Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old December 8 2013, 07:52 PM   #481
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Philly has -1 yard of offense, and Detroit has fumbled 6 times (losing two).
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old December 8 2013, 07:57 PM   #482
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

This Philly-Detroit game is crazy!

Old December 8 2013, 09:20 PM   #483
tighr
Commodore

Twitter makes everyone think they are really clever.

I've so far seen no shortage of jokes comparing the DET/PHI game to Hoth (complete with AT/AT pictures) and references to Riley Cooper thriving in an "all-white" environment.
Old December 8 2013, 09:28 PM   #484
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

#itsalwayssunnyinphiladelphia?
Old December 8 2013, 09:37 PM   #485
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

What, you mean like this?

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old December 8 2013, 09:43 PM   #486
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Thanks for the link
Old December 9 2013, 12:17 AM   #487
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

I assume there are no more doubts regarding the Patriots and their deal with Satan...

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old December 9 2013, 01:42 AM   #488
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Can someone put the Redskins out of their misery?

At least the Broncos won.
Old December 9 2013, 02:25 AM   #489
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

1001001 wrote: View Post
I assume there are no more doubts regarding the Patriots and their deal with Satan...

Let's go Patriots!
Old December 9 2013, 12:45 PM   #490
Scout101
Admiral

Ugh, gonna cost them Gronk for the rest of the year, though. That's the result of the NFL making it illegal for a defensive back to hit a player anywhere BUT the knees, basically. Not taking Gronk down with a chest shot...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old December 9 2013, 04:16 PM   #491
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Ugh, gonna cost them Gronk for the rest of the year, though. That's the result of the NFL making it illegal for a defensive back to hit a player anywhere BUT the knees, basically. Not taking Gronk down with a chest shot...
Gronk died for Billy Five-Aces' sins.
Old December 9 2013, 05:11 PM   #492
Scout101
Admiral

ACL and MCL tear, Gronk's done for a bit....

On the plus side, Billy Cundiff came through for the Patriots again
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old December 9 2013, 05:25 PM   #493
tighr
Commodore

After another 400 yd 4 TD performance from Peyton Manning (this time in the cold), it's starting to look like the reason Peyton loses games isn't because A) they're a playoff game, B) they're a cold weather game, or C) they're against the Patriots. It's starting to look more like Peyton loses games when the defense and special teams fail to execute, requiring perfect play from the QB position, especially after a week of the media taking him out of the game. That's still a huge concern and something that he should try and rectify, but yesterday proves he's more than capable of winning a game in a cold weather environment (which he's done before), and he's won the Super Bowl before, and he's beaten the Patriots before.

Think about his two losses this season: a loss to the Colts after an intense week of interviews and media focus on Peyton's return to Indianapolis, up to and including a pre-game ceremony welcoming Peyton back to Indy for the farewell he never got. Peyton had to give numerous interviews before the game, not to mention the whole Jim Irsay controversy. Even still, they had a shot to win.

Then the loss to the Patriots, when the media was all about Manning/Brady XIV (seriously? Worst name for a "bowl" ever) and again with the pre-game hype about Manning being unable to win in the cold and against Brady. Then the Broncos go up 24-0, and immediately go into "protect the lead, run the ball" mode. When Peyton had to make throws, he did. Again, they had a shot to win, led by a game tying 4th quarter Manning passing drive, but defense and special teams made huge errors. Broncos probably win the rematch.

So if the Broncos are going to miss the Super Bowl this year, it won't be because Peyton can't play in the cold or win a playoff game or beat Brady, it will be because the defense and special teams failed to do their job. Should be an interesting stretch the rest of the way to see how that team handles the pressure.
Old December 9 2013, 06:42 PM   #494
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Some crazy games this week: The conditions in Philly, the comeback by New England and the bizarre finish to the Vikes/Raven game all made for some entertaining football.

The Vikings game was kind of dull until those last two minutes (and 5 seconds), then the teams combined for 36 points. We had a 10 number board going at the bar and the winning number kept changing. Can't remember when (if ever) I've seen 5 touchdowns scored that quickly.

Tough day for the Vikes. They lost a screwy game, they're eliminated from the playoffs and Adrian Peterson was injured.

The Packers finally won without Aaron Rogers. Granted, they just squeaked past Atlanta, but their playoff hopes are alive. I figured if they lost Rogers would be shut down for the season. Now there's still a sliver of a chance. Go Pack!!
Old December 9 2013, 06:56 PM   #495
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
Can't remember when (if ever) I've seen 5 touchdowns scored that quickly.
The five lead-changing touchdowns in 2:30 is an NFL record, I believe.
Closed Thread