RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 403
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 31 2013, 07:40 AM   #31
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Data for new Poll

DoctorZ wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Andrew_Kearley wrote: View Post

That's the USS Enterprise out then!
Haven't we only had one animated/cartoon ship mentioned so far the Planet Express Ship. After all do we class the Gerry Anderson shows as animated/cartoon. Well they certainly are not animated and whilst they are aimed at children they're not really cartoons.

But I take it what the OP means is live action TV/Film only.
I thought Thunderbirds was a cartoon? Maybe there are two different Thunderbirds?
Actually there is, the Gerry Anderson supermarionation Thunderbirds or as someone has already said puppets but the term Marionette would be more appropriate.

As for the second it was an animated show from the 1980's (I think) that Gerry Anderson was not invovled with from Japan (I think) called Thuderbirds 2086.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 08:24 AM   #32
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

Liberator (Blakes 7)
This is the one I was going to suggest.
Miss Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 07:13 PM   #33
MacLeod
Admiral

Has the JMC Red Dwarf (Red Dwarf) been mentioned yet?
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2013, 08:03 AM   #34
DoctorZ
Ensign

Kestrel wrote: View Post
DoctorZ wrote: View Post
What's with all the votes for Firefly? Captain Reynolds may be a match for Kirk, but his ship certainly isn't.

So far the most powerful ship I've seen in the lists is Andromeda. In fact, I've tried to think of any single ship in all of sci fi that could take on Andromeda and win. Any other opinions?
The TARDIS, natch. I love Rommie, but Sexy's got her number.

And wait, I thought you were asking for favorite ship, not "who could win in a fight." In terms of popularity Serenity is certainly top 10.
Well you don't know what the Poll question is going to be yet. However, I'll give you a hint, you're gonna want the most powerful Sci-Fi ships ever, friendly or unfriendly. Think, fending off a fleet of Planet Killers from Star Trek: The Doomsday Machine, or an all out attack by Species 8472; although I'll allow a single war ship of Species 8472. I still can't think of anything that could take on Andromeda in a one-on-one match and win though.