RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,448
Posts: 5,507,980
Members: 25,131
Currently online: 532
Newest member: xunixan

TrekToday headlines

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 8 2013, 07:49 PM   #1
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
R2-D2 found in STID

I don't think this was mentioned before. Sucked out after the Vengeance fires on the Enterprise while at warp.

__________________

SalvorHardin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 07:53 PM   #2
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

Why does Abrams insist on continuing to rape my childhood? Wasn't once enough?
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral
 
Chemahkuu's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

Considering this is the second time the little guy has been blasted off a starship in these films, no.

It'll be interesting to see if he survives to get blown up a third time in the next film.

They should work that into Star Wars 7

"RS-D2, where the hell have you been?"
*whatever the hell passes as speech for him*
"Well serves you right for stowing away on their ships for 12 years!"
__________________
"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake."
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Rhovanion
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

BillJ wrote: View Post
Why does Abrams insist on continuing to rape my childhood? Wasn't once enough?
You can never eat just one.
__________________
Whatever happens on earth, that up there, that's the endgame.
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:15 PM   #5
austen_pierce
Captain
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

Is this for real?
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:15 PM   #6
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
Is this for real?
Yes. Easy to verify if you have the dvd/blu-ray.
__________________

SalvorHardin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:28 PM   #7
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral
 
MauriceNavidad's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

It's an in-joke. Might be ILM's idea.

Artoo's made cameos in effects shots going all the way back to Close Encounters of the Third Kind (link).
__________________
* * *
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
― Winston S. Churchill
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:30 PM   #8
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

That's it: Astromechs are now canon to the new timeline.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:32 PM   #9
YellowSubmarine
Rear Admiral
 
YellowSubmarine's Avatar
 
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
"RS-D2, where the hell have you been?"
*whatever the hell passes as speech for him*
"Well serves you right for stowing away on their ships for 12 years!"


That will be fucking awesome.
__________________
R.I.P. Cadet James T. Kirk (-1651)
YellowSubmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:35 PM   #10
beamMe
Fleet Captain
 
beamMe's Avatar
 
Location: Europa
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

VFX-artist can be just as nerdy as us fans here; hence the Enterprise in BSG's rag-tag fleet or the Millennium Falcon on the Rodger Young in Starship Troopers
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:37 PM   #11
Opus
Commodore
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Location: Bloom County
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

Naboo is part of The Federation.
__________________
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:47 PM   #12
Dick_Valentine
Commander
 
Location: Birmingham, UK (Not Alabama)
View Dick_Valentine's Twitter Profile
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

beamMe wrote: View Post
VFX-artist can be just as nerdy as us fans here; hence the Enterprise in BSG's rag-tag fleet or the Millennium Falcon on the Rodger Young in Starship Troopers
I'd love to see pics of these!

Also, now we're in a HD world has anyone got a screencap of the Millenium falcon in the big fleet battle against the Borg at the beginning of first contact?
I remember reading ages ago exactly where it is supposed to be and how to spot it, but I could never see it with my non HD-eyes
__________________
I don't care what anyone thinks, when I hit the iceberg the iceberg sinks!
Dick_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 08:53 PM   #13
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

Dick_Valentine wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
VFX-artist can be just as nerdy as us fans here; hence the Enterprise in BSG's rag-tag fleet or the Millennium Falcon on the Rodger Young in Starship Troopers
I'd love to see pics of these!

Also, now we're in a HD world has anyone got a screencap of the Millenium falcon in the big fleet battle against the Borg at the beginning of first contact?
I remember reading ages ago exactly where it is supposed to be and how to spot it, but I could never see it with my non HD-eyes
It's only a little bit clearer in HD
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/in...crossovers.htm
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 09:07 PM   #14
Dick_Valentine
Commander
 
Location: Birmingham, UK (Not Alabama)
View Dick_Valentine's Twitter Profile
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
Dick_Valentine wrote: View Post
beamMe wrote: View Post
VFX-artist can be just as nerdy as us fans here; hence the Enterprise in BSG's rag-tag fleet or the Millennium Falcon on the Rodger Young in Starship Troopers
I'd love to see pics of these!

Also, now we're in a HD world has anyone got a screencap of the Millenium falcon in the big fleet battle against the Borg at the beginning of first contact?
I remember reading ages ago exactly where it is supposed to be and how to spot it, but I could never see it with my non HD-eyes
It's only a little bit clearer in HD
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/in...crossovers.htm
Thank you very much!

For some reason I was looking at the final Borg Cube explosion, so I never had a chance!
__________________
I don't care what anyone thinks, when I hit the iceberg the iceberg sinks!
Dick_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 09:44 PM   #15
F. King Daniel
Admiral
 
F. King Daniel's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: R2-D2 found in STID

How long until the R2/Khan fanfics start pouring in?
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
F. King Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.