TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 25 2013, 12:39 AM   #91
Jan
Commodore

Re: #FreeBabylon5 Campaign

Not a lot new on this front. Our webmaster is hard at work on the website and for those attending JMS' spotlight panel at NYCC, there will be some buttons to be had (*not* from JMS who's not involved in the campaign).

Have you ordered your #FreeBabylon5 t-shirts yet? *Less than five hours* left to order the Drazi Green or Purple (or both) shirts and only two more days for the Mars Red. These shirts will *never* be available for this low price of only $15.55 again! If you've been meaning to order, now's the time!
http://www.freebabylon5tees.org/

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2013, 06:27 PM   #92
Jan
Commodore

For those who might not be following along on Facebook, we have buttons!
http://www.trekbbs.com/album.php?albumid=373

The first 300 are going to New York Comic-con where a couple of costumed Rangers will be handing them out at JMS' spotlight panel and perhaps elsewhere. Quite a number of folks have asked about buying them, too, so I'm looking into ways of doing small mail orders. Let me know here or via PM if you're interested.

Keep an eye out for news soon on a 'get loud' campaign that's in the works to both get people involved and to let people know about the campaign.

Jan
Old September 29 2013, 10:41 PM   #93
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I just noticed this thread and added my "like" to the Facebook page. I'd love to see B5 back on the air. And, unlike some, I'd love to see another new B5 project.
Old September 30 2013, 01:15 AM   #94
Jan
Commodore

Good to have you join us, RJDiogenes!

Jan
Old October 1 2013, 01:43 AM   #95
jclark14
Ensign

Ohh, poo. How'd I miss this?

Well, congrats anyway!

jeff
jclark14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 02:59 AM   #96
Jan
Commodore

Part of the 'fans need to get loud and get organized' part of this campaign is raising awareness of Babylon 5 in the public consciousness. There are a couple of IMDb polls going on right now that might just help that. First is a vote for the best series finale. Predictably, Breaking Bad is now beating us. But when the poll was only up for a couple of days, B5 was over 500 votes.
http://www.imdb.com/poll/W1Gf3Y1w0B0/

Another one that's fun is to choose your favorite story set in the 23rd century.
http://www.imdb.com/poll/W1Gf3Y1w0B0/
Surprise! Trek's winning. But I'll be Babylon 5 could make a serious showing.

Despite it looking like you can vote multiple times, only one vote per account is actually accepted.

Jan
Old October 6 2013, 06:41 AM   #97
Yoda
Rear Admiral

You seem to have accidentally linked to the same poll with both links.
Old October 6 2013, 09:56 AM   #98
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ But there's a link over on the right under Related Polls.

I voted. We're in second place, but BB has about three times as many votes. It's amazing the stuff that people will watch these days. It's also amazing how far down Newhart is on the list.
Old October 6 2013, 08:00 PM   #99
Jan
Commodore

Sorry for the link error! Here's the correct link to the 23rd Century poll. http://www.imdb.com/poll/aSR3qtJbCSY/?ref_=po_rp

Sadly, we've fallen to third place behind Friends now. So if you haven't voted yet, please give B5 a shout. Let's get noticed!! http://www.imdb.com/poll/W1Gf3Y1w0B0/

(got it right this time!)

Jan
Old October 6 2013, 10:25 PM   #100
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Friends?! Ouch.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 02:55 AM   #101
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Anyone else see this commercial?

It has two scenes of Sinclair using his communicator. I was cheering when I saw they included Babylon 5 with clips from Star Trek, Knight Rider, Inspector Gadget, Predator, Get Smart, etc. It shows that B5 is still in the zeitgeist!
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 03:53 PM   #102
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Great to see...and yet the sad, anal retentive nerd in me can't help but point out that the Predator's wrist gadget was a nuke, not a radio.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 07:16 PM   #103
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Maybe Samsung Galaxy is more powerful than you realize?!?
Old October 12 2013, 12:21 AM   #104
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I saw it again today. I was eating lunch with my kids at a pizza shop and looked up just as they showed Sinclair. I love seeing Babylon 5 on TV, even if it's only as a part of a commercial!
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2013, 04:07 AM   #105
Jan
Commodore

There were Rangers today at New York Comic-Con, handing out #FreeBabylon5 buttons. A short report from Ranger George:
"We had some transportation issues this morning and arrived at the con a bit late. We only caught the last 15 mins of the workshop. ... Gave out buttons to about 30 or 40 fans, and JMS himself took one. He thanked us for the effort. Also, at the end of the workshop, someone shouted "Free Babylon 5!""
Ranger George and Ranger Tara will be handing out buttons again tomorrow at JMS' spotlight panel. You can recognize them from their costumes (Earthforce officer and Ranger).

Also, yesterday those who are signed up for the B5 books emails got a note with the links to the two polls listed upthread. At the moment, B5 is #1 in the 'favorite 23rd century' poll and a solid #2 behind Breaking Bad for 'favorite final episode'.

Jan