please remove King Daniel's avatar that exclaims "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK" in every single post. I don't know what meaning that has in Europe, but I'm pretty sure in the US it's something not nice.
WarpFactorZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 03:55 AM   #158
JWPlatt
Captain
 
Re: Orci strikes back

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
I don't know what meaning that has in Europe, but I'm pretty sure in the US it's something not nice.
I think it means "let me introduce you to my sister."
JWPlatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:05 AM   #159
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Angmar
Re: Orci strikes back

"For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"

Tosk wrote:
Turns out the apple was never intended as a nod to TWOK.
So it's just an amazing coincidence?
__________________
Just walk away, and there will be an end to the horror.
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:09 AM   #160
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Orci strikes back

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote:
Also, while we don't warn for insulting celebrities who are not forum members, can you please cut it out with the constant "cunt" an "twat" type insults toward Orci?
If we're now concerned about language, I ask that you please remove King Daniel's avatar that exclaims "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK" in every single post.
This isn't the appropriate place to tender a request of that nature, and sassing a forum mod with it in response to a request not directed at you is effectively pointless. Try PMing an Admin instead.
__________________
"You could win a chance to come to the premiere of Star Trek Beyond, which
will be enormous fun, because we'll all get really smashed and wreck something."
- Simon Pegg
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:10 AM   #161
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: RIP Leonard Nimoy
Re: Orci strikes back

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
You said people in the industry who are paid for their work should "shut the fuck up" (in all caps, no less).
Fie. You got me. KHAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!

Locutus of Bored wrote:
Also, while we don't warn for insulting celebrities who are not forum members, can you please cut it out with the constant "cunt" an "twat" type insults toward Orci?
If we're now concerned about language, I ask that you please remove King Daniel's avatar that exclaims "FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK" in every single post. I don't know what meaning that has in Europe, but I'm pretty sure in the US it's something not nice.
Really "Fuck" still gets people in a twist?
__________________
- SeerSGB -
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:42 AM   #162
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: alt.nerd.obsessive.pic
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Orci strikes back

Set Harth wrote: View Post
"For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"

Tosk wrote:
Turns out the apple was never intended as a nod to TWOK.
So it's just an amazing coincidence?
That's what they said in the commentary.
__________________
"Just give me two seconds, alright, you mad bastard!" - Montgomery Scott, Star Trek Into Darkness
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:47 AM   #163
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Angmar
Re: Orci strikes back

BWAHAAHAHA
__________________
Just walk away, and there will be an end to the horror.
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:58 AM   #164
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: RIP Leonard Nimoy
Re: Orci strikes back

BillJ wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
"For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"

Tosk wrote:
Turns out the apple was never intended as a nod to TWOK.
So it's just an amazing coincidence?
That's what they said in the commentary.
If it works, it works. Rewatch TWOK with that scene in mind, and there's a bit of wistfulness to it.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 05:35 AM   #165
JWPlatt
Captain
 
Re: Orci strikes back

BillJ wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
"For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"

Tosk wrote:
Turns out the apple was never intended as a nod to TWOK.
So it's just an amazing coincidence?
That's what they said in the commentary.
Orci: "No such thing as a coincidence [on Star Trek]"

http://1701news.com/node/399/orci-no...star-trek.html
JWPlatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.