Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old October 2 2014, 05:39 PM   #1
Into Darkness
Captain

Star Trek: The Fringe

It's the mid 25th century and a group calling themselves 'The Fringe' is gaining notoriety in the Alpha Quadrant. Throughout Federation space there is an internet system not dissimilar to that found on Earth in the 21st century, this internet can be accessed throughout all Federation worlds and The Fringe has been using social media to obtain a loyal following of people.
The goal of The Fringe is to find people who are not happy with the way the Federation functions, not happy with continuous expansion and not happy with how the Federation deals with external threats, so they want to build a community and leave the area in search of a new world to settle far away and begin a new community. By the mid 25th century The Fringe has thousands of followers and has even been funded by a few rich individuals who would like the see their plan come to fruition.

The Fringe has successfully obtained a derelict latter end of the 24th century Cardassian Galor Warship which was discovered adrift following the Dominion war 50+ years prior and using salvaged materials from ship graveyards throughout the Quadrant and using funding money to buy new and used parts have managed to not only fix the warship but also improved it using Federation and Klingon and others races technologies. They have also given it a new paint job (Black/Silver) and upgraded it's weapons systems by purchasing advanced weapons systems on the Ferengi black market.

The new series catalogues the journey of this Galor class ship and the Fringe group onboard as they leave their part of the Alpha Quadrant. There is also a colony ship housing thousands of people who have joined the Fringe in hopes of finding a new home and a new start. The Galor class ship is both an exploration vessel trying to discover a new world and also the protector of the colony ship.

Extra Note: I'm thinking that maybe their wont be a colony ship, the Galor might simply be sent to find a world first and so is on an exploration mission. The main Fringe base of operations will be in Federation space and will be in constant communication with the ship as it's exploring so we have a series set onboard the ship but also we can have episodes back in the Federation as we see the Fringe at work trying to recruit more people to the cause.

Last edited by Into Darkness; October 2 2014 at 06:16 PM.
Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2014, 06:20 PM   #2
Into Darkness
Captain

Re: Star Trek: The Fringe

EPISODE 1: We're introduced to some main characters and The Fringe. We get a good introduction to the 25th century Federation and social media and the extent of the influence the Fringe is making. At the end of the pilot episode The Fringe hears word from one of it's salvage groups that they've found a derelict Galor ship and are bring it in.

EPISODE 2: Operation begins to mend the ship and fix it. We're introduced to the Ferengi black market to obtain weapons and hardware and resources.

EPISODE 3: The ship sets sail to search for a new planet.
Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2014, 02:16 AM   #3
Shatinator
Commander

Hmmm, my first thought was Fringe as in J.J.'s Fox series?

Upon reading, however it seems a lot like Nu BSG, which isn't a slam - I like that show very much. I think it needs more fleshing out though (i.e. characters, archs, motivation, big plan etc.)

FWIW
Old October 5 2014, 01:30 AM   #4
David.Blue
Lieutenant Commander

I'd like some more idea of the characters and the types of stories.
Old October 6 2014, 04:06 AM   #5
comicstar100
Cadet

Is this a fan series you plan on making?
comicstar100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2014, 06:19 AM   #6
Borgminister

I too thought Fringe/Star Trek crossover.

The Observers were kind of a precursor to the Borg, so Captain Dunham--make it so.
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2014, 01:15 PM   #7
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Borgminister wrote: View Post
I too thought Fringe/Star Trek crossover.

The Observers were kind of a precursor to the Borg, so Captain Dunham--make it so.
With First Officer Peter Bishop, Science Officer Walter Bishop and Ops Manager Farnsworth by her side

The concept is interesting but as others have said, information on the characters would be far more useful.