RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,589
Posts: 5,515,491
Members: 25,159
Currently online: 643
Newest member: Horizons96

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 10 2014, 10:55 PM   #1
Synnöve
Lieutenant
 
Synnöve's Avatar
 
Location: PNW
Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Frakes

Cinerama is having a Sci-fi fest soon, and among the greatness there will be showings of WOK and FC, with the FC showing being followed by a QA with Frakes!

Rare chance to see these films on one of the biggest curved screens in the world.
Synnöve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Synnöve wrote: View Post
Cinerama is having a Sci-fi fest soon, and among the greatness there will be showings of WOK and FC, with the FC showing being followed by a QA with Frakes!

Rare chance to see these films on one of the biggest curved screens in the world.
Ooh, I'm so jealous.

Just to show my age, I first saw 2001 at the Seattle Cinerama--during its original run!
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

OMG, when?!
Peach Wookiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2014, 11:40 PM   #4
Synnöve
Lieutenant
 
Synnöve's Avatar
 
Location: PNW
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Just to show my age, I first saw 2001 at the Seattle Cinerama--during its original run!
That must have been amazing! I saw it in 70MM there about a year ago, but I'm going again as they are showing a brand new 70MM print with a QA afterwards featuring Doug Trumbull.
Synnöve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2014, 12:04 AM   #5
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Synnöve wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Just to show my age, I first saw 2001 at the Seattle Cinerama--during its original run!
That must have been amazing! I saw it in 70MM there about a year ago, but I'm going again as they are showing a brand new 70MM print with a QA afterwards featuring Doug Trumbull.
To be honest, I was only eight at the time, so the psychedelic ending flew way above my head, but I still remember the experience vividly!
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2014, 12:11 AM   #6
Aldo
Admiral
 
Aldo's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Well that sucks, why couldn't this have been happening when I was living in the Seattle area?
__________________
Don't believe everything I say.
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2014, 04:44 AM   #7
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Synnöve wrote: View Post
Cinerama is having a Sci-fi fest soon, and among the greatness there will be showings of WOK and FC, with the FC showing being followed by a QA with Frakes!

Rare chance to see these films on one of the biggest curved screens in the world.
Ohh so cool! Wish I was up there!
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2014, 11:21 PM   #8
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Any further word about this? Jonathan Frakes fans - and their numbers are vast (obviously) - would be very curious to know ... myself, included! More information, please!
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 12:33 AM   #9
Borjis
Commodore
 
Borjis's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek II & First Contact Playing at Seattle Cinerama, QA w/ Fr

Last Sunday May 4th
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.