RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,730
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 968
Newest member: DeimosAnimus

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old August 12 2013, 01:48 PM   #31
Andrew_Kearley
Captain

Re: the non-canonical doctors in TV/film

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
There's some Canadian book series called "The Doctor Who Project" or something where it depicts an alternate reality if Doctor Who wasn't cancelled in 1989 and the classic series was still going today.
James Bow's Trenchcoat was the pioneering work in the genre. I believe the first issue of that fanzine came out in 1991. Trenchcoat presented itself as the Target novelizations of Edward Peel-Smith's (and later John Thaw's) seasons as the Doctor, along with fake Radio Times listings and newspaper articles. The Doctor Who Project is following in Bow's footsteps.
In the same vein the Bullseye Books series, with Robert Hardy as the Doctor, came out around the same time. Can't remember who did that now. In fact, James and me had a sort of friendly rivalry going about the whole thing, when we discovered we were covering the same sort of ground. (And indeed he even introduced me to one of his artists, Martin Proctor.) I always admire James for persevering with the project far more than I ever managed to!

Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures
Andrew_Kearley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2013, 09:03 PM   #32
publiusr
Commodore

Re: the non-canonical doctors in TV/film

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
"Doctor Who: The Forgotten Doctor" which features the first black doctor. I think his clothes were pretty similar to Atkinson's in Fatal Death actually. Here's a page all about it.

publiusr wrote: View Post
I just say that Atkinson was actually McGann's incarnation--he just got a grazing hit from The Master's tissue compression gun.
Where did you hear that from? And also, I remember the Master saying that it was the ninth doctor.
That was just a joke on my part. I was thinking--I'd like to see Katt Williams as the Doctor.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote