Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 25 2013, 11:05 PM   #631
Chuck Finley
Commander

Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Skyler maybe, but I can't see that happening to Walt Jr. He's an innocent in all this from the beginning. I highly doubt they would go there, even Gilligan.

I just hope they don't do a Sopranos with it. Wasn't cool then, sure as shit ain't cool now.
Plenty of innocents have died on this show.

I was afraid they'd kill Skyler last week, when Todd and Friends showed up in Holly's bedroom.
I was worried about that too.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 11:37 PM   #632
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I was more concerned Skyler would commit suicide than be killed by somebody else. Something about the way that bedroom scene was staged, it didn't seem like they would kill her there.

Breaking Bad is relentless but the deaths (Other than those in season 2) tend to be a logical consequence of the events leading up to them. At least, I would hope the writers are smart enough that if Walter Jr dies it's because Walter did something to logically cause it and not just for shock value.

That's the only way an innocent death would bother me in the finale, if it were done for shock value and not as a logical result of the story.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 12:10 AM   #633
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I just hope they don't do a Sopranos with it. Wasn't cool then, sure as shit ain't cool now.
This is about the only thing that I am fairly certain won't happen in the finale. Not because I had a problem with the way The Sopranos ended, I didn't, it was fine for that show, but would not work for BB at all.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 12:20 AM   #634
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

What are we all going to do come Monday when there is never anymore Breaking Bad again?

I'm thinking about taking up drinking, or maybe some meth.
Old September 26 2013, 12:34 AM   #635
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
What are we all going to do come Monday when there is never anymore Breaking Bad again?
I'm going to start watching another series I haven't seen yet, like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black or maybe even Sons of Anarchy.

I'm thinking about taking up drinking, or maybe some meth.
That works too.
Old September 26 2013, 12:37 AM   #636
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I'm going to start watching another series I haven't seen yet, like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black or maybe even Sons of Anarchy.

I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I do believe that all three are excellent.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 12:47 AM   #637
Seven of Five
Commodore

What is Sons of Anarchy about? Orange is the New Black is really very good, and is probably my most anticipated returning show for next year, unless Homeland has a good comeback. With House of Cards, I saw the first episode and struggled to get into it.

The good news is that after binge-watching Dexter's final 'hurrah,' I truly believe that Walt and Jesse could reconcile and sing Disney songs to each other for the whole episode, and I still wouldn't be as disappointed as that pile of garbage.
Old September 26 2013, 01:15 AM   #638
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

^ Sons of Anarchy is about a outlaw biker club in California, their group dynamic and power struggles, their families and how they are affected by their criminal enterprises, drugs, etc. So, sort of similarly themed to Breaking Bad, though the characters and events are very different. But that's just my impression from seeing some commercials and clips and reading stuff online; I haven't actually seen the show yet.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I do believe that all three are excellent.
From what I've read here over the years you are a man of impeccable taste, sir. Your opinion counts for a lot.
Old September 26 2013, 12:45 PM   #639
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

My plan is to play Grand Theft Auto 5, dress Michael up as Walt, and drive into the desert in an RV.

For some extra titillation, I'll randomly crash a plane into another plane.

Seven of Five wrote: View Post
Orange is the New Black is really very good, and is probably my most anticipated returning show for next year, unless Homeland has a good comeback. With House of Cards, I saw the first episode and struggled to get into it.
I'm the opposite, I watched the first episode of Orange and it didn't appeal to me, but I'm looking forward to the next season of House of Cards.

HoC is weird in that every aspect of the production is excellent, except for the writing, which ranges from passable to good. There's a reason why it was nominated for Emmys in directing, editing, cinematography, music, casting, and acting, but not writing. A great show overall and well worth a watch, but not an A+ grade show like Breaking Bad.
Old September 26 2013, 12:47 PM   #640
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

For anyone who hasn't seen it, go watch The Wire. Do it!
Old September 26 2013, 09:13 PM   #641
Seven of Five
Commodore

The Wire is an excellent series, though I find it hard to watch. I've only seen it all the way through once, but I'd highly recommend it. Well written and acted; the show truly inhabits the city it represents.

Hmm, TheGodBen, maybe I'll give House of Cards another try if you take Orange is the New Black for another spin? The pilot is a good starting point, but the episodes after show the world coming together in a way I didn't expect. The inmates are brilliantly characterised, and there are excellent moments of drama and humour.

Last edited by Seven of Five; September 26 2013 at 09:38 PM.
Seven of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 09:17 PM   #642
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are both pretty good. I know The Shield has been mentioned, too, and I'd give that one another recommendation.
Old September 26 2013, 11:52 PM   #643
Occupy TNZ
I Can't Afford A Lobbyist

House of Cards is very enjoyable, Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are fucking brilliant. Really liked it and can't wait for season 2.

Sons is really good fun but you have to suspend some disbelief there.

The Wire is where it's at though if you haven't seen it.
Old September 27 2013, 02:31 AM   #644
Jax
Admiral

If you haven't watched "The Wire" then do so though for me am looking at Damages on Netflix for my new show with Breaking Bad ending though I will watch Orange is the New Black probably.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 04:26 AM   #645
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Damages is awesome, more so the first and third seasons. Just like Breaking Bad the weakest is the second season.