Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old October 7 2013, 02:24 PM   #196
Marten
Captain

Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

the 4th hanson bro wrote: View Post
Emotional roller coaster over here last night. The life of being a Cowboys fan.
Old October 7 2013, 06:22 PM   #197
tighr
Commodore

Sheep wrote: View Post
I thought I was boned but shockingly they pulled through thanks to Rivers going full-on Romo with two INTs at the end that absolutely killed his team's chances of winning.
I love how it's gotten to the point where Romo has become a verb. We all know what Romo means (and that meme above hits the nail on the head... no matter how good he is, they still lose).

I follow @PeytonsHead on Twitter, and he calls all interceptions #AirSanchez. Recently he's started calling fumbles #GroundSanchez. Even though Schaub and Eli have been extra horrible these past few games, and Sanchez isn't playing, he keeps using the Sanchez terms! I laugh.
Old October 7 2013, 08:24 PM   #198
tighr
Commodore

Raiders release Matt Flynn.

I bet he's on the first plane to Tampa.
Old October 7 2013, 09:21 PM   #199
Sheep
Vice Admiral

tighr wrote: View Post

He's made just under $15m the past two years (as in, he's been paid that amount and has it in the bank). I'd take that money and retire. That's practically winning the lottery.
Old October 7 2013, 10:19 PM   #200
Danny99
Vice Admiral

He's made just under $15m the past two years (as in, he's been paid that amount and has it in the bank). I'd take that money and retire. That's practically winning the lottery.
If people are willing to keep bringing him in as the "savior", I'd keep playing.
Old October 7 2013, 10:49 PM   #201
tighr
Commodore

I'd take that money and retire.
Retire and do what? It's not like he's working that hard for the money right now, I'd keep on doing it as long as people are willing to pay for it. He'd have just as much free time either way.
Old October 7 2013, 10:55 PM   #202
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Danny99 wrote: View Post

If people are willing to keep bringing him in as the "savior", I'd keep playing.
Oh, absolutely. But if he should end up like Tebow, unwanted by any NFL team, he's not exactly hurting.
Old October 7 2013, 11:02 PM   #203
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

I thought I was boned but shockingly they pulled through thanks to Rivers going full-on Romo with two INTs at the end that absolutely killed his team's chances of winning.
I love how it's gotten to the point where Romo has become a verb. We all know what Romo means (and that meme above hits the nail on the head... no matter how good he is, they still lose).

I follow @PeytonsHead on Twitter, and he calls all interceptions #AirSanchez. Recently he's started calling fumbles #GroundSanchez. Even though Schaub and Eli have been extra horrible these past few games, and Sanchez isn't playing, he keeps using the Sanchez terms! I laugh.
I took a giant steaming Romo this morning. ..
Old October 8 2013, 02:34 AM   #204
Use of Time
Commodore

I went to the Cowboys/Broncos game sunday and all I can say is that I hate fellow Cowboys fans more than any other fanbase. I love Romo. His biggest problem is that he plays for the Dallas Cowboys. He put the team on his back when nobody gave the Cowboys a shot against Denver and all I heard walking out of the stadium was that we needed to fire our QB who just turned in one of the best games since the introduction of the forward pass.

That team never does a damn thing to take anything off his plate. He's been shit on for the last 8 years by the media and his own fanbase and yet still suits up every Sunday and gives the team a shot. When is the last time he played an ok game and the defense bailed him out or maybe Demarco Murray took some of the pressure off. Romo is sitting at 12 TD's and 2 INT's with a QBR of 114 right now and they are 2-3 on the season. Meanwhile, Rob Ryan is laughing his ass off in New Orleans right now as the 70 year old Monte Kiffin has just endured the third game of the season in which his defense has given up over 400 yards passing. Part of me wants Romo to go somewhere else where he doesn't have to put up with this shit.

The guy has nerves of steel playing the most scrutinized position in the NFL on one of the most hated franchises in the NFL. Nobody would give him shit if he had played the same way for the Bengals the last 8 years. He had five 4th Quarter come from behind wins last year and has 18 in his career but you will never find anybody willing to acknowledge any of those. You're alright Tony.

I'm sorry but I just can't go back to that awful QB merry-go-round of Quincy Carter, Vinny Testeverde, Drew Bledsoe, Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson.

End Rant.
Old October 8 2013, 02:52 AM   #205
Danny99
Vice Admiral

^^ I think no one will be happy unless Troy Aikman in his prime steps onto the field.
Old October 8 2013, 02:59 AM   #206
Use of Time
Commodore

Danny99 wrote: View Post
^^ I think no one will be happy unless Troy Aikman in his prime steps onto the field.
Yep. Which is where 90% of that sense of entitlement comes from with Cowboys fans. I love Troy but he didn't have to deal with half of the shit that Romo does. The worst thing that ever happened to Dallas was Switzer winning a Super Bowl. It pretty much gave birth to the Jerry Jones we have now that he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.
Old October 8 2013, 04:54 AM   #207
Data Holmes
Admiral

J. E. T. S. Jets, Jets, Jets!
Old October 11 2013, 01:52 AM   #208
chrisspringob
Commodore

~10 minutes into the Bears/Giants game, and Eli Manning has completed two more passes to Bears players than Jay Cutler has.
Old October 11 2013, 03:01 AM   #209
Use of Time
Commodore

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
~10 minutes into the Bears/Giants game, and Eli Manning has completed two more passes to Bears players than Jay Cutler has.
It is so bizarre with Eli this year. He looks like a five year old lost in a furniture store this year.
Old October 11 2013, 06:36 AM   #210
chrisspringob
Commodore

Use of Time wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post
It is so bizarre with Eli this year. He looks like a five year old lost in a furniture store this year.
He's currently on pace to throw 40 interceptions this season. The all time single season record is 42.
Closed Thread