Star Trek-Planet of the Apes #2
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20

Clark Details Trek Books

Takei To Appear On Wits

Retro Review: Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang
By: Michelle on Jan 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old July 11 2014, 06:30 PM   #256
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: #FreeBabylon5 Campaign

Also, The Science Channel has already done Firefly, and is either currently running or not too long ago ran Farscape, so, no reason Babylon 5 wouldn't fit there.

And of course, Babylon 5 reruns would be right at home on SyFy Channel

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2014, 01:33 AM   #257
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

Please everyone, the people are trying to fine the computer hard drive to where the people like you can build on top of what the person did for the tv show of B-5,
You just need to ask around thru the Internet of where the hard drives are at?.
And then the rest is just up to who want to see more for B-5,
Do any one have any of the studio model of the space station?.

Brolan wrote: View Post
No one needs the old 3D models, they would have to build new models from scratch anyway. All they need is the show, and any drawings JMS might have, for reference.
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2014, 02:55 AM   #258
Jan
Commodore

More B5 content at San Diego Comic-Con!

The Art of Babylon 5

Members of the iconic show's art department, under production designer John Iacovelli, with art director Mark-Louis Walters, art director Roland Rosenkranz, graphic artist Alan Kobayashi, and concept artist and set designer Timothy Earls, reunite to discuss how they were able to design 110 episodes over five years and six TV movies while keeping the sets fresh, exciting and, well, out of this world.

Friday July 25, 2014 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Room 23ABC
Nice to know that #FreeBabylon5 won't be alone.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2014, 10:16 AM   #259
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
There are some channels that could rerun Babylon 5 right now, if possible (many of them are OTA subchannels) :

Retro TV

THIS TV

Antenna TV

Space (Canadian TV channel, version of SyFy that also shows reruns)
Good suggestions to go along with MeTV. I wish I had Antenna-- they've got some good stuff, including It Takes A Thief and WKRP.
Old July 12 2014, 12:35 PM   #260
Jan
Commodore

There are some channels that could rerun Babylon 5 right now, if possible (many of them are OTA subchannels) :

Retro TV

THIS TV

Antenna TV

Apologies if I've already posted these.
These are wonderful, thanks! I'll send them on to the webmaster and make sure they're up. Hmmm....might make up a small flyer for the convention, too, since the contact info for all of these is for email rather than snail mail.

Thanks again!
Jan
Old July 13 2014, 01:20 AM   #261
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

Please try to understand this, it is not no reruns or any thing like that, the computers I am telling you about that it has o'most that the person needs to start up a new show with the 8 or 10 hard drives that you need. No one knows where the computers are at do to no one knows of where the computers are. See the name of the computer I am talking about they still work but no one like to talk about the name of the computer.
I will give you the name and you all can look it up then. It is the amiga computer and there was about 6 of the A3000, and maybe 4 A4000T, and maybe 2 A2000?. They just need to get the hard drive from them. This is what I am talking about no reruns of the show.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

Retro TV

THIS TV

Antenna TV

Good suggestions to go along with MeTV. I wish I had Antenna-- they've got some good stuff, including It Takes A Thief and WKRP.
Old July 13 2014, 02:35 AM   #262
Jan
Commodore

kennysmith wrote: View Post
Please try to understand this, it is not no reruns or any thing like that, the computers I am telling you about that it has o'most that the person needs to start up a new show with the 8 or 10 hard drives that you need. No one knows where the computers are at do to no one knows of where the computers are. See the name of the computer I am talking about they still work but no one like to talk about the name of the computer.
I will give you the name and you all can look it up then. It is the amiga computer and there was about 6 of the A3000, and maybe 4 A4000T, and maybe 2 A2000?. They just need to get the hard drive from them. This is what I am talking about no reruns of the show.
Kennysmith....with respect, perhaps you'd like to start your own thread rather than continuing to try to sidetrack this one? This thread is about the Free Babylon 5 campaign. It *is* about getting the show back in front of viewers by way of reruns. It's *not* about hard drives or 20-year-old computers.

