RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,413
Members: 24,631
Currently online: 466
Newest member: vicky013

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 19 2013, 12:50 PM   #511
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Sweet Jesus, I wonder what could top that. You tease, Mr. Paul. I still say Walt rescues Jessie and then Jessie blows Walt's brains out anyway because of Jane. Walt was stupid as hell to fess up to that after all this time.
He clearly did it to make Jesse suffer, as payback for Hank. "You just took someone I loved away from me, now I'm going to tell you how I took someone you loved away from you." It was petty and vicious but Walt was not exactly thinking long-term in that moment.

Plus, as Borgminister said, he fully expected Jesse would be killed as soon as Todd was done getting info out of him. There's nothing to worry about as far as Walt's concerned.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 01:42 PM   #512
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Everything has already been said better by others, but I just want to say that it was an incredible episode. 6 years of story set-up and the whole shebang has finally come crashing down. Wonderful television.

It looks like the final two episodes are going to be 15 minutes longer than normal.
Old September 19 2013, 04:50 PM   #513
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I think Walt goes back to kill the Nazis once he finds out they never killed Jesse. Then he kills Jesse, and is still alive with his money back but no family and no friends. The cancer never kills him and he lives for a long time alone and sad.
Old September 19 2013, 06:28 PM   #514
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Borgminister wrote: View Post
This is how you end a series, not like Dexter...
That was precisely my Facebook status the other day after watching the most recent episode. It's a pity such a great show has slowly gone down the shitter and its final season, which had always seemed like it would be awesome, has been the opposite.

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
It looks like the final two episodes are going to be 15 minutes longer than normal.
Sweet Zombie Jesus! Why am I not watching this right now?!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 08:55 PM   #515
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Everything has already been said better by others, but I just want to say that it was an incredible episode. 6 years of story set-up and the whole shebang has finally come crashing down. Wonderful television.

More like "they will be 5 minutes longer and we will add 10 more minutes of commercials.
Old September 19 2013, 10:04 PM   #516
Mojochi
Commodore

I don't even give a shit how long or short it is, the anticipation is monumental. This will jump to the top of the list of my most missed tv show of all time, right ahead of Deadwood. TV like this is the only reason to watch tv at all. If Gilligan's next project is another tv show of this caliber, I'll deem him the greatest tv show producer of the 21st century
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 10:47 PM   #517
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Yeah, the only thing I like nearly as much as this show is Game of Thrones.
My blog
Old September 19 2013, 10:49 PM   #518
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

We have to remember Walt is emotional. Just because he was filled with rage at Jesse at the moment Hank died doesn't mean he'll feel the same way later. All Jesse did was work with Hank, Walt knows that the whole sequence of events leading to Hank's death leads straight back to him.

I think Jesse killing Walt is a high likelihood.

After season 1 and until the last five minutes of season 2 you would have expected Breaking Bad to be the sort of show where nobody ever finds out and he vanquishes another bad guy every year. I'm so glad Breaking Bad broke the mold and decided to actually progress the story.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 02:56 AM   #519
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

Mojochi wrote: View Post
I don't even give a shit how long or short it is, the anticipation is monumental. This will jump to the top of the list of my most missed tv show of all time, right ahead of Deadwood. TV like this is the only reason to watch tv at all. If Gilligan's next project is another tv show of this caliber, I'll deem him the greatest tv show producer of the 21st century
If Vince Gilligan made a new Star Trek series, all would be right with the world.
Old September 20 2013, 10:19 AM   #520
Mojochi
Commodore

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I think Jesse killing Walt is a high likelihood.
I've said all along, there's only 2 ways this can end. Jesse (The guy trying to break good) kills Walt, or no one does, & he outlives pretty much everyone, the former is a world of the just, & the latter is the world of chaos

It all depends on which kind of statement the show wants to make. I'm rooting for justice myself, but it can go either way really
Old September 20 2013, 12:06 PM   #521
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

Walt doesn't have to die for there to be justice. Based on the last episode, he's already lost his family and most of his money, and word's going to get out that he's Heisenberg. Everything he cares about is gone. Whether he comes back to save Jesse or not, he's paying for all his crimes even if he doesn't get killed. A long, miserable life is a more fitting punishment than a swift death, in any case.
My blog
Old September 20 2013, 05:28 PM   #522
Mojochi
Commodore

Maybe, but Walt still owns Walt. He can go back to cooking. He can disappear. He can murder. He is by all accounts still Heisenberg, and can work that any way he wants

This whole thing started not because Walt got cancer. But because getting cancer convinced him that it was now time to own himself like he never did before

True justice takes that away from him, because he chose to go about it in such a dreadful way... by abusing people like Jesse

I'm not saying it has to end that way, just that I'm still rooting for it. Some maniacs still root for Walt to win out. I'm rooting for him to be finally beaten, once and for all. He deserves it, and Jesse deserves to be the one responsible imho, or at least present
Old September 20 2013, 05:40 PM   #523
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

But he's lost everything he cares about. Why should he cook or do much of anything now that his wife and kids are gone forever?

He doesn't have to die for me to be satisfied that he's paid for his crimes. Losing all that matters to him is sufficient, so by that token, he's all but already lost.
My blog
Old September 20 2013, 05:55 PM   #524
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

it stopped being about his wife and kids about 75 million dollars ago. He amassed more than they could ever spend. It's about him finally living up to his potential. Finally being the best at something.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 06:29 PM   #525
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

And what's it gotten him? Now he's got $11 million in cash and nothing else. He has all this money but it can't buy what he wants the most: for his family to love, respect, and need him.
My blog