RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,602
Posts: 5,424,817
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 378
Newest member: David Ellerman

TrekToday headlines

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old February 3 2014, 03:51 AM   #916
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral
 
Ar-Pharazon's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Vanyel wrote: View Post
Ok one decent commercial.
I liked the Seinfeld one, but I don't even remember what the ad was for.
__________________
Rimmer, on what period of history to live in-
“Well, It’d be the 19th century for me, one of Napoleon’s marshals.
The chance to march across Europe with the greatest general of all time and kill Belgians” - (White Hole).
Ar-Pharazon is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 03:53 AM   #917
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Vanyel wrote: View Post
Ok one decent commercial.
I liked the Seinfeld one, but I don't even remember what the ad was for.
Wasn't it for the AMC Pacer?
Mr. Adventure is online now  
Old February 3 2014, 03:54 AM   #918
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Vanyel wrote: View Post
Ok one decent commercial.
I liked the Seinfeld one, but I don't even remember what the ad was for.
His own show I think - this "comedian in a car getting coffee" thing.
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 03:55 AM   #919
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader
 
Vanyel's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Vanyel wrote: View Post
Ok one decent commercial.
I liked the Seinfeld one, but I don't even remember what the ad was for.
For this:
Comedians in Cars
__________________
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 03:57 AM   #920
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Vanyel wrote: View Post
Ok one decent commercial.
I liked the Seinfeld one, but I don't even remember what the ad was for.
I was more perplexed by how Jerry Seinfeld appears to have transformed into Matt Lauer.
Timby is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 03:59 AM   #921
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

At last it's over. When was the last time that the Super Bowl was a blow out?
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:00 AM   #922
banzaiduck
Lieutenant
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Manning apologists, get your asses out here, let's talk.

Historically having played with great offensive talent, having played inside a dome pumped with artificial crowd noise for almost his entire career, the man has yet to win more than one Superbowl, which, by the way, was against a markedly inferior team. Why?

Results matter. Winning Championships matter.

He's a great quarterback, but he will never surpass the likes of Brady and Montana. Never.

BANZAI!!!!
banzaiduck is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:02 AM   #923
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
At last it's over. When was the last time that the Super Bowl was a blow out?
Seattle's 43 points are the most by one team since Tampa Bay 2003 and the 35 points score difference is the most since Dallas 1993.
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:03 AM   #924
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral
 
Kira's Mom's Avatar
 
Location: Kicking ass with MI-13.
View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Well, that sucked. Were the Broncos stoned or something? I don't think I've ever seen them play so badly.
__________________
"I cannot believe I just took a picture of an action figure's ass." OdoWanKenobi
Etsy shop
Kira's Mom is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:04 AM   #925
banzaiduck
Lieutenant
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

gblews wrote: View Post
SmoothieX wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
If I was a hard core Bronco fan I'd have shit myself by now and pulled out all my hair. This is a total blowout and it's boring. Even the ads suck.
At this point if you're a fan, you just realize it's not your night. It's when your team comes up just short or get beat at the last minute the really makes you want to shove a rusty car antennae up your dickhole.
I don't know. This is pretty bad. When you spend all year as the "best" team in the league with the "best" quarterback and make it to the SB where your team is a significant favorite and not only do they lose, they get blown out -- that is indeed reason to shit one's pants.

Right Pats' fans?
Leave it to gblews to cater to the lowest common denominator.
At least the Patriots were competitive. Your precious Manning fell, and fell hard today.

But I'll give him credit, he is a stellar quarterback. Today, sadly, he was far from it.

BANZAI!!!
banzaiduck is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:04 AM   #926
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

So happy for Seattle, especially for two people; Pete Carroll and Richard Sherman. Carroll has done the same thing in Seattle he did at USC, instill a winning attitude not just during the regular season but in championship games. A lot of people were rooting against Sherman after the NFC championship game -- it would have been pretty hard on him to have then lost this game.

It also doesn't suck that Denver is now 2-5 (or 6) in the SB.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:06 AM   #927
gturner
Admiral
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
At last it's over. When was the last time that the Super Bowl was a blow out?
Seattle's 43 points are the most by one team since Tampa Bay 2003 and the 35 points score difference is the most since Dallas 1993.
The biggest margin was San Francisco 55 Denver 10 in 1990.

Past Superbowl scores
gturner is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:08 AM   #928
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

banzaiduck wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
SmoothieX wrote: View Post

At this point if you're a fan, you just realize it's not your night. It's when your team comes up just short or get beat at the last minute the really makes you want to shove a rusty car antennae up your dickhole.
I don't know. This is pretty bad. When you spend all year as the "best" team in the league with the "best" quarterback and make it to the SB where your team is a significant favorite and not only do they lose, they get blown out -- that is indeed reason to shit one's pants.

Right Pats' fans?
Leave it to gblews to cater to the lowest common denominator.
At least the Patriots were competitive. Your precious Manning fell, and fell hard today.

But I'll give him credit, he is a stellar quarterback. Today, sadly, he was far from it.

BANZAI!!!
Nice seeing you again, pork3. Back to the ban zone with you.
Timby is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:13 AM   #929
The Lady Eve
Vice Admiral
 
The Lady Eve's Avatar
 
Location: The Lady Eve
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Seen on Twitter:

The last time Denver took a beating like this was when John's plane went down. #SuperBowl

— Tony Cowards (@TonyCowards) February 3, 2014
The Lady Eve is offline  
Old February 3 2014, 04:30 AM   #930
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

banzaiduck wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
SmoothieX wrote: View Post

At this point if you're a fan, you just realize it's not your night. It's when your team comes up just short or get beat at the last minute the really makes you want to shove a rusty car antennae up your dickhole.
I don't know. This is pretty bad. When you spend all year as the "best" team in the league with the "best" quarterback and make it to the SB where your team is a significant favorite and not only do they lose, they get blown out -- that is indeed reason to shit one's pants.

Right Pats' fans?
Leave it to gblews to cater to the lowest common denominator.
At least the Patriots were competitive. Your precious Manning fell, and fell hard today.

But I'll give him credit, he is a stellar quarterback. Today, sadly, he was far from it.

BANZAI!!!
My precious Manning??? You will likely not live long enough to be this incorrect again. I am as far from a Denver/Manning fan as you can get.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.