JMS' panel at San Diego Comic-Con was in the Saturday schedule unveiling:

Comic-Con special guest JMS is having a Renaissance (much as the European Renaissance followed the Black Plague, but you didn't hear that from us). His Image-based imprint Joe's Comics has produced such titles as Dream Police, Sidekick, Ten Grand, and The Adventures of Apocalypse Al, alongside writing a Terminator maxiseries for Dark Horse and a Twilight Zone maxiseries for Dynamite. His new TV series Sense8 (written and produced with the Wachowskis) began filming this past June for Netflix via Studio JMS, and he has four new TV series in development, in addition to writing the new Shadowman movie for Valiant. Get the latest news on secret upcoming projects, a sneak peek into the production of Sense8, and other surprises.
Saturday July 26, 2014 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Room 7AB
...which also doesn't directly relate to #FreeBabylon5 except that I'd love the opportunity to drape a #FreeBabylon5 lanyard on him or see if he'd wear a badge ribbon or button.

Jan
Old July 13 2014, 10:02 AM   #263
RJDiogenes

Jan wrote: View Post

Retro TV

THIS TV

Antenna TV

These are wonderful, thanks! I'll send them on to the webmaster and make sure they're up. Hmmm....might make up a small flyer for the convention, too, since the contact info for all of these is for email rather than snail mail.

Thanks again!
Jan
Here's another one: Cozi TV. I forgot about it because the Boston feed is mostly infomercials, but it's another possibility for you.
Old July 13 2014, 02:44 PM   #264
Jan
Commodore

Thanks, RJDiogenes

I may have mentioned that I'll be handing out envelopes addressed to the head of Warner Bros. Entertainment

Kevin Tsujihara, CEO
Warner Bros. Entertainment
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505

at San Diego Comic-Con at my panel. I'm also going to have more at my table as well as some to

Bonnie Hammer, Chairman
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group
100 Universal City Plaza, 14th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

at the table. This might cover a number of individual channels all at once.

If all of you reading could make a special effort to do some mailing, e- or snail-, the week of the con (July 23-28) it would really be appreciated! Loud and organized is what we need.

Jan
Old July 14 2014, 01:10 AM   #265
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

I am real sorry but if the person don't get any of the hard drive back in his hands you will not see B-5 back on the air at all.

Thanks, RJDiogenes

I may have mentioned that I'll be handing out envelopes addressed to the head of Warner Bros. Entertainment

Kevin Tsujihara, CEO
Warner Bros. Entertainment
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505

at San Diego Comic-Con at my panel. I'm also going to have more at my table as well as some to

Bonnie Hammer, Chairman
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group
100 Universal City Plaza, 14th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

at the table. This might cover a number of individual channels all at once.

If all of you reading could make a special effort to do some mailing, e- or snail-, the week of the con (July 23-28) it would really be appreciated! Loud and organized is what we need.

Jan
Old July 14 2014, 01:55 AM   #266
Jan
Commodore

I am real sorry but if the person don't get any of the hard drive back in his hands you will not see B-5 back on the air at all.
You mean *new* B5? Why not? You may have seen the Lost Tales? New CGI and it was gorgeous. I understand that many 'unofficial' CGI files were found and used in making the Legend of the Rangers movie, for that matter. While I'm certain that there might be a convenience factor, certainly a historic significance to the original data, it's utterly unnecessary.

As for seeing B5 back on the air in reruns, that's already happening. We just need more of it.

Jan
Old July 14 2014, 01:00 PM   #267
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Please try to understand this.....

Rich, because even after reading three times through the first few sentences that followed, I STILL could barely understand what was being said.

Oh and I know Americans pronounce it "DOOO", but that still does not change the spelling. It's "due" as in, "due to bad weather, all flights are grounded."

Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 05:45 AM   #268
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Retro TV

THIS TV

Antenna TV

Thanks again!
Jan
You're welcome.

A few more I forgot to mention:

TV Land

Nick at Nite

Deja View (Canadian version of TV Land and Nick At Nite)

Vision TV (Canadian religious channel with a liberal slant, could show Babylon 5 [has shown Quantum Leap in the past])

Here's another one: Cozi TV. I forgot about it because the Boston feed is mostly infomercials, but it's another possibility for you.
Oh crap, forgot about that one myself-thanks for the heads-up.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 09:38 AM   #269
RJDiogenes

No problem. I had no idea there were so many retro channels.
Old July 15 2014, 11:57 AM   #270
Jan
Commodore

I had no idea there were so many retro channels.
And yet they all seem to play the same shows over and over. In fact, I'm reasonably sure that shows do rotate among channel groups.

This works wonderfully. Targeting both individual stations as well as corporate executives, maybe, just maybe we can get some action going.

Thanks all!

Jan