RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 144,684
Posts: 5,687,037
Members: 25,658
Currently online: 418
Newest member: haostmuk

TrekToday headlines

Worf Vinyl Bust Bank
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Independent Star Trek Fan Film Awards Announced
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Vulcan Pays Tribute To Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Rumor Mill: Star Trek 3 Filming Location
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Retro Review: Time and Again
By: Michelle on Apr 25

USS Enterprise Model To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Vulcan Nimoy Tribute
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Pegg Writing Kickass Role For Elba
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Galaxy Quest To Become A Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Mulgrew On Voyager Twentieth Anniversary
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 3 2013, 05:56 PM   #1
jazzstick
Lieutenant Commander
 
jazzstick's Avatar
 
Location: The Darkside of The Moon
Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

Hey Everybody!

Have you guys ever notice how Star Trek keeps creeping up in other places?

Check this out:



This is one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite musicians Allan Holdsworth and yes that's him as a kid in the Atavachron!

Holdsworth is a Trekkie!

Where have you guys seen Trek?
__________________
Sokath - his eyes uncovered.
jazzstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 06:12 PM   #2
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

Lot's of Trek references in The Big Bang Theory, some of the Trek actors have appeared on the show too.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 06:16 PM   #3
jazzstick
Lieutenant Commander
 
jazzstick's Avatar
 
Location: The Darkside of The Moon
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Lot's of Trek references in The Big Bang Theory, some of the Trek actors have appeared on the show too.


Never watched that show...
__________________
Sokath - his eyes uncovered.
jazzstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 06:42 PM   #4
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore
 
LOKAI of CHERON's Avatar
 
Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

jazzstick wrote: View Post
Hey Everybody!

Have you guys ever notice how Star Trek keeps creeping up in other places?

Check this out:



This is one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite musicians Allan Holdsworth and yes that's him as a kid in the Atavachron!

Holdsworth is a Trekkie!

Where have you guys seen Trek?
Holdsworth is one of my favourite guitarists. A truly PHENOMENAL musical talent. Atavachron is an excellent recording, but Metal Fatigue remains my favourite AH album.
__________________
YOU MONOTONE HUMANS ARE ALL ALIKE... FIRST YOU CONDEMN, THEN ATTACK.
LOKAI of CHERON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 07:14 PM   #5
jazzstick
Lieutenant Commander
 
jazzstick's Avatar
 
Location: The Darkside of The Moon
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
jazzstick wrote: View Post
Hey Everybody!

Have you guys ever notice how Star Trek keeps creeping up in other places?

Check this out:



This is one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite musicians Allan Holdsworth and yes that's him as a kid in the Atavachron!

Holdsworth is a Trekkie!

Where have you guys seen Trek?
Holdsworth is one of my favourite guitarists. A truly PHENOMENAL musical talent. Atavachron is an excellent recording, but Metal Fatigue remains my favourite AH album.

Fo show!
__________________
Sokath - his eyes uncovered.
jazzstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Gojira
Commodore
 
Gojira's Avatar
 
Location: Stompin' on Tokyo
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

jazzstick wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Lot's of Trek references in The Big Bang Theory, some of the Trek actors have appeared on the show too.


Never watched that show...
It is a great show!! Give it a try!!
__________________
My Science Fiction-Fantasy movie review Blog: http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 02:47 AM   #7
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

Tons of shows have made Star Trek references: Farscape, Lost, Warehouse 13, Saturday Night Live. And the movie Crimson Tide has Denzel Washington giving a pep talk to a crew member by comparing him to Scotty on Star Trek.
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 04:53 AM   #8
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: Spock of Ages
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

From Green Lantern in the 70s



From X-Men in the 70s

Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 03:23 PM   #9
jpv2000
Captain
 
jpv2000's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, United States
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

In Stargate I seem to remember O'Neill wanting to name their ship Enterprise, but they wouldn't let him. It's been a while so I could be confusing this with another show.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 03:31 PM   #10
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

When Earth produced it's first FTL fighter, O'Neill wanted to use "Red Five" (from Star Wars) for it's call sign.


T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 06:18 PM   #11
B.J.
Rear Admiral
 
B.J.'s Avatar
 
Location: Huntsville, AL, USA
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

Go watch an episode of the most recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series on Nickelodeon. Just about every episode, the Turtles are watching a cartoon called "Space Heroes", which is a very blatant parody of TAS, including the Filmation style and the strange closeups! Take a look at the gallery near the end of this page.
__________________
B.J. --- bj-o23.deviantart.com
B.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 07:04 PM   #12
Whoa Nellie
Fleet Captain
 
Whoa Nellie's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

jpv2000 wrote: View Post
In Stargate I seem to remember O'Neill wanting to name their ship Enterprise, but they wouldn't let him. It's been a while so I could be confusing this with another show.
You are remembering that correctly. Star Gate SG1 has a ton of Trek references sprinkled through the series. In one episode during a flight check, O'Neill asks, "Phasers?" and Carter replies, "Sorry, Sir."

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie
__________________
Recipient of the 2006 Alara Rogers ASC Award for Best Author Overall.
"I personally like to think Picard and Vash had a very active sex life. I can't believe Picard just read Shakespeare up there in his room all those years." Patrick Stewart.
Whoa Nellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2013, 10:59 PM   #13
jpv2000
Captain
 
jpv2000's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, United States
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

Whoa Nellie wrote: View Post
jpv2000 wrote: View Post
In Stargate I seem to remember O'Neill wanting to name their ship Enterprise, but they wouldn't let him. It's been a while so I could be confusing this with another show.
You are remembering that correctly. Star Gate SG1 has a ton of Trek references sprinkled through the series. In one episode during a flight check, O'Neill asks, "Phasers?" and Carter replies, "Sorry, Sir."

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie
Thanks, good to know I'm not senile yet.

I remember the "Phasers?" comment now that you mention it as well. I loved Stargate and O'Neill in particular.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2013, 12:54 AM   #14
Captain Kathryn
Commodore
 
Captain Kathryn's Avatar
 
Location: Quark's Bar
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

How about it's amazing recent pop-up on Breaking Bad?




And the awesome animated version made by a guy on here, I believe.

__________________
Once there was a grocery man whose name was simply Louie...until the day his store blew up and his produce went kablewie.

Dead Lazlo's Place
Captain Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2013, 01:25 AM   #15
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: Star Trek in Non-Star Trek Places

Pizza 9! Yum.
__________________
If you can read this signature, you're dying.
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.