Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 23 2013, 08:30 PM   #586
billcosby
Commodore

Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
And what's it gotten him? Now he's got $11 million in cash and nothing else. He has all this money but it can't buy what he wants the most: for his family to love, respect, and need him.
This. I think that's the bottom line.

There are a lot of theories about Jesse coming back to gangsterland and cooking again, becoming a kingpin, etc. but I don't see it. Jesse is broken and in anguish. I expect him to take his own life if no one else does it for him. I could see him murdering Walt if he gets the chance but I think this ending is more about Walt destroying everything and everyone himself.

People still thinking that Walt would spare Jesse at this point need to watch Ozymandias again. Jesse is dead to Walt. Period. He may have felt compassion for him before but not now. He's too far over the line.

It was sad to say good bye to Saul, but then again apparently he'll have his own spin off so, great.

Watching Jesse watch Andrea(?) bite the dust was tough. Don't think for a second Todd is becoming soft, I guess. Somehow I feel they will be paying Skyler another visit.

Vince G has mentioned Scarface in interviews... does anyone else think Walt will go down in a hail of bullets? Is the gun in the trunk his 'little friend'?

Here's what I imagine next Sunday:
  • Walt goes into home, picks up that poison. Somehow gets the poison into Lydia's drink.
  • Walt blows the brains out of everyone in the nazi gang. They are armed to the teeth so maybe he'll use 'science' like he used to in the beginning. Momentarily thinks about letting Jesse go free, plugs Jesse.
  • Walt makes his last stand at Grey Matter Industries. Goes on a killing rampage with that big ass minigun in the trunk... the purpose being to destroy Grey Matter as well for that interview he watched in the bar. This may be where he's gunned down (part of his plan) by law enforcement. Better than death in a hospital?
  • Walt's efforts to get the money to his family fail. The money is somehow destroyed. I can't see anyone except Holly and Walt Jr. surviving.

Last edited by billcosby; September 23 2013 at 08:42 PM.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 08:44 PM   #587
Agent Richard07
Admiral

With Hank's evidence gone, Jesse can now turn over a new leaf, so he starts over and takes care of Brock.

Walt cuts an immunity deal with the DEA and brings down Lydia. With his new found freedom, he then faces the hard task of making amends with Skyler, Marie and the kids. It won't be easy but time heals all wounds.

Nah.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 09:15 PM   #588
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
With Hank's evidence gone, Jesse can now turn over a new leaf, so he starts over and takes care of Brock.

Walt cuts an immunity deal with the DEA and brings down Lydia. With his new found freedom, he then faces the hard task of making amends with Skyler, Marie and the kids. It won't be easy but time heals all wounds.

Nah.
If this was Dexter, that would be the ending.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 09:17 PM   #589
Chuck Finley
Commander

In talking bad last night, Vince Gilligan hinted one word for next week, woodwork. I'm thinking we well see some returning characters. Badger and Skinny Pete come to mind first, I'm not sure who else would show up, most of Walt's enemies are dead, so, I don't know.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 09:26 PM   #590
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Still working my way through the last season of Dexter. I'll be done in a day or so.

All this discussion about the ricin is fun and interesting. The show is written well enough that we're down to the last episode and it's not obvious who it's for. Is it for Lydia as suggested? Probably. Who knows. Walt needs to kill someone in such a way that it looks like natural causes or he wants that person to know they're dying. Right now, I can't think of anyone who fits that bill. I jumped on the Gretchen and Elliott bandwagon because they come closest, but they're a stretch too.

What does a man who has nothing to lose need ricin for? That's the big question.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 09:28 PM   #591
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Chuck Finley wrote: View Post
In talking bad last night, Vince Gilligan hinted one word for next week, woodwork. I'm thinking we well see some returning characters. Badger and Skinny Pete come to mind first, I'm not sure who else would show up, most of Walt's enemies are dead, so, I don't know.
The zombie season...finale!

Oh...wait...this isn't Lost. Sorry, I got swept away to a few years ago.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 10:23 PM   #592
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

That's a good point about how he deduces that they kept Jesse alive and that's the reason he left. I didn't think of that. Although from his psychopathic mind he could very well still want to murder Elliot & Gretchen because they're the one Walt blames for taking away his deserved riches in the first place.

I don't think he was spurred into action by wanting to save Jesse though. They took HIS product. They bogarted the Heisenberg legend. Nobody gets to make his product but HIM.

Besides Badger and Skinny Pete who else is still alive who has been out of the show for a while? Unless...Q remembers when he spoke to Walt at the bar, and the next day his daughter who was dating Jesse Pinkman who was tied to Walt died and comes out frothing at the mouth to make Walt suffer. Q attempted suicide if I recall correctly but was unsuccessful.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 10:33 PM   #593
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

^It wasn't stated either way, just that he had shot himself and was in critical cond.
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 10:35 PM   #594
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Emh wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Could Matt Damon and Lydia have been more suspicious-looking? Her with those big sunglasses and the two of them talking and whispering while sitting at different tables?
Yeah, this was the one thing that bugged me about this episode. They were painfully obvious about what they were doing.
I think that was the point. Lydia is woefully ill-equipped for this life. Remember, she tried to do this exact same thing with Mike, and he had none of it. He made it quite clear the the cloak and dagger act is only even more conspicuous. Todd, however, is not Mike. He's very eager to please Lydia, for obvious reasons, so of course he'll go along with the ridiculous talking across two tables without a second thought.
Old September 23 2013, 10:39 PM   #595
Scout101
Admiral

^eh, Q doesn't do anything for me there. With everything that's built up, Jayne's death is a bad one for the show to try and avenge.

Besides, he didn't even kill her, s OD'ed. He just didn't save her. And why would Q assume Walt either killed her or watched her die? I don't think there's anything in that storyline that helps, and would be a letdown, honestly.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 10:44 PM   #596
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

But if you put yourself in the father's shoes. He's driven insane by his mistake that killed over a hundred people. He sees Walter on the news, and Jesse associated with Walter. One day after he met Walter, his daughter who was dating Jesse died.

What grieving father wouldn't connect the dots if only by the Stroop effect and associate Walter inextricably with his daughter's death. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but I think it's plausible.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 11:54 PM   #597
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
But if you put yourself in the father's shoes. He's driven insane by his mistake that killed over a hundred people. He sees Walter on the news, and Jesse associated with Walter. One day after he met Walter, his daughter who was dating Jesse died.

What grieving father wouldn't connect the dots if only by the Stroop effect and associate Walter inextricably with his daughter's death. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, but I think it's plausible.
I kinda think that ship has sailed, too. I had hoped that Q might blame Jesse right after Jayne's death, since Jesse was somewhat responsible. But it didn't happen and things have moved on.

Besides, Jesse's picture isn't being flashed on the news as being an associate of Walt's. As someone else pointed out up thread, Jesse doesn't appear to even be on the DEA radar since Hank removed him from custody. So Q would have no way of tieing Jesse to Walt. And now that the aryans have removed the confession, Jesse could might just be able to go free IF he doesn't die.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 01:06 AM   #598
Tom
Rear Admiral

Didn't Jane's dad kill himself in prison? I though there was a remark in the show about it somewhere.
Old September 24 2013, 02:21 AM   #599
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

gblews wrote: View Post

Besides, Jesse's picture isn't being flashed on the news as being an associate of Walt's. As someone else pointed out up thread, Jesse doesn't appear to even be on the DEA radar since Hank removed him from custody. So Q would have no way of tieing Jesse to Walt. And now that the aryans have removed the confession, Jesse could might just be able to go free IF he doesn't die.
Lydia said that the police were looking for Jesse when Todd mentioned that they had him. That doesn't mean he's getting the media coverage that Walt is, but he is certainly on their radar.
Old September 24 2013, 02:29 AM   #600
Mr Light
Admiral

So do people expect Walt to die in the final episode? By cancer, suicide, or bullet?

Something tells me they're going to subvert expectations once again and have him survive, miserable and in prison, or on the run all alone.

Also, will his final act be good or evil? Will he sacrifice himself to rescue Jesse? Or go in there guns blazing to kill the Nazis and Jesse?

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote