To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old September 3 2013, 11:15 PM   #91
Dream
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Classic Fan wrote: View Post
Why cant they just stop dicking about with releases like this. How difficult is it to release the same issue worldwide? Extremely by the looks.
It's all about the stores making as much money as possible, NOT about making fans happy!
Old September 3 2013, 11:42 PM   #92
James

Dream wrote: View Post
Why cant they just stop dicking about with releases like this. How difficult is it to release the same issue worldwide? Extremely by the looks.
It's all about the stores making as much money as possible, NOT about making fans happy!
How is that new Trek working out for you Abrams fans now? The classic Trek fans were treated well, new Trek fans are getting hosed.
  Received Infraction
Old September 3 2013, 11:45 PM   #93
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

Yeah, i get that. We all know what theyre upto.

But lets face it, we wouldnt be fans if we were all happy.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Old September 3 2013, 11:52 PM   #94
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

James wrote: View Post
How is that new Trek working out for you Abrams fans now?
Fantastic. We just got a great Star Trek movie a few months back and soon we'll own it, so we can see it again whenever we want.

The classic Trek fans were treated well, new Trek fans are getting hosed.
The vast majority of people posting around here, including myself, are what you call classic fans.

Old September 3 2013, 11:53 PM   #95
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

How is that new Trek working out for you Abrams fans now? The classic Trek fans were treated well, new Trek fans are getting hosed.
LOL.

On the contrary, I'm not an Abrams Trek fan and i appreciate the fact we still have trek in film. I like the direction JJ is taking it, and i like the films as films, but they're not the Star Trek i grew up with and love.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Old September 3 2013, 11:54 PM   #96
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
How is that new Trek working out for you Abrams fans now?
Fantastic. We just got a great Star Trek movie a few months back and soon we'll own it, so we can see it again whenever we want.

The classic Trek fans were treated well, new Trek fans are getting hosed.
The vast majority of people posting around here, including myself, are what you call classic fans.

Thanks for pointing it out, thats exactly why i chose my username ten years ago, i love TOS.
Old September 4 2013, 05:26 AM   #97
Devon
Fleet Captain

The classic Trek fans were treated well,
Yes, how did that 4th season of The Original Series work out for you?
Old September 4 2013, 05:45 AM   #98
Opus
Commodore

The classic Trek fans were treated well
That is the funniest statement I've heard yet from a "TruTrekkie".

Glasses, thy color is rose.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Old September 4 2013, 07:50 AM   #99
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Another warning. Comments to PM.

Everyone else: do not feed what doesn't need to be fed.
Old September 4 2013, 12:14 PM   #100
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

We cover the iTunes commentary at TrekCore: http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/09/int...ed-commentary/
Old September 4 2013, 12:54 PM   #101
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

Aatrek wrote: View Post
We cover the iTunes commentary at TrekCore: http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/09/int...ed-commentary/
Nice observations.

I too am not expecting them to re-release it with full compliment of features. But never mind. Least there is no extra charge for it, thats something.

Is there word on if this is a limited release or will it be available for the foreseeable future?

Thanks dude.
Old September 4 2013, 01:44 PM   #102
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

Aatrek wrote: View Post
Is there word on if this is a limited release or will it be available for the foreseeable future?
Don't know. The digital download code has like a one-or-two year expiration date, but I don't know if that means the commentary file won't be available after that date or not.
Old September 4 2013, 01:52 PM   #103
KirkusOveractus
Captain

Send a message via AIM to KirkusOveractus

Oh, you mean like when Paramount was releasing the Trek movies on DVD containing only the movie (not even the trailers on the disc) and charging more than a comparable movie with bonus features (sometimes 2 discs), only to have them release "Director's Editions" and "Special Collector's Editions" later on to milk more money out of the fans?

And I'm not just an Abrams fan, junior. I'm a Star Trek fan.
Old September 4 2013, 02:05 PM   #104
bbailey861
Admiral

KirkusOveractus wrote: View Post
Oh, you mean like when Paramount was releasing the Trek movies on DVD containing only the movie (not even the trailers on the disc) and charging more than a comparable movie with bonus features (sometimes 2 discs), only to have them release "Director's Editions" and "Special Collector's Editions" later on to milk more money out of the fans?

And I'm not just an Abrams fan, junior. I'm a Star Trek fan.
Exactly. You beat me to the punch. I am not happy with how this marketing fiasco turned out and as a result cancelled my order with Amazon. That being said, I still fully intend on buying the movie because I enjoyed the ride. I just can't say, at this point, whose copy I'll get - or when I'll get it. I still believe retailer incentives should be limited to tangible items packaged in with the discs - not the 'special feature' videos themselves.
Old September 4 2013, 02:44 PM   #105
geneo
Lieutenant

And if you don't make the fans happy then your future product will not be received well. I mean making the fans happy is your bread and butter. If it weren't for Star Trek fans the movies would not be here in the first place. Keep your fans happy should be #1 priority and the $ will follow.
Closed Thread