TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old August 25 2013, 03:13 AM   #1
cbspock
Rear Admiral

Deluxe soundtrack?

Has there been any word on if they are going to release a complete soundtrack to Into Darkness? I really love that cue when the Vengeance appears, it sounded like there was a blaster beam used.

-Chris
Old August 25 2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Opus
Commodore

Re: Deluxe soundtrack?

Only two films haven't gotten the Expanded Soundtrack release - STiD and NEM. Looking forward to both.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Old August 25 2013, 08:52 PM   #3
drt
Commander

The ST'09 extended soundtrack didn't get released until June 2010 if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't expect to see it until sometime next year at the earliest.
Old May 29 2014, 01:00 PM   #4
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

No word on this? Wasn't the Star Trek deluxe soundtrack announced Memorial Day weekend?
Old May 29 2014, 02:19 PM   #5
Tosk
Rear Admiral

There's no official release of an expanded STID soundtrack so far.
Old May 29 2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Jeyl
Commodore

There's the possibility that the original sound track release for STID didn't sell that well so Varese probably won't be releasing a deluxe edition anytime soon.
Old May 29 2014, 06:59 PM   #7
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Opus wrote: View Post
Only two films haven't gotten the Expanded Soundtrack release - STiD and NEM. Looking forward to both.
Meanwhile, between Intrada and LaLaLand Records, every other Star Trek film's soundtracks have been re-released as expanded editions, since at least 2009.

drt wrote: View Post
The ST'09 extended soundtrack didn't get released until June 2010 if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't expect to see it until sometime next year at the earliest.
Stevil2001 wrote: View Post
No word on this? Wasn't the Star Trek deluxe soundtrack announced Memorial Day weekend?
We read the announcement on Memorial Day 2010 after the barbecue we hosted at my place. IndySolo was the one who found the message. I ordered my copy on 6/4/2010, ten days before it was released (I think June 4 was the day Varese opened online orders.)

I've not heard anything about a Deluxe Edition soundtrack for Star Trek Into Darkness recently, but I'd certainly buy it if it's ever released. I too had hoped an announcement would come this past weekend, but there's really nothing that should suggest or imply or demand really that it come. If Varese decides to make the album available, great. If not, it's ok. I've got the original album.
Old May 29 2014, 09:32 PM   #8
The Cubed Ho
Fleet Captain

God forbid they'd've released the entire soundtrack last year and spared us the double-dipping. (That goes for recent STAR WARS prequels as well.) But they know many will pay for multiple TV GUIDE and ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY covers for hot properties, so we'll get later what we'll pay for.

The present STID soundtrack was way underwhelming to me. I liked the ''Kirk kicking the warp coil'' moment, but little else. It also would've been better to have the end credits theme on it, even though it's nearly identical to 2009's end theme.
Old May 30 2014, 04:14 AM   #9
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

I didn't buy the original into Darkness soundtrack because I got bit by double-dipping last time. But now that I have the Nemesis deluxe soundtrack, there's this gaping hole in my collection!
Old May 30 2014, 08:39 PM   #10
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

I didn't buy the original into Darkness soundtrack because I got bit by double-dipping last time. But now that I have the Nemesis deluxe soundtrack, there's this gaping hole in my collection!
This is my exact situation. I own all the movie soundtracks in deluxe/expanded format, and have been patiently waiting for STID. I really wish there was a clear indication of intent for a SE release. If it's a no go, I'd happily pony up for the current CD.
Old May 31 2014, 08:39 PM   #11
Kevman7987
Captain

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
This is my exact situation. I own all the movie soundtracks in deluxe/expanded format, and have been patiently waiting for STID. I really wish there was a clear indication of intent for a SE release. If it's a no go, I'd happily pony up for the current CD.
But then everyone waiting for the expanded version buys the original making it earn enough money so they release an expanded/deluxe version anyway.
Old June 2 2014, 06:05 PM   #12
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

God forbid anyone have two different version of the same thing...

I get the hesitation to double-dip, but it's not like you can't re-sell the original release if you have to. eBay, Amazon Marketplace, or your local CD stores are all viable options, people.
Old June 2 2014, 08:20 PM   #13
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
God doesn't forbid, but my pocketbook does.

I get the hesitation to double-dip, but it's not like you can't re-sell the original release if you have to. eBay, Amazon Marketplace, or your local CD stores are all viable options, people.
Looking at the Marketplace costs for the soundtrack to the 2009 film suggests I would lose about $10 if I did this. Sounds great.
Old June 2 2014, 09:33 PM   #14
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Old June 2 2014, 09:50 PM   #15
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I tend to agree with doubleohfive here. Of all the things I've double-dipped on where Trek is concerned, a soundtrack would represent a drop in the bucket.